Free Melissa Busekros - the no debating allowed version!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Yes, I've heard of this and I'm so mad about it! :firemad: Honestly, something should be done about this atrosity! (I hope I spelled that right.)

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well, if Germany wants to outlaw homeschooling its up to them, though obviously they don't have to be so rude about it. :noway:
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

I feel so sorry for that girl :mecry: , I heard about this awhile ago from Hslda. Hope she gets out... And soon.

-Robo
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Thought you might like to see this...

http://ihrg.org/Melissa.html

:)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Okay, you apparently can't split off the first thread of a topic...but here is the original first post in this topic:
Samwise wrote:
Samwise wrote:I was recently requested by US homeschoolers to design a site called Free Melissa Busekros. The German government has been persecuting homeschoolers for not sending their children to public schools. You probably already heard about this but they have forcibly seized 15 year old Melissa Busekros by force from her family because they think she has “school-phobia.” This one-page website is a portal where you can learn how you can help free Melissa B.

Go to the site: Free Melissa Busekros
If you feel like debating, please use the thread in CCDS that can be found by clicking here. Please do not debate in this thread. Thanks. :)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Catspaw wrote:Okay, you apparently can't split off the first thread of a topic...but here is the original first post in this topic:
Samwise wrote:
Samwise wrote:I was recently requested by US homeschoolers to design a site called Free Melissa Busekros. The German government has been persecuting homeschoolers for not sending their children to public schools. You probably already heard about this but they have forcibly seized 15 year old Melissa Busekros by force from her family because they think she has “school-phobia.” This one-page website is a portal where you can learn how you can help free Melissa B.

If you feel like debating, please use the thread in CCDS that can be found by clicking here. Please do not debate in this thread. Thanks. :)
The side of Jonathan who would like to be a mod again sees a solution ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jonathan wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Okay, you apparently can't split off the first thread of a topic...but here is the original first post in this topic:
Samwise wrote:

The side of Jonathan who would like to be a mod again sees a solution ;)
To just lock the thread? But then people with non-debating comments wouldn't have a good place to put them. :(
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

No, it needed to be split--but it worked out so my idea can go unspoken :)
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Thanks a lot Catspaw. :-)

The Homeschool Legal Defense Association has updates on the situation of home educators in Germany.

http://www.hslda.org/hs/international/G ... efault.asp
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

don't know how diferent is but here is a nether thing about it...
http://www.freemelissab.com/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

fatlooy wrote:don't know how diferent is but here is a nether thing about it...
That's the same website Samwise posted actually.
fatlooy
Sing in the sunshine

Post by fatlooy »

Jonathan wrote:
fatlooy wrote:don't know how diferent is but here is a nether thing about it...
That's the same website Samwise posted actually.
Hahaha i new that!!