Arthur Dent in "Box of Miracles"

I just LOVE IT!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Arthur Dent in "Box of Miracles"

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

I just loved that "flippant" attitude he had. "Operation Thinktank will enslave us all. Would you like a muffin?" :lol: And then the way he suddenly screamed "NO!" and threw a lamp or something was creepy.

Admit it . . . you just loved that scene.
Everything written in this post is false.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

yes... I did love that scene. :D
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Yep, I gotta admit, I do like that scene! \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I love that scene! It is comic relief and chaos mixed together. I quote that scene from time to time.
In fact, I quote a lot of scenes from the Novacom arc.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

And Whit going 'uh, what?' when he asked him if he wanted a muffin! Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed the similarities between Dent and Maxwell?
Britt-Votin' went off real smooth. Not but one shootin', and that turned out to be just a flesh wound.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

That scene was missing Jared and Rodney haha
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

When I first listened to the episode back when it originally aired, I was a little creeped out by Dent's sudden outburst.
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

I was like 'OK, this dude is legitimately nuts.'
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Rachel Maxwell wrote: Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed the similarities between Dent and Maxwell?
Ha? Now I am laughing. By which means do you mean? Maxwell is not crazy(even if he admits it, and so do I!)
Rachel Maxwell wrote:I was like 'OK, this dude is legitimately nuts.'
I'm laughing again!(In a nice way.)
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

O, I don't mind people laughing. What am i here for but to make people laugh! \:D/ I meant that, you know, Dent and Maxwell were both minions, and both of them turned good, and neither of them wanted to hurt anybody, and both of them ended up in a hospital. (Of different kinds), although I have flimsy proof that Maxwell recovered and ran a flower shop until Whit got back into town. The main difference of course is that Maxwell is younger and cuter.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Rachel Maxwell wrote:O, I don't mind people laughing. What am i here for but to make people laugh! \:D/ I meant that, you know, Dent and Maxwell were both minions, and both of them turned good, and neither of them wanted to hurt anybody, and both of them ended up in a hospital. (Of different kinds), although I have flimsy proof that Maxwell recovered and ran a flower shop until Whit got back into town. The main difference of course is that Maxwell is younger and cuter.
Heck, yeah! I doubt the idea that Maxwell even stayed in town. We would have heard from him at some point. And I Slap Floor doesn't count! He left town, I know it, and we're never going to here from him again. Which makes me mad and sad, but I have my dreams at what happened.(and mostly they center around Rachel.)
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

Really? Me too, she was around Donna's age i think. Remember in 'For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll' Jack said Maxwell's flower shop was for sale? OK, maybe his dad (or Rachel) ran it. I also have an idea that he once again turned to evil ways, and accidentally had a car crash, running into Lucy (his beloved), which brought him to Christianity. Oh, and Lucy lvied.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Rachel Maxwell wrote:I was like 'OK, this dude is legitimately nuts.'
well yes he is,but that makes him cool.
What ever happend to him,is he STILL in jail? or is he in a place where insane people go???????
and if he is,why isn't whit visiting him????????????????
Whit would be cooler if he was insane.............................
I mean picture it........

Trent walks up to counter "Mr whittcker,could I have a ice cream?"
Whit turns around wide eyed,and smiled. "Sure!!!" He walks over and grabbs a thing of ice cream and oppens it.takes a thing of hot choclate and puts the whole bottle on it(The Ice Cream is still inside the container) then he takes some of all the toppings and throws them on,laughing and singing happily the whole time.Then he puts it in the oven and melts it so its a pool of ice cream,Then outs cheese on it and gives it to Trent.Yet,Trent is gone,he has gone to fine Connie,Whits lost it.
Whit shruggs and picks up the stuff and chuggs it.
Then Mandy Walks up,
"Could I have a soda?"
Whit Smiles "YAHHHH!!"
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
suzanne291
I've been here a bit

Post by suzanne291 »

Arthur Dent has always creeped me out. It's a combination of his accent and that weird quality in his voice that sounds... I don't know, strange. It's kind of hard to explain. ](*,)
But that scene was perfect for his character. plus everyone thought he was totally insane.

I SAVED THE WORLD!!!
I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride, I flew too high
and like Icarus I collide
with the world I tried so hard to leave behind
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

suzanne291 wrote:Arthur Dent has always creeped me out. It's a combination of his accent and that weird quality in his voice that sounds... I don't know, strange. It's kind of hard to explain. ](*,)
But that scene was perfect for his character. plus everyone thought he was totally insane.

I SAVED THE WORLD!!!

His voice in English,
HE DID save the world, see, if he didn't blow up the tower then Whit woudn't have known about the secret tower and Thw world would have gone unsaved.
so yes..
"HE SAVED THE WORLD"!!!!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I love Arthur Dent, he ROCKS!! I think his creepy voice is just perfect for that scene... :D
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Why is his voice creepy?
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Didn't someone say his voice was creepy? ...

...no? Ok, never mind!

He doesn't have a creepy voice, I just thought someone said he did.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Yah, Someone did,
His voice is not creepy, The Chairmans voice is cool, But it scares me. HE sounds very evil...
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Mr. Chairman...

Anyway, when I first heard Dent's outburst of NOOOOO!!!!!!, I was startled. Would you like a muffin was rather funny.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?