Unshackled

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Unshackled

Post by Follower of Christ »

Has anyone heard the radio drama, Unshackled, on BBN radio?
It's true stories on how God changes the lives of all sorts of people. I recommend it.
The web address is: www.unshackled.org
Jesus is ready for anyone who is ready for him.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I've heard it once or twice. I think it comes on really late in my area.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Follower of Christ »

That can be a problem. We listen to the earlier show in our area, but there is one the come on at midnight!
I personally would choose A.I.O over it. I share a room with one of my sisters and Unshackled is what she listens to every chance she can get so now I am sort of attached to it.
Jesus is ready for anyone who is ready for him.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I posted a topic about this a few years ago here when I was listening to it regularly, but I actually haven't listened to it in a long time. It is good though. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I believe that my father-in-law's story was once on there. I listened to that episode but have never bothered listening to any other episodes. :-
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

That is a totally sweet radio show. :D I found podcast by them too. \:D/
Tractor107
Tallying up

Post by Tractor107 »

I love that show. I listen to it right before I go to bed. It is awesome how God works in others lives.
1 Timothy 4:12 "Do not let anyone look down onn you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in life, in speech, in love, in purity, and in faith."
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Tractor107 wrote:I love that show. I listen to it right before I go to bed. It is awesome how God works in others lives.
So totally. I wonder if they would consent to making an episode about, say, Darth Vader. 8-)
Homeward bound
Lucid and deductive
Location: Can't say where I am, but my head is in the clouds...

Post by Homeward bound »

My uncle used to do some of the voices occasionally... I remember listening with my mom when I was younger trying to hear if he was voicing any of the characters. I don't know if he still does anymore...
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Homeward bound wrote:My uncle used to do some of the voices occasionally... I remember listening with my mom when I was younger trying to hear if he was voicing any of the characters. I don't know if he still does anymore...
That is rly kool. \:D/
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

If I'm not mistaken, and I rarely am on Fridays, I believe it's the longest continuously-running radio drama going. Either that, or "Songs in the Night."
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

WatchaCall wrote:If I'm not mistaken, and I rarely am on Fridays, I believe it's the longest continuously-running radio drama going. Either that, or "Songs in the Night."
Seriously it is? Wow I didn't realize that..
Joyfully
Found

Post by Joyfully »

I listion to it. =)

my family has listioned to BBN before it even came on, so they reconize like pretty much all the stories, hehe. =)
it is a neat program, that's how my 1 sister got saved.
Last edited by Joyfully on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I've been listening to Unshackled as long as I can remember. My mom always had the radio station on in the car. The production quality is low, but the story and characters shine through to the point that once you start listening, you can't stop.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

That has been around forever. I used to listen to it on the way to evening church. One of my friends said she listened decades ago even before she became a christian. She is a former heroine addict (hippie). I think they have their own webpage where you can listen if it comes on at an inconvenient time. Here in Sweden, everything from the US is 'inconvenient' and I have to listen online. I miss BBN's On Demand feature.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I most definitely do not get that channel in my region.

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I haven't heard of it,, but it looks pretty cool. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Joyfully
Found

Post by Joyfully »

it is soooo neat! =)
we listion to BBN a lot in our house =) pretty much the main radio station we listion to. everyone should listion to Unshackled, it's about my favorite program on BBN, besides Adventures in Odyssey and Captions club,(some of the time), there's really neat speakers on there also. =)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I listened to a few episodes! :D I love them!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
redrose
Processing

Post by redrose »

We used to listen to it on the net all the time. It's pretty amazing stuff.
We have raised our hopes and our cities high
We have followed fragile dreams
But only One could take the measure of our goals