Favorite AIO Video

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Favorite AIO Video

Post by Peachey Keen »

Mine would have to be Someone to Watch Over Me,cause' that's the only one I've seen.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My favourite is probably the from the "new" series. I think The Caves of Qumran is a really good movie, in comparison to the other ones. It's funny and enjoyable, and I still liked it even when I wasn't a kid when I first saw it. I liked all the AIO videos when I was a kid, but as I got older I realized how bad some of them were in comparison to the audio series. From the older ones, I did like "Go West Young Man," which, besides being the name of an old Michael W. Smith song, :) was also one of the older movies that I watched the most. It was funny, and I took it babysitting with me a few times and the kids liked it.

I haven't watched any of the movies for at least a few years, so a lot of the details have faded from all of them, but as much as it was okay when I was a kid, watching Dylan joust against an evil dude while riding Sherman the dog just isn't believable. ;)
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Shadow of a Doubt is great entertainment, just as a good as a radio episode imho. Because I'm a Star Trek fan, Star Quest is also a favorite. : j

Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I never liked the videos (and I'm pretty sure I've seen them all). The AIO writers always talk about how they don't write down to kids in the audio series, or in other words, they don't insult the audience's intelligence. I felt like the videos fell into that trap far too often. I also thought the characters were dumber than in the audio series. Eugene, especially. I mean, he's always been comic relief, but here he's just dense! However, I agree with Catspaw about "The Caves of Qumran". It had a definite "Indiana Jones" feel to it, and it seemed a little less goofy than most of the other ones.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Mine would have to be the one where Dylan saves Whit from the cat burglar. And the drain, The big one in shasta's picture...
I do what I do.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I like the one where they nixed the animated cast and just used the audio from Darkness Before Dawn and made a mini series out of it... \:D/
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

The Top Crusader wrote:I like the one where they nixed the animated cast and just used the audio from Darkness Before Dawn and made a mini series out of it... \:D/
If only...
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I like "A Stranger Among Us" the best, I think. I used to think that Eugene came first in the show (I saw the videos first, you observe), and I was pleasantly surprised that Connie was finally seen in the videos. Imagine my surprise when I found out that Connie came first!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

"The Caves of Qumran" is my favorite video. "Shadow of a Doubt" and "Baby Daze" are also entertaining shows, and I prefer the older animation style.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Of the ones that I've seen, I'd say "Baby Daze".
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Ha Ha. We didn't have a TV, hence the reason I listened to AIO to begin with. I was so dissapointed when the videos came out because I listened to the show so intensely and then they made AIO in a form I couldn't partake of. When I finally did satiate my curiosity and had the chance to watch one of the videos, I was even more dissapointed. Their version of the characters was not mine at all. I utterly renounce what they did with Eugene's face. He has eyes in my imagination.

In answer to the question, I can't even remember which of the videos I saw, so I guess I don't have a favorite.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth