The Academy Awards

I don't care!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

The Academy Awards

I care.
26%
I don't care.
74%

Total votes: 23

Arla
Popsicle kid

The Academy Awards

Post by Arla »

Its that time when Hollywood elitest all dress up and pat eachother on the back and I couldn't care less. I find all of Hollywood despicable. Nothing is worse than snobs hanging out with other snobby people, all the mean while saying how great they all are.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well, I don't particularly care about the awards, though I try to have a more Christlike attitude about the people in general. \:D/
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

You must care if you went to the trouble to create a topic about it.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Not all actors are snobs! I find it rather snobbish to stereotype someone without knowing them. :noway:

I enjoy the Oscars somewhat, but I liked it more when they did good performance numbers. It's not worth it for them to bother anymore; they don't usually have any good nominated original songs to work with.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

I ain't gonna watch such slanderous garbage... I be in church( Iam the pianist) plus tonight is birthday fellowship night where the Church celebrates the birthdays in February! So take that you hollyweird, creepy, democratic hippocratic actors you! :x

RR
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

So... I'm curious... am I suppose to laugh or cry at the horribly unchristian reaction some of you are giving here? :-k
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

If there was a movie you liked you'd care. Cars will win best animated picture and the people who work at Pixar are anything but snobs. Geeky yes, snobs no. I hope "Our Town" wins best original song because that's such a good song. And it wasn't created just to stick on at the end of the movie. It was a part of the story.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Who me??

If I sounded outrageously mean then I am sorry, I ment it to be silly... :-#
But if you are a christian, hollywood actor then you probely shouldn't be in Hollywood or at least you should stand out and be different like Kirk Cameron is with Way of the Master....
Yah there might be some christians in Hollywood but most of those are closet christians.... Doesn't the bible say "Be Ye Separate"?

RR
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I don't really care that much, but I think I'll watch anyway, just because I like watching shows like that sometimes. :)

Sarah
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm actually kind of watching it right now - I don't really care that much, but it's kind of cute right now because these two little kids are presenting.

Whether we agree with something or not, it's always nice to not judge it as either right or wrong, especially if it's something that we don't know everything about. :) I'm not saying that the Academy Awards are so fabulous, but that doesn't make it evil, either.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I've got to admit I was absolutely horrified Happy Feet won. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the fact that it was a PC movie rather than a cute nostalgic feeling movie that Cars was, but hey Pixar should have won.
jim
Processing

Post by jim »

I can't believe Happy Feet won as well. Nowhere near as good as Cars, storywise, animation wise, etc.

It was just yet another example of "message" winning out over "quality".

I about puked when Gore received his love-fest.
Free Comic emailed weekly!
http://www.gumballgang.com
Live DrawingCam! http://www.kidstimestudio.com/drawingcam
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Darcie wrote:Not all actors are snobs! I find it rather snobbish to stereotype someone without knowing them. :noway: .
It's Hollywood! For crying out loud! Perhaps there is know better example of a institution that bashes Christians and morals.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Konservative Kid wrote:
Darcie wrote:Not all actors are snobs! I find it rather snobbish to stereotype someone without knowing them. :noway: .
It's Hollywood! For crying out loud! Perhaps there is know better example of a institution that bashes Christians and morals.
A little grace can go a long way. :) Yes, there's bad stuff that comes out of Hollywood, but that doesn't mean that all the people connected to it are supposed to be the targets of our wrath. By bashing people that we think are bashing us, what have we truly accomplished?

Also, Darcie is married to an actor, so I think that she would have a better idea than most of us as to whether or not all actors are snobs. ;)
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Yeah, it's really going to help hollywood if we all just run for the hills away from those vile sinners. You know, I don't quite think Jesus followed that concept when He hung out with the sinners and ladies with a dozen different men... An actor\actress can be different, yet, doesn't have to be a "preacher" like Kirk Cameron.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Konservative Kid wrote:
It's Hollywood! For crying out loud! Distinguish between the institution and the people!

Yes, I'll be the first to admit there's a lot of garbage in hollywood. But there's also a lot of good, and there are good people there.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

When some Christians only see actors and Hollywood in a negative way, how do you think the objects of that hate respond to Christianity? It is a two way street here, but sometimes that's hard to see when you are only looking one way. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I happen to care a lot about the Oscars.

What do you mean snobby people? They invite everyone who has contributed significantly to the movie industry this year. What's wrong with awarding and appreciating those who did an exceptional job and performance?
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I didn't watch it..I was on the computer! :D
Love is stronger than death.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I watched part of it. Does anyone know who won best actor, actress and best picture? :-k Just curious.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings