I did it!

Not sure if this is the right place, but who cares?

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

I did it!

Post by StrongNChrist »

I did it! I did it! I did it! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Huzzah and Wooton! \:D/

(and yes, I have permission to tell you ;))

I have my own kindle - a graduation gift from my mother and brother!

I'm officially done with highschool!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/

And all those who thought I was younger then I really am....time to learn differently ;)
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Congrats!!

I too am very excited about graduating. :D
I do what I do.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Thanks. Congratulations yourself ;)

I was dying to tell the people online and my mom finally said yes today! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Congrats, I just graduated last week also!

Doesn't it feel great to be all finished? \:D/
...I hate marquees.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

well....technically...I'm not done :( I still have to take my GED this week. But I had the graduation service today at my church. It was great! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Well ok, almost finished. \:D/ (I still have some stuff to do too, such as doing the ACT since I've been putting it off for months..) :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Is the ACT like the GED?

At least I'm registered for classes this fall. Already got into the college and everything. Now I'm all excited! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

The ACT is essentially a college testing thing, it tests how much you know so colleges can see how smart you are. \:D/

I think the GED is to see if you have a high school education, correct? :-k
...I hate marquees.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Yeah. The GED is for the finishing up highschool. All homeschoolers here are required to take it.

The ACT is like the compass - which is what I took. I think.... :- As in to test to see what classes you can take in college....

EDIT: At least....I think that's what the GED is for. Now I can't even remember ](*,)
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I'm homeschooled, and I don't have to take a GED. I can't believe there's confusion on this subject, because it's something my friends and I have been stressing over since sophomore year (well, actually, I did my last ACT in the spring of my junior year, and I didn't bother taking it anymore, because my scores qualified me for the top scholarship at the college of my choice, so I thought, why torture myself any more?).The ACT is almost the same as the SAT, and it's what your college future depends on, pretty much. If you don't get a high enough score, you don't even qualify to attend college, and if you score too low in a certain section (math, for instance), you have to take remedial courses that don't count for any credits before you take the regular courses. Also, for my college, SAT and ACT scores determine which academic scholarships applicants are eligible for. Of course, homeschoolers are generally brilliant anyway, so we hardly ever have any of that to worry about.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Jugglah wrote:Of course, homeschoolers are generally brilliant anyway, so we hardly ever have any of that to worry about.
.... no comment. Might want to be careful what you say though. Even in jest it sounds a little... rude to those who are smart and in a public/private school.

Congrats on finishing high school! :) I have one more year left. I'm okay with that though cause sometimes, its better having more time left than there being no time. Or I'd be missing out on everything that's happening.

The ACT and SAT are basically tests to see how well you'll do in your first year of College. To see if you are ready for College. Having a good score on one or both (unless there is some requirement for the college/university you want to go to, most schools take scores from either or such) does help colleges assess what you should take your first year and what you are ready for.

I just took my ACT for the first time. I have not yet done the SAT, and I have to wait till next year to take it anyway cause my school doesn't do the June 6th one. It's on a Sabbath, and the Sunday after it is Graduation... I got all good scores for English, Math, and Reading. I got a point below the good Science score. I was a little annoyed about that... (and science is all I'm going to have to excel and be good at to get into Medical School...)

But, the tests are there to help colleges see how well you'd do in your first year of college, and to see what you're good at. ACT covers English, Reading, Science, and Math. If I'm correct, SAT has Math and Reading/English? Not as much as ACT. The Writing portion for ACT is optional, and for SAT it is NOT optional.

You say your college future depends on your ACT/SAT, Jugglah? Um, elaborate for me, would you kindly? It does help colleges see if you are ready for your first year, and yes you have to take one or both to get into any college basically, but I don't think I get why your college future depends on tests that... (are extremely SENSELESS... I fail horribly at tests all the time. Does that mean I'm NOT learning something? No, of course not. Just pulling info from my memory is not my best strength. I think some people have too much weighing on a score that could be totally opposite of what you really are...)

Hope that helps. And I thought GED meant General Education Development.... basically five tests that see if you have completed or "understood" high school... It's for those who have not earned a High School Diploma. Have you not earned yours SNC? I'm kinda lost... but I always am...
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Congrats StrongNChrist!

And yeah, the GED test is basically just to prove you have the equivalent of a highschool education, the ACT and SAT are completely seperate tests that colleges use as an aplication screening tool.

StrongNChrist, I assume you've already taken the SAT if you don't know what the ACT is. Usually people either take one or the other, depending on what state they live in.

EDIT:
Daniel Abigail Maxwell wrote:You say your college future depends on your ACT/SAT, Jugglah? Um, elaborate for me, would you kindly? It does help colleges see if you are ready for your first year, and yes you have to take one or both to get into any college basically, but I don't think I get why your college future depends on tests that... (are extremely SENSELESS... I fail horribly at tests all the time. Does that mean I'm NOT learning something? No, of course not. Just pulling info from my memory is not my best strength. I think some people have too much weighing on a score that could be totally opposite of what you really are...)
Sadly, yes, the SAT and ACT weigh heavily in college acceptance. More so than probably anything else. If someone has a higher SAT score than you, they're considered a more viable candidate. In fact, a lot of colleges won't take you if your ACT/SAT grade isn't high enough, unfortunately. They have minimum score requirements.
I think it's rediculous that basically your whole professional career depends on one test you take midway through highschool, but that's just the way it is. :doubt:

Also, the SAT doesn't necissarily determine what classes you'll take the first year of college. The school will administer it's own seperate entrance exam that'll show you what classes you qualify for/test out of. At least, that's how it was for me.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

StrongNChrist wrote:I'm officially done with highschool!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/

And all those who thought I was younger then I really am....time to learn differently ;)
Huzzah and Wooton! Praise God! Felicitations for completing high school! I always assumed you were approximately 15.6 years old. It is rather exciting to find out how old you are and that you finished high school!

In what state do you live to be required to take the GED?

EDIT: Go class of 2009!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Whoa. I did not think you were that old. O_O

No offence intended. Congrats. O:)
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I have met some homeschoolers who are smarter then public schoolers. I have also known some public schoolers who are smarter then homeschoolers. It doesn't all depend on where you learn. It depends on the person, too.

Thank you, Raskolnikov. I couldn't remember exactly what the GED was.....

Um...no, to my knowledge I never took the ACT or the SAT. I took something called the compass which just consists of English and math to see if I test into college levels. That was it. Then I could register (which is what I did) and I'm all set. - minus my GED of course.

Actually I'm 17 ;) I graduated one year early! \:D/ It was great, hearing what everyone thought my age was. I think JED was the only one who ever got it right :-

Go Class of '09! You rock!

and Pseu, I'm not offended ;) Trust me, I've had some people think I was 12 or 13 or 14....or 15.....lol
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Congrats SNC
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I'm also among those who thought you were a bit younger, but no matter... Congrats, StrongNChrist! :)

Congrats also to GlennAdams and J-man and the rest of the Class of 2009! \:D/
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Is the reason everyone thought I was younger because of how I acted? I was always told I was mature for my age :anxious: ;)

thanks guys! And congratulations to everyone in Class of '09!
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

well they could of just used the same logic I did
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

who wants to use logic?