Prince Caspian News and other Narnia news!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Prince Caspian News and other Narnia news!

Post by Kairi »

From NarniaWeb.com:

Veggie Tales:
NarniaWeb wrote: VeggieTales Takes on Narnia
Posted by Dr.Elwin Ransom on Mar 30, 2007 2:50 PM
The makers of the children’s series VeggieTales, after receiving rave reviews for their uniquely Christian DVD adaptation Lord of the Beans, a clever and name-rhyming spoof of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, are next taking on another secular fantasy franchise.

"The Narnia stories have always been favorites of our staff," said an unnamed animator with Big Idea Productions, located near Nashville. "So as soon as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe hit theaters near Christmas, we knew people would love a hilarious parody with a much-clearer redeeming moral value for children of all ages."

Original story development had actually taken place in May 2004, other animators said. Producers had quickly assembled cleverly rhyming names for the characters and an extremely smooth plotline almost completely paralleling the original. That brainstorming session lasted approximately nine minutes.

"We didn’t get too far into pre-production at the time," a spokesperson explained, "because we already had other parodies pending, with spoofs of Indiana Jones, Rocky, The Lone Ranger, Batman, Spider-Man, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Wallace and Gromit, The Matrix, The Bourne Identity and Saw III."

However, as more overtly Christian stories continue being made into mainstream films, producers later said, they are considering more versions of those, with much-clearer moral values for children.

Given the constant-spoof strategy’s future success, Big Idea producers are considering adaptations of the film Amazing Grace (Maize-ing Grace: A Lesson in Perseverance) as well as the movie version of Francine Rivers’ The Last Sin Eater (The Last Bean Eater: A Lesson in Creativity).

"People don’t want to learn about our own characters," the animator continued. "They’d rather see the characters others have already created, and mostly the same stories, only with a Veggie re-blend."

For the forthcoming Veggie episode, a major advertising campaign, to be revealed in February 2008, will greet readers of catalogs issued by Lifeway, Family and other major Christian bookstore retailers. The story summary, revealed exclusively to NarniaWeb, will read:

Big Idea presents: The Chronicles of Cornia! Find a new world of enchantment when Juicy Quevensie and her three siblings step through a magical refrigerator in the Rare Room and find themselves in the magical land of Cornia, where appliances come to life!

But this land is one eternally frozen, ruled by the evil Blueberry Witch who reigns from her iced-vegetables castle. Aided by the wisecracking, talking Mr. and Mrs. Eggbeater, the carrots embark on a dangerous mission to meet Cornia’s Top Tomato, and prepare to defeat the evil witch with forks, knives and snowballs. Will they manage to defeat evil and thaw the magical land, or will they instead be paralyzed by fear and be shipped to the witch’s frozen vegetables factory?

(Also featuring the brand-new Silly Song, "Wardrobe Malfunction.")

Producers said the release date will probably be in July 2008.

The character Larry the Cucumber will feature prominently on the videos’ cover artwork, staring gleefully at the viewer, while Bob the Tomato will be poking out somewhere in the background, looking confused and angst-ridden because of Larry’s pending gleeful antics.

Meanwhile, the program’s redeeming moral value for children, made very clear by large friendly letters on the fronts of the DVD copies, will be: A Lesson In Fighting Your Worst Fears Come to Life.
Camp NarniaWeb:
NarniaWeb wrote: Camp NarniaWeb to open on April 1, 2008
Posted by starkat on Apr 1, 2007 12:45 AM
Narnia, that magical land created by C.S. Lewis is coming to a campground near you. The creative team behind Narnia Web and the Narnia Web Podcasts, have put their heads together and produced a concept for a unique camp setting.

Nestled in the woods in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, Camp Narnia Web offers Narnia fans a place to indulge in their passion. The camp will offer archery lessons, sword fighting seminars, treks through the forests and so much more.

The camp gates have been fashioned out of maple and walnut to give the impression of a set of wardrobe doors, similar to what was seen in the 2005 movie. Visitors will be greated by counsellors dressed as fauns, dwarfs, dryads and other Narnian characters. The opening ceremonies will be led by the four lead counsellors who represent the four ancient soverigns of Narnia.

The camp day will start off with a rousing walk through the woods, followed by arts and crafts where campers will work to create their own Narnian costumes. After lunch, the breakout sessions begin. Some campers will go to sword fighting, some to archery and some will work on their woodcraft. There will be an optional tea time in the afternoon where the eldest counsellor will serve tea dressed as Mr. Tumnus.

Finally, the camp session will end with the coronation of four new lead counsellors for the next session. Guests will depart through the wardrobe doors and return to the real world where little or no time will have passed.

Camp sessions run exclusively throughout the summer months. There will be a new session starting every Monday. For more information on Camp Narnia Web, please contact the benevolent dictator, his royal highness, Tirian, King of Narnia Web.
NarniaWeb wrote: Role of Gwendolen Cast
Posted by BERNINBUSH on Mar 30, 2007 1:14 PM
Disney Studios and Walden Media, Inc., producers of the upcoming movie Prince Caspian (2008), announced today that the role of Gwendolen, a Telmarine girl willing to join Aslan’s side, will be played by Mary Kate Olsen.

