The Top Ten

Funniest Adventures

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

The Top Ten

Post by V-lady »

What would you say are the ten most funny Adventures every made?

Here's my list--

1. Aloha, Oy! I
2. Aloha, Oy! II >What's better than the Barclays and the Rathbones together!
3. Aloha, Oy! III
4. It's a Pokenberry Christmas I
5. It's a Pokenberry Christmas II >Lots of awesome quotes!
6. Sunday Morning Scramble >You gotta love the Washington's :D
7. Relatively Annoying >I love Alex's narrations! \:D/
8. Third Degree >Eugene and Bernard paired together ftw!
9. Mum's the Word >Lots of funny characters, and a hilarious overall story
10. Do or Diet >I love the dialogue!

Hmmm...That was hard. A lot of episodes could have gone on that list...

So, what are your favorites?
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

There are so many episodes that I consider funny so it's going to be hard to make a top 10 list.

1. Two Friends and a Truck (anytime I need to think of a happy thought I always think about this one "wear your groveling vest, it will be perfect for the occassion")
2. Do or Diet (Album 41 has been in my player recently so right now this is #2, although it might change in the future)
3. Broken Window ("so if you don't not know then you do know! And if you know that the answer isn't no then you know that there's now way I could have broken the window")
4. Sunday Morning Scramble (With daylight savings being this past weekend how could I forget about this one. Especially with Bart Rathbone drinking a fish and using Mr. Washington's shirt and watching a show about the history of french toast)
5. Top This! (I guess four episodes topped this one but at least it made it on the list there are several other funny episodes that aren't making it on this list of mine)
6. And the Glory (Yes I still quote about how the crinkle cut fries are tastier than the regular fries. You can find me doing this almost all the time in the frozen foods section "no I completely disagree with you, the regular fries just aren't as tasty as the crinkle cut fries")
7. Family Values (even my little sister who doesn't like Odyssey will laugh at some kid who tucks the table cloth into his belt)
8. Poetry in Slow Motion (Yes I have customized my computer to say "I like pants". Pathetic I know)
9. Best Face Forward (I love Jared's theory about Mark Herring riding on a stationary bike in a camper while eating fig bars. And since Jared is definitely a funny character in Odyssey he has to rank in the top 10)
10. The Power of One (another one that family members will laugh at. Nothing like a 500 pound chicken landing in a stewing pot, a wrestler who has something for a woman named Ashley or Harlow Doyle rhyming about Samson)

Now that I have done my top 10 these are the episodes that I would have loved to include but didn't make the list:
V.B.S. Blues
The Y.A.K. Problem
My Favorite Thing
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I don't have the greatest memory.. but, well, let me see...

1. Top This (POLKA music? Golly Gee Whilikers!! That was hilarious! And CBD... wow...!)

2. Soaplessly Devoted (so many quotes and funny things.. oh my!)

3. Snow Day (Rodney, Alex... "Are we wimps or are we warriors?" "We are wimps, Sir!" Priceless!)

4. The Top Floor 1,2,3 (together because I can't remember which part has um... Jason talking on and on about his badge... man.. lovable!)

5. Hear Me, Hear Me (Wooton, Connie, Eugene.. mix it all together, a GAME SHOW?!)

6. I Slap Floor (You can't stop me laughing at the foolery there...)

7. Mandy's Debut (Oh, I laugh so much over this one.. hehe... COnnie singing? HELP!)

8. Sunset Bowlawater (Mandy.. Crackers.. Harlow... oh that was just enjoyable!)

9. The Seven Deadly Dwarves(tied with) Bethany's Flood (Interesting tale... I like it!)

10. Missionary: Impossible! (oh the ideas some people have about missionary work...)

11. Blood, Sweat, and Fears (all of them...)

Others too.. but those are totally my like... top 12...
The Court Jester
I've been here a bit

Post by The Court Jester »

Well, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of odyssey just because I haven't heard all the episodes, not that I don't when I get a chance.. and I have recently caught up on the episodes online.

Anyways, Only one episode really comes to mind right now, and that is Train Ride. That episode is, and will always be my favorite episode. ;)
Though, there are many hilarious ones. D:
Hahaha My Motto: ;)

Matthew 10:39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Loser wrote:Train Ride. That episode is, and will always be my favorite episode.
How many have you heard? I would never say an episode will always be my favorite. Not to offend you or anything, but your underestimating how awesome these writers are. You'd think an episode so funny could never be outdone, but it can! :D
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

IMO, "Train Ride" is a great mystery, but not one of the best comedic episodes. It also doesn't work so well on repeat listenings. ;)
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I really like Top This (Hilarious! Polka music rocks!) and Poetry In Slow Motion (I like pants!). There are others, but I can't think of them right now.