Who's Who on the ToO - Week 7

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Who's Who on the ToO - Week 7

Post by Iron and Light »

Who's Who on the ToO - Week 7 wrote:Who's Who on the ToO - Week 7 - Sarai Binghamton:

Sarai Binghamton has been a member of the ToO since November of 2005. She is best known for her role playing finesse, excellent grammatical skillz (yes, with a 'z' \:D/), and awesome writing abilities. Sarai served as a Town Mayor alongside of sonuna during the seventh term. I think I can safely say she is loved by all who know her. As of late, it would seem her ToO time has been a bit scarce, and she has opted to go stealth style.

So, who is the awesome girl behind the username? Well, let's find out:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:I'm in an average-sized family; two of my brothers are on the ToO. You may guess who they are. My dad's a pastor, but he's working fulltime now as we wait on God for our future. I grew up in a Christian home, so I've always been exposed to ... you know, the Jesus Film, all the traditional evangelism tactics, etc. I'd say I've been a Christian - at least, traditionally, sinner's prayer, whatnot - ever since I was about 3 or 4, but it wasn't until I was around 11 that I began to take my faith seriously... since then, of course, I've had my various growing pains and difficulties in life, and fortunately our Saviour keeps saving.
Along the lines of religion, she also noted that she is with Assemblies of God at the moment, however she considers herself non-denominational and charismatic/Pentecostal as well.

Her favorite and least favorite things to do in life are as follows:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:Favourite things: drink tea, write, draw, listen to music, play various online games, play basketball, swim. I don't mind getting my blood drawn, either. It's rather fascinating.
Least favourite things: I hate doing taxes, tedious schoolwork, being late for class, beating sense into peoples' heads. (Though, it is kind of fun.)
Likewise, her likes and dislikes are...:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:Likes: ramen! tea. art. wacom tablets (want an intuos!). mp3s of various sorts. Coldplay. the Newsboys. poetry. short stories. writing. languages and the study thereof. ibuprofen. green and black olives (in large amounts). fried calamari. light floral/tropical fragrances. missions trips. blankets and books. sushi. cloaks. elves of all sorts. long walks. warm hoodies. epic music. phone calls with good friends. letters.
Dislikes: coleslaw. taking pills. vomiting. heavy meats. colds. the flu. ignorance. any dish incorporating mushy bread, save for stuffing. dried cranberries. sickly-sweet things.
I think it would be rather interesting to find someone who actually liked being sick with the flu and vomiting :anxious:.

-cough-

Moving right along :).

Sarai's explanation of how she came to join the ToO is as follows:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:I was on the CBH forums from about late 2004 'til 2005, when I heard from RebekahD about the ToO; she gave me the link and I visited it... I was intrigued at the premise of an AIO fansite, because at the time I was moving away from the CBH fandom and definitely into the AIO fandom.
Yay for RebekahD from CBH- the ToO just wouldn't be the same without Sarai having joined :noway:.

I found Sarai's first impressions of the ToO to be quite humorous:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:Cowboy of Texas posted in HH a screenshot of him being the *only* user logged in there. I thought to myself, how obsessed is he? o_O
And then, to make her comments more serious, she added:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:My first impression, though... it was ... very interesting. I felt like it was so much more mature than CBH, and so I rather liked it.
Having been such a prominent member of the ToO, Sarai's 'favorite people' list is long, as can be expected:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:Oh dear heavens ... wow, this is a very small list of all you awesome people... umm, primarily, the Blackgaards and their allies, forsooth - Elf, Sonuna, UZ, EK, EB, Rachael, Felicity, Catspaw ( :hug: ), Captain Jack :( /Shad Lexor :inlove: , Dr. Watson, Jonathan, and last but hardly least, Bmuntz. Also JF777. ^_^

Beyond this? Hubcap, LucyP, J-man (we were married once!), Stubborn, Ruthie, CoT :inlove: , Lord_Kappa, Top and his lovely counterpart CA, Darcie (<3), my lovely Frank, Trent deWhite, Sherlock, Jared W, and JJJJ.
And, as also can be expected, her favorite memories of the ToO are many:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:My... the old roleplaying games... like the Case against the Blackgaards, or Shadows of Regis. And Trinny and CoT's case for the evilness of girls. Oldschool fightin' and flirtin'. Doesn't get better'n that.
Sarai is a true AIO fan of a ToO'er. Her favorite episodes and characters are..:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:Character? Aubrey Shepard. I really identify with her - especially as she's grown. Also, the Barclays - as a pastor's kid and having been involved with a lot of ...er, church-related drama and tragedy, their sagas are ...helpful to understand.
Episodes ... I love all of the Blackgaard/Novacom episodes, but I rather enjoy The Mortal Coil pt 1 and 2, Memories of Jerry, Happy Smilers, and Soaplessly Devoted.