The announcement was overshadowed by a concurrent announcement from the actress’s agent, Robert Thorne, that Mary Kate’s supposed twin Ashley Olsen does not exist.

The "twins" first rose to fame in the 1987 sitcom Full House as the character of Michelle Tanner, the youngest member (age 18 months) of the title-role family. In the first season of the show, the single actress playing the role was correctly credited as Mary Kate Ashley Olsen, the full name appearing on her birth certificate.

However, by season 3, the credits had been changed to read "Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen." According to Thorne, the change was made because industry regulators and federal investigators accused the show’s producers of violating child labor laws by allowing the young actress to work too many hours per day.

Thorne admitted the actress’s parents, himself, and the show’s producers engaged in an elaborate hoax to convince regulators that Mary Kate was, in fact, a twin, and only working half as many hours as it appeared. After Full House ended in 1995, they continued the deception to avoid prosecution and to further Mary Kate’s career, believing that she would be more popular as a twin.

The myth was perpetuated by a variety of means, Thorne said, including "trick photography" in televised appearances, the cooperation of prominent personalities such as Jay Leno during interviews, and the use of an unidentified body double in public places, made to look like Mary Kate through the extensive use of makeup and prosthetics.

Thorne concluded that as the statute of limitations has now expired on the labor law violations, and the actress will reach her 21st birthday this year, Ms. Olsen herself had requested to tell the world the truth.

It remains unclear what effect, if any, the announcement will have on the production of Prince Caspian. Director Andrew Adamson issued a statement saying that the offer of the role would not be withdrawn due to the announcement.

"We’re very proud of Ms. Olsen for making a difficult public confession in a situation which she did not herself create," said Adamson. "Although she has been unwillingly thrust into a lifelong deception, she has more than proven her talents as an actress through her ability to maintain the required appearances. In fact, we are considering using her unique talents to expand her part in the Prince Caspian script. The script writers are considering giving Gwendolen an evil twin, also to be played by Ms. Olsen, who refuses to join Aslan’s army and tries to prevent Gwendolen from doing so.
I Slap Floor! or rather NarniaWeb does. >_>
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

The Veggie Tales one looks like fun! Lord of the Beans was really good!

The Camp looks fun! It would be really neat to learn how to swordfight! :duel:

Ashley Olsen doesn't exist? :-s Thats just... mind boggling. Wow.
Zeba
Still standing tall

Post by Zeba »

Hah I saw that this morning and got all excited when I saw the headline for the Prince Caspian teaser trailer... then remembered what day it was. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*takes a long, calculated look at her calendar*

I think that's all that I have to say here, while I fondly ponder the exciting info that came out exactly a year ago about Prince Caspian. ;)
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Oh, its April 1! So does Ashley Olsen really exist? :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My guess would be that the answer is "yes." ;)
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

Yes.

I must say I almost believed that VeggieTales was spoofing CON. Then, I saw that they said they were spoofing Saw III and The Last Sin-Eater. I believed no longer. :wink:

Although I do think they need to spoof Star Wars and CON. \:D/
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

So the whole thing was fake? :anxious: I guess I'm really gullible. :lol:
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

By now, it's usually a good bet to ignore anything posted on the internet news wise on April 1 :D
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I wasn't fooled. :D
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I missed it by three days. It was funny anyways, the Olsen story was hillarious! \:D/
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I didn't believe it- but I thought it was funny anyway!

"Featuring the new silly song 'Wardrobe Malfunction'"

:hilarious:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Never believe anything on the internet that appears on April 1st.
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Besides the date of publication, and the obsurdety of the new topics, the other significant hint that it's a joke is the heavily satirical writing (such as "Producers had quickly assembled cleverly rhyming names for the characters and an extremely smooth plotline almost completely paralleling the original. That brainstorming session lasted approximately nine minutes" and "People don’t want to learn about our own characters. They’d rather see the characters others have already created, and mostly the same stories, only with a Veggie re-blend.")
Pretty clever.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

It's the "Saw III" thing that I noticed before realizing that it was not true. How can VeggieTales parody any of the Saw movies and make them wholesome?

Answer: They can't.
Everything written in this post is false.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Elizabeth Doyle wrote:Yes.

I must say I almost believed that VeggieTales was spoofing CON. Then, I saw that they said they were spoofing Saw III and The Last Sin-Eater. I believed no longer. :wink:

Although I do think they need to spoof Star Wars and CON. \:D/
VeggieTales Saw III would be awesome! \:D/

"Oh yes, there will be vegetable juice..."
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

xiao wrote:VeggieTales Saw III would be awesome! \:D/

"Oh yes, there will be vegetable juice...
But, then they would have to put a disclaimer at the end of the movie saying:

"No vegetables were harmed during production"
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

:hilarious:
You guys are so funny!
:rofl:
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Wow I can't wait to see how Cornia turns out!
actinglove299 wrote:Lord of the Beans was really good!
It was O K... It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Anyway, I'd love to see Saw, Star Wars and Matrix VeggieTales spoofs! But I don't really get why they would spoof Wallace and Gromit... I had a dream once that they made their own verison of Hitch Hicker's Guide to the Galaxy.

-Robo
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Just to check, did you happen to see the day that this was posted? :-