what will happen in the future of AIO

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
whitetigerswt
Tallying up

what will happen in the future of AIO

Post by whitetigerswt »

this is the topic about where we disscuss what will happen in the future of AIO ok so what do you think will happen in the future of aio

Isaiah 30:21
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

AIO will air this Saturday. I bet you didn't know that! :) Haha... just kidding. Actually, I'm thinking that AIO's new format has really focused on a lot of action-adventure shows and will probably stay that way.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

I think that Adventures in Odyssey will let the characters of Tom Riley and Bart Rathbone fade away (although I really hope that this doesn't happen).
Everything written in this post is false.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I think that we need a very heart-stirring episode involving Tom Riley's sudden death of a heart attack or something. Then we could put some closure on the whole thing. As for Bart, it wouldn't matter TOO much if he just faded away into the past. They've done that with a lot of characters and it seems to work.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

JacobIsom wrote:I think that we need a very heart-stirring episode involving Tom Riley's sudden death of a heart attack or something. Then we could put some closure on the whole thing. As for Bart, it wouldn't matter TOO much if he just faded away into the past. They've done that with a lot of characters and it seems to work.
That would be my choice.

However, Bart never gets converted :(...Makes me angry.

We could have it that Bart murders Tom...and then Bart flees from the scene but dies in a car accident.
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

Given that Whit and Tom are the two original characters, it seems as if it would be difficult to discontinue Tom. Of course, Whit is the major character and they had to bring him back after Hal Smith passed away. Tom doesn't carry the show the way Whit does.

It will be interesting to see what they will do.

I think Bart will be missed because he was so funny. But who else is going to be able to do that voice?
whitetigerswt
Tallying up

Post by whitetigerswt »

i dont think odyssey will get that voilante i think tom and/or bart will move and not come back i dont think they will die they dont go that voilante

Isaiah 30:21
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I dunno... we've seen a lot of violence in the Odyssey timeline in the past few years...

Murders... gunpoint... viruses... etc.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

WatchaCall wrote:I think Bart will be missed because he was so funny. But who else is going to be able to do that voice?
I know that this might be crazy, but on the recent 17th offical AIO podcast, they talked to Jess Harnell, an AIO actor that we already know can do a lot of voices, and he was talking about some of the different voices he's done and demonstrated a few, and he said that he does voice matching when a show needs something re-recorded but the original voice is not available. The wild idea crossed my mind that perhaps he would be able to use his voice matching talents to perform as either Tom or Bart for at least long enough for them to be given a suitable farewell. Maybe kind of like the Hal Smith clips that were used to give Whit a trip to the Middle East, but with voice matching instead of old clips.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I'm sure Steve Bridges could do it. He's done a few voices for Odyssey before. He's probably extremely busy though.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

The "copy-clips-from-past-shows" thing could work well. I can recall a few clips that could work. I was thinking of a bus-crash scenario. (Particularly with clips like, "Oh, dear Lord!" from Tom, and, "So, where ya going?" from Bart.)
Everything written in this post is false.
Mrs. Maxwell
Not as new

Post by Mrs. Maxwell »

Bennett wrote:
JacobIsom wrote:I think that we need a very heart-stirring episode involving Tom Riley's sudden death of a heart attack or something. Then we could put some closure on the whole thing. As for Bart, it wouldn't matter TOO much if he just faded away into the past. They've done that with a lot of characters and it seems to work.
That would be my choice.

However, Bart never gets converted :(...Makes me angry.

We could have it that Bart murders Tom...and then Bart flees from the scene but dies in a car accident.
Oh my word... that would be a shocker!! :anxious: But I just can't imagine something that sinister from a mostly comedic character on Odyssey... I really don't think it would work...

In the future for right now, I do kind of hope they actually kill Tom off instead of having him disappear. It would be sad and yet satisfy the fans. And leave a perfect cue for a big Richard Maxwell episode as he comes back to puzzle over the death of his old friend Tom.... (After Darkness Before Dawn) That would create some really interesting new storylines...

Well, looking at previous seasons, I think we'll have another large crisis of some sort, probably involving Eugenes Dad and others and culminating in Grady's conversion. He's now the non converted character who's hanging around on the edges of the show with the Christian characters. Like Connie and Eugene and Aubrey, it's probably inevitable that he comes to Christ, with all these great Christians he hangs with.
I'm probably...still a coward... but I wanted to something right in my life... will you forgive me?
-Richard Maxwell
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

In the future for right now, I do kind of hope they actually kill Tom off instead of having him disappear. It would be sad and yet satisfy the fans. And leave a perfect cue for a big Richard Maxwell episode as he comes back to puzzle over the death of his old friend Tom.... (After Darkness Before Dawn) That would create some really interesting new storylines...
Yes! That would be absolutely cool! Everyone is at Tom's funeral, K? And there's the creepy funeral music in the background, and everyone's talking softly, then-the door creaks. And in walks Richard.
Mrs. Maxwell
Not as new

Post by Mrs. Maxwell »

Rachel Maxwell wrote:
Yes! That would be absolutely cool! Everyone is at Tom's funeral, K? And there's the creepy funeral music in the background, and everyone's talking softly, then-the door creaks. And in walks Richard.
"Chills just ran up my Spine Whit!" -Tom Riley (The Homecoming)

That would be totally awesome. I'm getting chills just thinking of it!

I mean, Nathan Carlson IS working with them. It's not out of the realm of possiblities!

Can you say: Letter writing campaign? :D (Actually, I wouldn't be adverse to starting one... How about it? :-k )
I'm probably...still a coward... but I wanted to something right in my life... will you forgive me?
-Richard Maxwell
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

[below is a possible spoiler regarding the future of AIO- if you don't want to read it....don't]

I happen to know that FotF is contemplating whether or not to continue with AIO or not. AIO is reaching it's 20th (I believe) anniversary- and they are unsure if they will have it continue. They are trying to 'tie up' a few storylines.

[below is a spoiler regarding Mandy- read it if you want...]

Sometime in an upcoming episode, Mandy is essentially written out.
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

Mrs. Maxwell wrote:[Can you say: Letter writing campaign? :D (Actually, I wouldn't be adverse to starting one... How about it? :-k )
Hey, I'm for that-I've written them about a hundred already. Let's circulate a petition or something!
Mara Jade-No. Cannot be! They must bring back Maxwell first.
Conniepaw
Smile for the camera

Post by Conniepaw »

Mara Jade - That made me cry.. :mecry: I hope they reconsider..
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Conniepaw wrote:Mara Jade - That made me cry.. :mecry: I hope they reconsider..
Me too. :(
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

They had better not stop AIO! If they do, they'll have me to contend with. I can't have DGL to be only current radio show. I'll go nuts!
Listen to us, FOTF! Don't end AIO!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Elizabeth Doyle wrote:They had better not stop AIO! If they do, they'll have me to contend with. I can't have DGL to be only current radio show. I'll go nuts!
Listen to us, FOTF! Don't end AIO!
I agree, but the final decision rests with AIO and Focus.