Summer Reading Contest

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Summer Reading Contest

Post by LizzieG »

Come one, come all to the first iTaliq contest to hit the ToO! \:D/

Who: Everyone! More specifically, anyone who likes to read.
What: A long-term contest, where there will be two ultimate winners, one determined by page count and the other by participation (iTally marks). There will also be short-term aspects to this contest.
Where: We will create a special faction for all participants, where you will not only be able to discuss your favorite books, but also be eligible for weekly prizes, have opportunities to earn iTally marks, and get new decorations for your profile.
When: The contest will officially begin this coming Monday (June 8), and we encourage all interested parties to sign up before then. Yes, you will be able to "register" at any time between now and when the contest ends in late August, and latecomers will still be able to participate in the weekly drawings, but you will have the best shot at being an ultimate winner if you get involved now.
Why: You love reading and you want to connect with other readers here; you're fond of competition; you want to do things like make the admins read the book of your choice, or choose new usernames for the mods and admins from your favorite book.
How: If you want to participate, please post here and let us know, and you will be added to the faction once it opens. The faction will be an auto-join group, so non-participants are welcome to join and discuss as well... just make sure that if you do want to be a contest participant, you make that clear either in this thread or in the faction.

Alright, there you have it: the 5 "W"s and an "H." Anybody want to add any more letters? ;)

So, post here if you want to participate, and if you have any questions.

UPDATE: The faction is up, and is called "Summer Reading Contest." It is a sub-forum of McCalister Park. Feel free to join whether or not you want to officially participate... though if you do decide to make it official, join the faction and head to the "List of Participants" thread to sign up. It's never too late to join! :D
Last edited by LizzieG on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Does this include reading books of all sorts? If so, then I guess I'll be first to sign up. :)
Not dead yet.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

LizzieG wrote:Alright, there you have it: the 5 "W"s and an "H." Anybody want to add any more letters? ;)
:hilarious:

Sign me up \:D/
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

David O wrote:Does this include reading books of all sorts? If so, then I guess I'll be first to sign up. :)
That's correct. :D
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Sweet! *joins*
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Oh yes, this contest is going to be a blast! \:D/
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I officially enter this contest. \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

What do you mean by winning by 'participation'?

I wanna join! \:D/ I looove reading! I love it THIS much! *stretches out arms for emphasis*

I'm kinda sad that the contest starts now, though. :( It's going to be hard to keep up with my exams coming up soon.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I shall join if there will be free muffins served at the faction! \:D/
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

*raises hand* Aeva wants to join the contest too! \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Amethystic wrote:What do you mean by winning by 'participation'?

I wanna join! \:D/ I looove reading! I love it THIS much! *stretches out arms for emphasis*

I'm kinda sad that the contest starts now, though. :( It's going to be hard to keep up with my exams coming up soon.
iTally marks are essentially participation points; the person who earns the most is the participation winner. How exactly you earn these iTally marks will be explained in much greater detail in the faction. :)
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I'll definitely join \:D/.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I can join... but just a question. How many times a day or even week must I come on here? At home, I have the WORST internet, and I'm going to limit myself this summer on it.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

*raises hand* Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! I'll join!
Amethystic wrote:I wanna join! \:D/ I looove reading! I love it THIS much! *stretches out arms for emphasis*

:highfive:

:evillaugh:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Count me in! \:D/ This sounds awesome.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

I'll read books this summer, if that is all it takes....

I might even pop in a time or two as well!

Sign me up \:D/
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Yes! =D> Reading is my number one favorite thing to do! I'm gonna leave you all in the dust! :badgrin: But seriously, this sounds really fun. Also, I have a question. Are we going to be assigned things to read, or can we read whatever we want?
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Jugglah wrote:Yes! =D> Reading is my number one favorite thing to do! I'm gonna leave you all in the dust! :badgrin: But seriously, this sounds really fun.
But wouldn't the dust, like, be bad for the books? :sniff:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Everyone is going to be reading the same books, right? Or else that would be incredibly unfair...
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I have no idea how this'll work, but sign me up or whatever! \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait