How would you feel if AIO ended?

I know I don't like to think about it either!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

I'd be heartbroken!!!
68%
Odyssey's run it's course.I don't care!
32%
What's AIO?
No votes

Total votes: 31

Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera

Post by Peachey Keen »

I don't like to think about this too much, but how would you feel if AIO ended? I would probably scream or smash my head against a wall. ](*,) !I think that they might end AIO at the 1,000 episode because on the old Whit's End page about the actors,one of them mentions that Dr. Dobson wanted to make 1,000 eps and on the 500 Enhanced CD,Chris,while playing around, ask to send in ideas "for those last 500 shows we're going to do."Who knows?

Anyway,go ahead and post!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

For the most part, they should end when fans lose interest. From what I see they could have stopped at many different points:
  • After Auld Lang Syne - The end of 1988, it came to sort of a re-grouping point.
  • After the Blackgaard Saga - After this story arc, would have been the best choice if they did stop. All plot-points (except the Eugene/Katrina thing...sort of) were cleared up.
  • After the Novacom Saga - Same reason as the last. :p
  • After Album 50 - A very dramatic ending with The Imagination Station, Revisited, could be a great ending, except for the thing at the end with Connie pushing that red button.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Irwin wrote:For the most part, they should end when fans lose interest. From what I see they could have stopped at many different points:
  • After Auld Lang Syne - The end of 1988, it came to sort of a re-grouping point.
  • After the Blackgaard Saga - After this story arc, would have been the best choice if they did stop. All plot-points (except the Eugene/Katrina thing...sort of) were cleared up.
  • After the Novacom Saga - Same reason as the last. :p
  • After Album 50 - A very dramatic ending with The Imagination Station, Revisited, could be a great ending, except for the thing at the end with Connie pushing that red button.
Or after It's a Wrap!. I think they actually said they were thinking about calling it quits then.

Jeremy
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Doh! I'm not a mod anymore. Admins, this thread needs to be deleted as its content is far to terrifying for some of our younger members. We can't have people entering depression because of what they read on a Christian message board.

:wink:

I try not to think about these things, but in all reality, I really can't see AIO ending for at least 50 years. There is always a possibility of drastic changes (being produced by another organization, no Whit, half the episodes per year, etc.), but even if something horrible happened, there's so much dedication to the program, I just can't see it vanishing.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I was thinking about this a few years back. My theory was they shound end at album 50, where Whit and Connie should both get married (to different people, of course ;)). If that happened, the series really would be over. \:D/

I do not want Odyssey to ever end. It really would be heart-breaking. :boohoo:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

American Eagle wrote:I was thinking about this a few years back. My theory was they shound end at album 50, where Whit and Connie should both get married (to different people, of course ;)). If that happened, the series really would be over. \:D/

No, Whit and Connie together forever!!!!! :x

If Odyssey ended, I would be sad. Then I would start writing the sequel series. :lol: (Or adapting it for television.)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Kairi wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I was thinking about this a few years back. My theory was they shound end at album 50, where Whit and Connie should both get married (to different people, of course ;)). If that happened, the series really would be over. \:D/

No, Whit and Connie together forever!!!!! :x

If Odyssey ended, I would be sad. Then I would start writing the sequel series. :lol: (Or adapting it for television.)
Ooh! I've been kicking a TV adapt around in my head for awhile to.

So, everyone is Connie's family dies in a nuclear war, Whit adopts her, and Jason and Connie fight over the computer again, just like old times. Then, AIO ends, and we all cry, and it's dark, and the world is never the same again... :oops:
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'd be upset. DGL's ending, so I don't know if I'd survive if there was no more AIO either.
Last edited by Anna><> on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I voted for the first option. I still love the show and the thought of it ending makes me sad.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Anna><> wrote:I'd be upset. DGL's ending, so I don't know if I'd survive if there was no more AIO either.
I didn't know DGL was ending! That's too bad. :(
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Samurai Neil
Popsicle kid

Post by Samurai Neil »

Chandlah wrote:I voted for the first option. I still love the show and the thought of it ending makes me sad.
But what about ending it with a Nuclear WW1? I mean, if Paul McCuscker wrote and directed, that would be incredibly, Catacombs-ish, which is what we all want Odyssey to be, right?

Really, I would cry. Not literally, but still, I would be devastated!
COMING SOON: RANDOM ECONOMY TEXTBOOK QUOTES
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Kairi wrote:
Anna><> wrote:I'd be upset. DGL's ending, so I don't know if I'd survive if there was no more AIO either.
I didn't know DGL was ending! That's too bad. :(
I agree.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Samurai Neil wrote:
Chandlah wrote:I voted for the first option. I still love the show and the thought of it ending makes me sad.
But what about ending it with a Nuclear WW1? I mean, if Paul McCuscker wrote and directed, that would be incredibly, Catacombs-ish, which is what we all want Odyssey to be, right?

Really, I would cry. Not literally, but still, I would be devastated!

Which is why I don't want it to end? :-s
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

It's be sad to see it go, but when the show ends, you just know that the last season will be the most monumental season ever. Those last twelve episodes will be some of the best episodes ever produced, and we'd go out in quality.
Irwin wrote:For the most part, they should end when fans lose interest.
I don't think that would ever happen! The only instance in which I think they should end it is when they can no longer write relevant shows. This is a show with a purpose beyond entertaining, after all. That said, I believe that with each new generation of kids, they can repurpose old themes and teach them in a unique new way (they've already done this with several episodes).
Last edited by Boswell on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

DGL's the kind of show that can have an actual ending....AIO not so much.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Wow, I didn't know DGL was ending. I'm guessing it was due to financial reasons? It wouldn't be so bad if it meant Uncle Charlie was returning, with the old "Children's Bible Hour" show. ;) Anyone still remember this theme song? \:D/

Well, at least this gives me an opportunity to maybe catch up on the show--I'm still kind of stuck in season one from 8 years ago. :anxious:

Jeremy
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

The show has not reached its goal of 2000 episodes. So far we have only heard 647 episodes.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I seriously would cry. It would be a very traumatic experience. :mecry: But I would be glad that I at least have the albums so I would never be without AIO.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Boswell wrote:
Irwin wrote:For the most part, they should end when fans lose interest.
I don't think that would ever happen! The only instance in which I think they should end it is when they can no longer write relevant shows. This is a show with a purpose beyond entertaining, after all. That said, I believe that with each new generation of kids, they can repurpose old themes and teach them in a unique new way (they've already done this with several episodes).
If shows were no longer relevant, I would lose interest. :anxious:
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

BLASPHEMY