A Book Lover's Paradise

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

A Book Lover's Paradise

Post by Thursday Next »

I know in one of the subscription threads (the fantasy thread I think) I mentioned I went to the Worlds Biggest Bookstore. Now here is a picture of where I was. I've got to say one of the funniest things we had asked of us when we walked in there was "can I help you find anything" In the two times we've been there we haven't made it to the clearance section....which is probably a good thing because we do enough damage without go back there.

Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

TOo bad that I am not much of book perosn.... But it would be fun to take a browse... \:D/ Where is this at?

RR
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

It's in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Right across from Atrium on the Bay (for those of you familiar with the area). Which is near the Eton Center. It's really cool. Their C.S. Lewis section is as big as their Tolkien section.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Ohhh! ...and I thought the Barnes & Noble here was cool because it's a little bigger than the one back home :-
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

That picture is making me drool!!! :drool: I would LOVE to have a huge bookstore like that in my area. You would never hear from me again.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow...that looks like the kind of place I could spend hours in, not to mention tons of money! If I ever make it to Toronto, that store is officially on my "must-see" list! \:D/ I love book stores!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Wow, I would LOVE to go to that bookstore! :yes: I really love to browse in bookstores, although I really don't tend to buy a lot of books at normal prices, come to think of it. :anxious: I guess I'm just miserly.
We have a great place to get books cheaply - the Green Valley Book Fair. It's pretty big, and all the books are good prices because they were rejected or discounted for some unknown reason. You usually can't tell that anything is wrong with them though. That's where I bought my Passages books! \:D/ Yay!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Wow...you don't want to let me in there...I might never come out. :D I love bookstores!
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

i wouldn't come out...ever... :wink: lol. wow.that's AMAZING! i totally want to go to Toronto now! i'd have to save up for a while first though. :anxious:

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Booklover
Classic

Post by Booklover »

I want to go there so bad I bet they have all the Hardy Boy Books.I would buy all of them
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

=P~ I THINK I'M IN LOVE!!!
Ha ha, seriously, that place looks so awesome. If we ever go to Toronto, I'm demanding that my parents take me there.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings