What is the last movie you saw?

post it

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

The Secret World of Arriety.
Adored it. Extremely charming. Not the most stunning or original plot ever, but for some reason, I fell in love.
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

I know precisely what you mean, Joy. There's something vaguely special, philosophic, and unforgettable about it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

1776!! On the Fourth of July too!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

The Book Thief
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sapphire wrote:The Book Thief
Somebody told me the other day that they have seen that movie more than a hundred times. Apparently it's her favourite. I have yet to see it even once, but apparently I am missing out on something special!

I watched Enchanted last night. I really like that movie. Sometimes I just want to watch magical, musical fun. \:D/
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Loved it. \:D/ That is the first Transformers movie I have seen, and it's awesome.
Last edited by Aeva on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

The Lego Movie

It was okay....definitely not the best movie I've ever seen. If I never watched it again I wouldn't have a problem with that. =p
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

X-Men: Days of Future Past

it was good a second time around

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched "Emma" (the 2009 BBC miniseries) for the first time and really enjoyed it. I thought they did a really good job of telling the story without succumbing to reinventing a classic. I felt like Emma and Harriet's friendship could have been developed a little bit more, but other than that, I didn't think there was much to criticize, which is always a good thing when I'm watching a movie based on a book that I really like. ;)
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Anemone wrote:The Lego Movie

It was okay....definitely not the best movie I've ever seen. If I never watched it again I wouldn't have a problem with that. =p
Deep breaths, Woody. Don't rant.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Snowpiercer. Quite fascinating. I will never look at Captain America the same way.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie called "Hitched for the Holidays" today. Timely, I know. ;) It was really good (considering it was a made-for-TV movie), and I was glad that I watched it. It was a nice, light movie that had people with families that weren't perfect but really loved each other in healthy ways. There wasn't really anything that I thought should have been left out of the movie. That is absolutely amazing. Often I find myself thinking, "If only they had left out that one scene and a couple of words, that movie would have been so much more enjoyable." Not this time! \:D/ It certainly will never be up for any awards, but I will defininitely watch it again...probably closer to Christmas. ;) If you don't like happy movies, this is not the film experience you are looking for. If you're like me and you like sweet and funny movies, then I would definitely recommend it!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Catspaw wrote:I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie called "Hitched for the Holidays" today.
I've seen that one and it is quite good!

The last one I've seen was Muppets Most Wanted for the first time. It was hilarious and I loved the songs!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I recently saw The Giver. The book was so much better. :boohoo:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, I want to see that one at some point, snubs. It looked interesting.

Yesterday my sister and brother-in-law came over and we watched Muppet Treasure Island. It's one of my sister's favourite movies, and her husband hadn't seen it yet, so it was fun to watch with them. I really enjoy the movie myself. \:D/ Some of those songs are just hilarious. "When you're a professional pirate....you don't have to wear a suit." :lol:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Catspaw wrote:
snubs wrote:The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Oh, I want to see that one at some point, snubs. It looked interesting.
It was an enjoyable watch. *nods* I was entertained. =]
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I watched Divergent. I was kind of expecting to be let down, but it was really good and had a lot of action.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched Captain America 2 with a couple of friends today. I had decided to buy the Blu-ray, since Amazon had a good price and I had really liked it, so I knew that I would want to see it again as soon as it was available. I had seen it opening night (more because I was going to be near the theatre that day anyway than because I couldn't bear to wait a week or two) so I hadn't seen it since the beginning of April. For me, that's enough time to forget a few details ;) though I did remember most of the important stuff. It was a lot of fun to see it again. It is a really well-done movie of its genre, in my opinion.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I saw Captain America 2 on Friday. I downloaded it to rent on my iPad and had to delete a whole bunch of apps to do it. :) I'm glad I finally saw it.