Act Like Odyssey Contest!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Act Like Odyssey Contest!

Post by LizzieG »

No sooner does one contest end than another begin - and an awesome one at that! Check out the Act Like Odyssey Contest at the official site!
We’re giving away 51 albums to celebrate the release of Adventures in Odyssey album 51! Be a star! Do you have a favorite scene from Adventures in Odyssey? Do you like to ham it up in front of a camera? If so, this is your chance to win Adventures in Odyssey albums one through 50, plus The Lost Episodes.
Anyone else planning on entering? :D
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I probably will. Perhaps my brother and I could do a scene between Connie and Eugene.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I wish I could... but I have no one I can do it with. :( I could monologue, but I'd have to um... choose wisely, as they say? I'll think about it. I'd love every album... but I know I'd lose anyway... ugh...
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Loved the example clips in the Official Podcast, especially the Isaac the Chivalrous scene. Between the high bar set by the examples and the massive prize, I know we can look forward to many quality entries!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

My little sister and I are planning to enter. Since there aren't that many little kids in Odyssey, we're going to do the scene in "A Lamb's Tale" when Tamika decides to let Sam keep her lamb. I'm Tamika and she's Sam. She sounds just like her!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oh how nice! I think I'll vote for yours...but no, I won't enter...I'd have to play Marvin I think...
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Not me, for a couple of reasons. First, I don't have a video camera. Second, I don't know anybody that shares my interest in AIO. With people entering from around the world, I would not win anyway.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Thinking about entering...maybe. Even if it's just me acting with...myself...I can edit it together to make it look like two people....acquiring a camera is problematic however.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I think the prize is fantastic! I don't know any people outside my family (and ToOers) who even care about Odyssey in any positive magnitude. I also am no actor. But I want to try anyway because I like the prize! Perhaps I could team up with you, Bob Booth, and record myself doing one half the action. You could record your character, and one of us could edit them together! Maybe...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

haha..that would be cool. I think if I do anything it will be a BTV or Kid's Radio. That way I won't have to try to impersonate the characters exactly.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

You don't have to have a video camera. If I did it, I'd use my camera that will take any number of minutes long of a video. Video camera is better, but you work with what you got.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Oh my, I am definately entering.
Thanks for putting this up here
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Ooh...play Whit!

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I have a better idea.
I am so excited.
I'm hopefully filming mine today:)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

It would actually be a really fun idea to do a massive collaboration video with the ToOers that all wanted to.

It could be a BTV episode, and we could assign different parts to different ToOers that wanted to be involved, and then someone could edit it all together.

That would actually be a fun idea, I think.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Sounds sooo exciting.....

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

If I was a good actor, I would join the contest. The prize is out of this world! \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yeah, it is. But if we won, who'd get the album? I reached a new rank, in disguise!

EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

My siblings and I are going to do a scene from The Mailman Cometh. Unfortuneately though, I don't get to play Wooton because I have to be Elaine. If my siblings back out of it whatever reason, I've decided that I could do the scene from Nothing But the Half Truth where Wooton tries to record his answering machine message. I might just do that and let them do something different if they don't mind.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Bob Booth
OK

Post by Bob Booth »

Well, that would probably be a little weird having a lady Wooton, anyway. :)

Still trying to find a good scene to do. . . and deciding if we have TIME to do it! (I really want to, though)