Is the Straussberg Family Coming Back?

Share your thoughts

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Chandler

Is the Straussberg Family Coming Back?

Post by Chandler »

So do we think Mandy and family are coming back after the haitus? The writers made a point of not moving the family after they discovered Aria Curzon would still be available. So, will we hear from them again? Will Trent be around also? I hear that Stephen got a new job where he has to travel, but at least he should be able to support his family.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I doubt we'll see them again, and that suits me fine. The family has run its course and I don't care to keep them around.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I don't care whether or not the entire family comes back so much, but it would be nice to hear more of the Trent and Mandy friendship, though it isn't the same anymore without Liz anyway.
If they do bring these two back, I think they should be older than the real Odyssey kids are. They're already too old to keep playing in most of the kid issue related shows, but maybe Mandy could become a new employee at Whits End or something.

She could even catch up to the forever young Connie in age and they could be best friends. :D
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Hard to say...

We know the Washingtons aren't coming back
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I sincerely doubt it. Apparently they have replaced Paul Herlinger and if the Washington family is not coming back, my guess would be that Mandy and her family are gone as well.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

I think all the kid characters and their respective families are not coming back. Except for maybe Grady and his family.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
FluteBoy
Gold Member

Post by FluteBoy »

I know Aria would be happy to reprise Mandy or Clara or anything else the writers or producers have in mind. She can certainly pitch her voice to sound any age they need her to sound. But so far, she hasn't been contacted about doing the show. This may mean they are going in another direction. It is a shame as she really enjoyed doing AIO, Mandy was really the heart and soul of the Straussberg family and her character was basically written out over a misunderstanding on the writers' part.
"The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman. It isn't non-denominational – it is pre-denominational. It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago."
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Dallas R. wrote:I don't care whether or not the entire family comes back so much, but it would be nice to hear more of the Trent and Mandy friendship, though it isn't the same anymore without Liz anyway.
If they do bring these two back, I think they should be older than the real Odyssey kids are. They're already too old to keep playing in most of the kid issue related shows, but maybe Mandy could become a new employee at Whits End or something.

She could even catch up to the forever young Connie in age and they could be best friends. :D
That'd be class, they really need some kids that actually graduate from Middle School without dropping off the face of the planet.

And what about the Washingtons? They need to bring back Marvin, I was just getting to like him. ''-

Don't get rid of all the characters, just when they're getting good!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Mandy should stay around.Trent too, 'cause we need to see their relationship grow.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

FluteBoy wrote:I know Aria would be happy to reprise Mandy or Clara or anything else the writers or producers have in mind. She can certainly pitch her voice to sound any age they need her to sound. But so far, she hasn't been contacted about doing the show. This may mean they are going in another direction. It is a shame as she really enjoyed doing AIO, Mandy was really the heart and soul of the Straussberg family and her character was basically written out over a misunderstanding on the writers' part.
Thanks for the update, FluteBoy. The impression I got from all that I've heard was that that kid turnover rate would be high. We already know we're getting a new family of 4 (The Parkers, including 8-year-old Camilla) and some of the Kidsboro kids. While we might occasionally hear from some of the former ones, I'm expecting the new shows to focus on the new kids.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

At this rate Connie is going to move to California soon...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Awwww. I really liked Mandy. :noway:
I do what I do.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

FluteBoy wrote:I know Aria would be happy to reprise Mandy or Clara or anything else the writers or producers have in mind. She can certainly pitch her voice to sound any age they need her to sound. But so far, she hasn't been contacted about doing the show. This may mean they are going in another direction. It is a shame as she really enjoyed doing AIO, Mandy was really the heart and soul of the Straussberg family and her character was basically written out over a misunderstanding on the writers' part.
*facepalm for the writers*

I hope that Aria does get to come back to AIO at some point, if not as Mandy then as another character. She's a great VA and it stinks that she can't do something she loves because of a writers' goof.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

On the bright side, if Aria isn't busy with AIO perhaps we shall finally see Santa With Muscles 2 go into production! \:D/
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Could someone brush me up on what this "writers' goof" was/is? It may have slipped my mind.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

^^^Yeah, me too. :-s

*sigh* As much as it pains me, we'll probably never see the Straussbergs again for a loooong time. :( Rest assured though, I will be kicking and screaming as they leave Odyssey. :-

*CUE DREAM MUSIC*

Mr. S: Okay kids, everyone get into the car!

Mandy: I'm gonna miss living in Odyssey.

Mrs. S: I know dear, but you know they have a strict policy about forcing all the kids out of town every ten years.

Mandy: I know... :(

David: Isn't that un-American?

Mr. S: Yes, well so is pizza and made in China products. Let's go!

Amy: *jumps out of closet* NOOOOOO! *grabs onto David's leg*

David: What the--- who are you?! *tries to pull free*

Mandy: What are you doing?! *tries to pull Amy off*

Amy: No! You have to stay! Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!

Mr. S: I thought you cleaned out the closets!

Mrs. S: So did I! Help me pry her off of David! *everyone tries to yank Amy off*

Amy: Nooo! I won't let go until you staaay!

David: FINE! We'll stay!

Amy: *stops screaming and lets go* Really? :incnt:

David: No. :roll:

Amy: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *tackles David*

Mandy: Mom!

Mrs. S: Stephen, call the police!

Mr. S: *dials* Hello? Police? There's a crazy teenage girl in our house attacking our son!

Amy: STAY!

David: Let go!

Mandy: Stop!

Amy: No!

Mr. S: No, it is not a 'story arch'! Why are you blabbing on about radio drama?!

Mrs. S: Hurry Stephen, she's ripping his shoes to shreds. With her teeth!

Mr. S:I'm trying I--- No, my name is not Richard Maxwell! You know what? Forget it! *slams down phone* Honestly, what do they teach those officers?

David: Make her let go!!!

Mandy: Dad!

Mr. S: Okay, okay! I'll go unpack the chain saw! *runs*

*REPLAY DREAM MUSIC*

In short: it's gonna be hard to let go. :anxious:
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I'm going to miss Mandy a little bit, but I really didn't like the new David voice nor his attitude. I understand how kids can change and have bad friends influence him like in Out of Our Hands, but I liked the early David that hung out with Alex like in Slumber Party :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I will miss Mandy if she's gone for good, but while the Straussberg family mini-arc was interesting, I really won't miss the rest of them. I agree with Agent3xq about David - that's definitely how I feel too. :D Hopefully Mandy will be able to make some kind of appearance in the future.

Also, Amethystic... :hilarious: Too funny! I love the Richard Maxwell reference from the police officer.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

That's hilarious, Amethystic! :hilarious:
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

\:D/

THat was funny \:D/