I am quirky because:

Why are you quirky? What makes you so? Do you embrace your quirkyness?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

I am quirky because:

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Well? What gives? What makes thee quirky, if thou art so?

My quirks include liking to line up my food. For instance, I like to line my peas up in rows deep and wide, like a little green army. My dad just noticed that when I took some of the fries he offered me, I set them up in a pattern.

I have tons more, but I'd like to hear about other people's. I LOVE BEING QUIRKY!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Me
An original

Post by Me »

One of the many is that I refuse to use the Luna theme, or the "new" start menu. I must use the classic view.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Well...I like to mush my mashed potatoes around with a fork so that they look like a checkerboard...if that's weird.

And people just say I'm weird because I have this little way of talking that makes people laugh. Ha ha.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

If I told you all my quirks you'd lock me up in Hillingdale Haven for good. #-o

Uh... I don't like germs so I'm very careful to wash my hands frequently. I have also been known to go days without showering. :anxious:
Hopes that someone finds the above funny... :bolt:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:Well...I like to mush my mashed potatoes around with a fork so that they look like a checkerboard...if that's weird.
Heh, that sounds familiar. We had mashed potatoes as part of our dinner yesterday... as soon as my brother, Jared, received his potatoes, he immediately started flattening it when his fork. In the end, his mashed potatoes turned into a huge potato pancake. :anxious:

Quirks? I don't have any... :-

I'm a clean freak when it comes to eating. When I was younger, I would wipe my mouth on a napkin after every bite (regardless of the meal).
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Never to sing the American National Anthem... :anxious:

EDIT: That should be, Never to sing any National Anthem except England's.
Last edited by Alleycat on Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I make video game quilts... >_>
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hmmm...I am quirky???? Right now I can't really think of anything I do that's unusual, but maybe to others I would be wierd.

I like to carefully eat the cake off of the icing and then eat all the frosting at the end. Is that quirky?? I'll have to think about it some more, and try to come up with something. :D
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:I make video game quilts... >_>
That just really cool!
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

if I eat soup I must have it with a chinese spoon. also to make it easyer to onload the dishwasher I put all the cutleryin seperate groups. like all the little spoons togethere in one pocket and all the Big spoons in a another pocket and so on with the big and the little knifes and forks. so when you onload the dishwasher you dont have to sort your way through and find the knifes when there all mixed with the forks and spoons. yuo can just grab all the knifes and plop em where they need to go. and so on!
Image [img]
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I constantly sing "O Tannenbaum" like an opera singer and come up with new tunes and words for it. :opera:
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I love crossword puzzles! I try the Washington Post's every day (excluding Sunday because those are waaaaay too hard) and have even authored some of my own.
Last edited by Taq on Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

I am very very quirky! People always think I'm weird when I talk online. Especially online, I should say, since it happens a lot in real life too. In fact, someone told me that twice today on IM. And once in real life today.

I have a lot of quirks but I can't think of them right now.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Of course I have quirks! When I eat froot loops, or any other colorful cereal or candy, I eat just enough so that there is an equal amount of each color left over. Then I eat one of each color, starting with my least favorite color, and ending with my favorite color. I repeat this until they're all gone.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

mellow wrote: also to make it easyer to onload the dishwasher I put all the cutleryin seperate groups. like all the little spoons togethere in one pocket and all the Big spoons in a another pocket and so on with the big and the little knifes and forks. so when you onload the dishwasher you dont have to sort your way through and find the knifes when there all mixed with the forks and spoons. yuo can just grab all the knifes and plop em where they need to go. and so on!
No way! Same here! That makes perfect logical sense to me! But my family won't do it!

My other quirks include:

-Sorting my skittles, M & Ms, and other colored candy into rows of color and eating which ever color has the most until all the colors are even. Then I eat one of each to keep it even until the end.

-When I come to my table setting when it's time to eat, I straighten the silverware, my napkin, my plate, and my glass so it's at 2:00. Then I can eat.

-I usually make my bed RIGHT before I go to sleep at night.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LovedbyGod wrote:-I usually make my bed RIGHT before I go to sleep at night.
I do, too. But that's because I rarely make my bed after waking up. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

My qirks usually involve needing a complete MATCHING set of books. When I eat peanut M&M's I eat the ends of the chocolate and then eat the peanuts.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Oooh, I forgot to add that I need my instant message windows in the exact same spots on the screen every time I chat. :D
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

I am overly symmetrical. Everything must be symmetrical!!! What is that hat doing on the far right of the desk!? AAAH!! *Grabs and flings across the room*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Oh yes, I eat M&M's like that too! They have to be even, and then I'll eat my least favorite colors first and save my favorite til last.

Another thing I like to do is make sure the egg carton is balanced. If there's an egg in the upper left, there has to be one in the lower right. I hate it when there's an uneven amount of eggs!! ](*,)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.