Favorite AIO writer?

Got one?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Favorite AIO writer?

Post by jelly »

It seems like there might have been a thread like this, but it's not in the recent past.

Who's your favorite writer for AIO? Mine would either be Nathon Hoobler or Marshal Younger... can't quite decide. (then again, since the new Official Guide came out Nathon's like my biggest hero!!)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

It's hard to choose... I swear we've done this before too... I'll say Nathan!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I think Nathan Hoobler is probably my fave. Bob Hoose has also had a few highpoints too.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

That's very hard, maybe Paul McCusker... or Nathan Hoobler. I don't know.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

Paul McCusker is the best AIO writer. :D
Jennie
insert dash here

Post by Jennie »

Nathan Hoobler!!!!!!
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Phil Lollar was a writer, right? Or did I totally make that one up? :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, Phil Lollar wrote lots of good episodes, as well doing a few voices - click here to see a good list from AIO Soda! \:D/ Lots of fan favourites can be recognized on the list of episodes that he wrote.

I would never be able to pick a favourite writer, since there are so many great writers for AIO! :D I love lots of different episodes written by a variety of writers. One person not mentioned in this thread yet is Torry Martin, who seems to be the one that we have to thank for the early Wooton days. Since I love Wooton more with every new episode, I wanted to mention a writer that may not have written a lot of episodes, but who was quite influential. \:D/
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Tough one.

My old answer probably would be: Paul McCusker first, followed by Marshall, and then Nathan. But Paul hasn't been as reliable as he used to be. Marshall stays pretty reliable with his episodes. Nathan tends to throw in a really good episode per album.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

While I was reading this I was thinking of that one episode of the official podcast that came out back in May.

"How long does it take the average AIO writer to write a script? You can use any writer but my first pick would be Marshal Younger"

Marshal: " Well Marshal Younger would be my first pick too"

Picking my favorite writer is rather difficult because most of the Adventures in Odyssey episodes are so good (with the exclusion of the Mulligan clan episodes). However one of the things that can always bring a smile to my face is "Wear your groveling vest, it will be perfect for the occassion". So I would have to say Nathan Hoobler. However don't think that I don't love the other writers as well. Marshal Younger is pretty funny too. And if your name happens to be Torry Martin, Kathy Buchanan, Phil Lollar, Paul McCusker or Dave Arnold I love you all too!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

amyinodyssey wrote:While I was reading this I was thinking of that one episode of the official podcast that came out back in May.

"How long does it take the average AIO writer to write a script? You can use any writer but my first pick would be Marshal Younger"

Picking my favorite writer is rather difficult because most of the Adventures in Odyssey episodes are so good (with the exclusion of the Mulligan clan episodes). However one of the things that can always bring a smile to my face is "Wear your groveling vest, it will be perfect for the occassion". So I would have to say Nathan Hoobler. However don't think that I don't love the other writers as well. Marshal Younger is pretty funny too. And if your name happens to be Torry Martin, Kathy Buchanan, Phil Lollar, Paul McCusker or Dave Arnold I love you all too!
Dave Arnold is a writer?!

:noway:

Bennett
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Bennett wrote:
amyinodyssey wrote:While I was reading this I was thinking of that one episode of the official podcast that came out back in May.

Bennett
he wrote Solitary Refinement.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Hee hee... I like that ep.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

JD wrote:
Bennett wrote:

Bennett
Yeah, I checked that out on aiosf too! But then I thought, "Wow! How much of a loser I'd be if I pretended that I knew that by heart!"
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Bennett wrote:
JD wrote:
Bennett wrote:

Bennett
Yeah, I checked that out on aiosf too! But then I thought, "Wow! How much of a loser I'd be if I pretended that I knew that by heart!"
:sniff: that's mean. :mope:
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

JD wrote:
Bennett wrote:
JD wrote:
Bennett wrote:

Bennett
"Sniff. Sniff. Mommy! Someone on the internet made me cry!"
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Bennett wrote:
JD wrote:
Bennett wrote:
JD wrote:
Bennett wrote:

Bennett
"Sniff. Sniff. Mommy! Someone on the internet made me cry!"
Be nice! :shame:
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Haha. I'm just joking around. Being silly.

My apologies :) :D
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

amyinodyssey wrote:
Picking my favorite writer is rather difficult because most of the Adventures in Odyssey episodes are so good (with the exclusion of the Mulligan clan episodes
What was so bad about the Mulligan episodes :anxious:, I mean they arent my favorite episodes but they weren't that bad. Well anyways, it's really hard to say who's my favorite because really they all have strong points that can make for really good episodes. I would say that the beginning episodes were best written by Phil Lollar and Paul McCusker and Paul McCusker has been pretty consistent with his writing over the many years. Also, Marshal Younger has done very well from really his beginning to the present and of course Nathan Hoobler because lately they've done some excellent stories. I am partially biased to Torry Martin because he created Wooton and I met him shortly after he wrote his last episode which I think is The Poor Rich Guy and he told me he'd put me in his next episode. Unfortunately, that never happened because he never wrote another episode :(. Anyways, those are my favorite writers, but I do want to say that Kathey Wiergana (I hope that's how you spell her last name :anxious:) has had some good episodes as well but Nathan and Marshal's episodes have just had more of a draw to me.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Paul McCusker and Marshal Younger!