ALSO. SHOUTOUT FOR MONICA STONE. She deserves more airtime.
And finally...
Sarai Binghamton wrote:
Who's Who on the ToO wrote:What makes the ToO so awesome?
It's a two-part answer... I'd be apt to say the people, but to be honest that's a bit of a misguided answer. I've been on forums where people are so arrogant and stuck-up that no matter what anyone said they had to be right all the time... I'd say that our (generalized) relationships with God makes it so unified. So. God, definitely, and of course the awesome people that make up this fine community.
Sarai Binghamton wrote:
Who's Who on the ToO wrote:If you would change one thing about the ToO to improve it, what would it be?
Bring the oldbies (the WAY oldbies from the TH, and even before) back! Stop aging forever! Let's hear it for ... those ancient crones.
Hopefully this article has helped everyone to get to know Sarai better. To finish the article, let me just say that she has long been a caring, compassionate member of the ToO with excellent story ideas and writing abilites to bring her RP characters to life.
Last edited by Iron and Light on Fri May 29, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

So how did you select your username, may I inquire?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Yay - I liked it! Sarai is awesome. \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm really enjoying this feature - it's great to get to know lots of the ToO's fine members! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Woot and huzzah for Sarai's epic pwnage! Even if she finds donating blood to be... interesting.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Good article, Sarai! =D>
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Kody: Ah, I actually joined as forever_faithful... but, by the beginning of 2006 I was using "Sarai Binghamton." The origins of that name? I was joining an anti-Blackgaard RPG, and my character's name was ...well, one I came up with in 10 seconds flat. Needless to say it stuck. :p
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

Has anyone heard fromA.R.E.M?
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I really liked the article! Thanks to Sarai and Iron and Light! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:J-man (we were married once!)
:hilarious: Ah yes..

Another great interview! \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That was a great interview - thanks for sharing, Sarai! :D I always love to read anything you've written, because you have a unique and totally awesome way with words. \:D/

Another great Who's Who article, Iron and Light!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Non-denominational and charismatic/Pentecostal? :highfive:
Quote about COT's screenshot? Ha!
The ToO is more mature than another board (that I am not familiar with)? Strikes me as funny.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

*jumps up and down* I remember when she was forever_faithful! \:D/

(Man. Memories. =O )

This article made me happy. Three cheers for Sarai! (Even if I can't pronounce her username.) \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

When I saw her username at first I thought, "Sarah Brightman?"

She is very nice. :D And she introduced me to the ToO.
(Who is your other brother?)

Snore.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Stubborn wrote:*jumps up and down* I remember when she was forever_faithful! \:D/

(Man. Memories. =O )

This article made me happy. Three cheers for Sarai! (Even if I can't pronounce her username.) \:D/
\:D/ It's Sarai! Like disarray!
iTaq wrote:Non-denominational and charismatic/Pentecostal? :highfive:
\:D/

L_K : you still type my name as Binghampton. :( It makes the F_F inside me sad.
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Sarai Binghamton wrote: L_K : you still type my name as Binghampton. :( It makes the F_F inside me sad.
This is the first time I ever noticed that it was Binghamton! :anxious:

Squeal.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Onomatopoea wrote:
Sarai Binghamton wrote: L_K : you still type my name as Binghampton. :( It makes the F_F inside me sad.
This is the first time I ever noticed that it was Binghamton! :anxious:

Squeal.

(I should've noted that I also like lolcats and cheezburgers.)
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Yay, I was looking forward to the Sarai installment of the "Who's Who" chronicles! =D>

And, to further my ignorance of those members whom I supposedly *know* but apparently do not: you have brothers on the ToO? Wow.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

I couldn't resist.

ANYWAY: Wow, I really missed this tread! I kept forgetting to read it untill now ](*,) Is there anyway I can read past ones? I'm positive there is, but I'm still a newbie so of course I have no idea what's going on :D Though I'm slowly getting a grasp of it.....

(I can tell I'm a newbie when I've never met Miss Sarai Binghamton before. Hullo there, by the way. :anxious: )
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches