Comic Books

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Comic Books

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Do you enjoy reading comic books? If so, do you prefer DC or Marvel? Who are your favorite superheros? X-Men, Spiderman, Batman, Superman?
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I like Batman comics because Batgirl was a librarian. Kinda like an awesome super powered role model. Except I don't want to end up in a wheelchair. But besides that...
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

I really like Marvel's Ultimate Spiderman series.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

I'm more of a Marvel fangirl than I am DC, and my favorite Marvel series of all time has to be Runaways. I also like Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo and Herge's Tintin.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I love Batman and X-Men specifically, but I also like a little Spiderman and Superman.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Dr Strange for me, then Captain America then just anything else that catches my interest.
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

I'm a huge fan of comics!

At times I honestly don't know whether to choose between Marvel and DC. Lately all the "crisis" stuff with DC is really getting on my nerves and "The Battle for the Cowl" ,though it is rather interesting, really got on my nerves. Personally I lean towards Batman, Nightwing, JLA, Ultimate Spiderman and Teen Titans comics. Those are pretty much my favorites.

Yeah I'm a nerd :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I've always been more of a Marvel fanboy. \:D/ I don't dislike DC, but they've always just interested me less--however, their animation since the Batman: Animated Series days has for the most part been better than what Marvel has put out.

I don't read anything regularly anymore... although there were a number of comics I used to pick up every month for quite a few years... mostly Spider-man, Hulk, Punisher, Captain America, and Avengers... plus the occasional Fantastic Four and such. Now I occasionally pick up a tpb but don't really get regular issues.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I like Marvel a little better, but I'm more into the not as mainstream comics books and graphic novels. Like books by Doug TenNapel for example.

Yes, I'm a nerd too.

-Robert
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The only comic i'll ever read is MANGA MESSIAH!
:noway:

...or not.
I overall prefer Marvel but Batman has always been my favorite....other than him most DC characters aren't that good.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Tyler wrote:I overall prefer Marvel but Batman has always been my favorite....other than him most DC characters aren't that good.
Amen.

-Robert