Darkness before Dawn Goofs?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Darkness before Dawn Goofs?

Post by Waluigi Freak 99 »

After listening to the 11-part mini-series Darkness before Dawn a couple times, I've noticed two things which I find rather strange.

1. In "Moving Targets", Jason takes over the Israelites (a good gang) and arranges for a meeting with Billy (a member). It is reasonable to assume that they told him about Jellyfish being head of the Bones of Wrath. However, two episodes later in "The Return", Jason meets Jellyfish face-to-face and doesn't seem to be the least bit fazed by him, as if he didn't know who he was.

Of course, it is possible that the Israelites didn't tell Jason about Jellyfish, but that's not likely.

2. This goof can be proven with fact. In "Hard Losses", Richard Maxwell warns Tom about Jellyfish and explains everything he knows about him to Tom. Tom specifically says the line, "So, you're saying that Glossman hired this . . . Jellyfish character to vandalize the town just to make me look bad?" He clearly knew who Jellyfish was. But in "The Last Resort", Jason says that Lucy "met Jellyfish face-to-face". Tom asks who Jellyfish is, and Jason explains it to him (and we hear it for the second time).
Everything written in this post is false.
Elgian
Fourscore and seven

Post by Elgian »

I don't really get what you're saying on the first one, but good eye (or ear as it were) on the second one. I love that arc and have listened to it multiple times without ever catching that goof.
Jack Davis
OK

Post by Jack Davis »

you're right about those, I listen to that series alot and I've never caught those. Good job =D>
Thanks Darth Birdie for the HSE, and DanP740 for the HUGE donation.

H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Good job in pointing out the goofs! For all the times I've listened to DBD, I've never seen them. I think I might have an explanation for the first one, however. I think it's possible that Jason wasn't bothered by Jellyfish, even though he knew how dangerous Jellyfish was. Either that or he was just putting on a brave face.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Oh, yes, and then there's that goof in "The Battle". Whit says that somone broke into Applesauce on two separate occasions. However, Dr. Blackgaard and Richard Maxwell only hacked into Applesauce once. The second time they called up Whit's computer, they hacked into the Imagination Station program, not Applesauce.
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

Wow! I never noticed those before. I will have to listen for them the next time i play that album.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:Oh, yes, and then there's that goof in "The Battle". Whit says that somone broke into Applesauce on two separate occasions. However, Dr. Blackgaard and Richard Maxwell only hacked into Applesauce once. The second time they called up Whit's computer, they hacked into the Imagination Station program, not Applesauce.
But it was Applesauce that controls the IS. They actually did access Applesauce twice, and used the control module within it to attack the IS.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

No, actually, Applesauce did not control the Imagination Station. When Richard Maxwell and Dr. Blackgaard first hacked into Whit's End, Richard listed off the programs. "Let's see . . . Noah's ark, the train set, Imagination Station." Then, Dr. Blackgaard pointed to Applesauce, proving that the two programs were separate.

Also, Whit deleted Applesauce later, so, in doing so, if Applesauce controlled everything else, wouldn't he be erasing everything else? And wouldn't Connie and Eugene be accessing Applesauce by doing anything with the computers?
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:No, actually, Applesauce did not control the Imagination Station. When Richard Maxwell and Dr. Blackgaard first hacked into Whit's End, Richard listed off the programs. "Let's see . . . Noah's ark, the train set, Imagination Station." Then, Dr. Blackgaard pointed to Applesauce, proving that the two programs were separate.

Also, Whit deleted Applesauce later, so, in doing so, if Applesauce controlled everything else, wouldn't he be erasing everything else? And wouldn't Connie and Eugene be accessing Applesauce by doing anything with the computers?
But he didn't delete it because Tom useds it to stop novacpom in Exit
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Waluigi Freak 99 wrote:No, actually, Applesauce did not control the Imagination Station. When Richard Maxwell and Dr. Blackgaard first hacked into Whit's End, Richard listed off the programs. "Let's see . . . Noah's ark, the train set, Imagination Station." Then, Dr. Blackgaard pointed to Applesauce, proving that the two programs were separate.

But he didn't delete it because Tom useds it to stop novacpom in Exit
It was a code-word used for a specific, single purpose. There is no evidence that it ran any fragment of the program; I could use 'applesauce' as my password, it wouldn't make my login somehow dependent on that program (to use a very hastily-thought-up analogy)
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Waluigi Freak 99
Catspaw Rocks!

Whit did delete it, but he kept a copy on a disc. But that's beside the point, anyway.