The location of Odyssey

Where is it?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
The location of Odyssey

Post by American Eagle »

I'm sure that this has been discussed before but I want people's opinion on where Odyssey is. In Album 21: Wish You Were Here! Bernard and Eugene travel through Iowa going to California. So it is east of Iowa. In Family Vacation the Barclay family travel down to Florida. And traveled through like Kentucky getting there. And in The Underground Railroad it is reviled that Odyssey is part of the the Underground Railroad. So it's in the Midwest/North-East. My brother and I guessed it was about in Fort Wayne, Indiana, based on many other things. Are there any other indications are where Odyssey is, and what do you think about it?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It's in Ohio. ;)

But if you're interested in verifying the validity of this claim, Jacob Isom has a pretty snazzy listing of where Odyssey is not right over here.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I like the idea of it being in Indiana... particularly that part of Indiana :-
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Why, I live in Odyssey! \:D/
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

If you go to http://www.odysseyfan.com/AIO_Audio.html and listen to FP1: Whit's Visitor Whit says it is in Ohio.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Odyssey's in Swaziland! :mad:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

It IS in Ohio. They just decided never to mention it was there again, after airing Family Portarits.

I like the idea of it being in Kentucky, since I live there and I'd probably go around looking for it. :anxious:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Family Portraits and Odyssey USA did take place in Ohio, that doesn't mean Adventures in Odyssey does. They're technically different series'. The point of a test series is to put out ideas and see if they work. The basic concept of the show worked, that's why they continued it. But they did decide that some ideas shouldn't be used in the actual series, one of which being the fact that Odyssey is in Ohio. They thought that it would work better if they didn't say where it is.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

It couldnt be Indiana because of a single vote
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Jim Hawkins wrote:It couldnt be Indiana because of a single vote
It couldn't be a lot of things because of a lot of episodes. Check out Where Odyssey's not on the odyssey scoop.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Family Portraits and Odyssey USA did take place in Ohio, that doesn't mean Adventures in Odyssey does. They're technically different series'. The point of a test series is to put out ideas and see if they work. The basic concept of the show worked, that's why they continued it. But they did decide that some ideas shouldn't be used in the actual series, one of which being the fact that Odyssey is in Ohio. They thought that it would work better if they didn't say where it is.
Quoted for agreement. :D
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Trent wrote:It's in Ohio. ;)
I'm with Trent. Because I tire a bit of this discussion, I'd say Ohio is the obvious pick. Especially after reading Chapter 16 (page 200) in The Official Guide.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I think, since Odyssey is a fictional town, we should designate a fictional location in a fictional state. I say Odyssey is in the state of Jefferson. Who's with me?
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Mrs Jason Whittaker wrote:I think, since Odyssey is a fictional town, we should designate a fictional location in a fictional state. I say Odyssey is in the state of Jefferson. Who's with me?
I was always thought it was in reosevelt. :-k
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

It's in Illinois. I mean it's so obvious.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Odyssey is Klamath Falls, Oregon. Just like Mitford is Blowing Rock, North Carolina.

I don't know exactly where it is, but you'll notice that whenever anyone flies out or in, they talk about the Chicago airport. But that just confirms what everybody knows already...Odyssey is in some unspecified mid-west state.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

It takes a day on the train to get from Chicago to Odyssey, so it can't be too close to Chicago and there's not very many places that are in the midwest, but far from Chicago.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Jugglah wrote:Odyssey is Klamath Falls, Oregon. Just like Mitford is Blowing Rock, North Carolina.

I don't know exactly where it is, but you'll notice that whenever anyone flies out or in, they talk about the Chicago airport. But that just confirms what everybody knows already...Odyssey is in some unspecified mid-west state.
I don't see how it could be in Oregon since in Wish You Were Here Eugene and Bernard travel through all those states to get to California :-k
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Agent3xq wrote:
Jugglah wrote:Odyssey is Klamath Falls, Oregon. Just like Mitford is Blowing Rock, North Carolina.

I don't see how it could be in Oregon since in Wish You Were Here Eugene and Bernard travel through all those states to get to California :-k
They traveled through OREGON? OH, and they didn't stop by Milo????? Steven? Alisha? Josh????

Odyssey really can't be Klamath falls... or, as i believe Agent3xq was trying to say, they went through many states to get to Cali. and Because Cali is the state below Oregon, that can't be true...

And it's not Klamath Falls because that's a true city.. Odyssey isn't really a city out there... at least, not in much relation to the rest of the US...
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

No, I was just kidding. Odyssey is based on Klamath Falls, because that was Phil Lollar's vision of the ideal small town. I know it's not in Oregon.

Maybe it's not that close to Chicago, but Chicago might have the closest International Airport. That could be possible.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!