ebay

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

ebay

Post by Mr.Whit »

does any else here have an addiction to buying stuff on ebay?
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

No not at all. O:)

*cough*

*mutters*

:anxious:

Let's just say it's an addiction I am forced to keep under control due to a distinct lack of funds to support it :(
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have never used it once. My brother uses it though.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Christina wrote:No not at all. O:)

*cough*

*mutters*

Let's just say it's an addiction I am forced to keep under control due to a distinct lack of funds to support it :(
Yeah thats a problemthat I find myslef with sometimes and also seeing stuff that you sort of nedd but dont haveto have and then bettin g and betting till you bid higher that you want and then you get it. :boohoo:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I use it periodically, but I've found Amazon to be more reliable and most of the time just as good of a price, if not cheaper... plus you are directly buying it and not getting into a bidding war. Though I still use Ebay once in a while because everyone now and then something will be cheaper on there. Look for mispellings of what you want and you'll be the only person bringing it up and bidding on it. ;)
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I've bought ~3 things from ebay: a couple textbooks and a pair of Super Nintendo controllers. I was fleeced by the seller of the latter because they were not true SNES controllers. :x They were an "off-brand." I wouldn't have been upset had they worked for more than a week. :x
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I've been buying faithfully on eBay for almost 10 years now, selling for about 6, and then I became a registered eBay instructor and I used to teach eBay classes till last year when I had my daughter. Now I am in the process of opening my own eBay store next month! \:D/

So um...yeah. I love ebay!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

The Top Crusader wrote:I use it periodically, but I've found Amazon to be more reliable and most of the time just as good of a price, if not cheaper... plus you are directly buying it and not getting into a bidding war. Though I still use Ebay once in a while because everyone now and then something will be cheaper on there. Look for mispellings of what you want and you'll be the only person bringing it up and bidding on it. ;)
Thanks for the tip. \:D/ I've been trying to find a graphing calculator and I found a very good one that was a misspelling. Hopefully I get it, it's really cheap too. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

Jessicado wrote:I've been buying faithfully on eBay for almost 10 years now, selling for about 6, and then I became a registered eBay instructor and I used to teach eBay classes till last year when I had my daughter. Now I am in the process of opening my own eBay store next month! \:D/

So um...yeah. I love ebay!
How do you open an ebay shop
optimisticpessimist
Lurker

Post by optimisticpessimist »

Mr.Whit wrote:
Christina wrote:No not at all. O:)

*cough*

*mutters*

Yeah thats a problemthat I find myslef with sometimes and also seeing stuff that you sort of nedd but dont haveto have and then bettin g and betting till you bid higher that you want and then you get it. :boohoo:
Aahh! there is people just like me in this world.. :D :bounce:
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I do like buying stuff off it. Infact, I just bought Myst V End of Ages Special Europiean Edition! I just got it today!

-Robo
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

The Ghost of Robo wrote:I do like buying stuff off it. Infact, I just bought Myst V End of Ages Special Europiean Edition! I just got it today!

-Robo
and that is?
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I only have to buy/sell 2 more items, then I get the next-highest colored star. Just the fact that I'm excited about that weirds me out a little, lol.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Mr.Whit wrote:
The Ghost of Robo wrote:I do like buying stuff off it. Infact, I just bought Myst V End of Ages Special Europiean Edition! I just got it today!

-Robo
and that is?
Ummm... IT'S JUST LIKE ONE OF THE GAMES FROM ONE OF THE COOLEST SERIES, LIKE EVA!!!

-Robo
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I sell stuff on occasion on ebay and will buy stuf on it.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

A friend of mine and I are starting a business on eBay for a class project. I'm not terribly addicted to it, but it is really fun to list stuff :)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I buy old SNES games and stuff off of ebay...and sometimes instruments.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

ek wrote:I buy old SNES games and stuff off of ebay...and sometimes instruments.
SNES rocks!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Most definitely...
I just recently started playing link to the past on SNES again. :D
Storm
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Storm »

The Top Crusader wrote:
I use it periodically, but I've found Amazon to be more reliable and most of the time just as good of a price, if not cheaper... plus you are directly buying it and not getting into a bidding war. Though I still use Ebay once in a while because everyone now and then something will be cheaper on there. Look for mispellings of what you want and you'll be the only person bringing it up and bidding on it.
I agree with you about amazon, I do most of my online shopping there. Thanks for the advice about ebay though, I might shop on there more often now.