Which AIO ep scares you?

Or at least the first time you listen to it.

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Which AIO ep scares you?

Post by Abigail »

Here are the ones that scared me the first time I listened to them
The case of the Secret Room part 1& 2
The Moral Coil
The Stranger Parts 1,2 and 3 ( I think, you know its the one with that crazy guy and his greedy uncle and his dad who was mishapen because of a fire and his mother died in the fire)

-Sweet Alaska
Last edited by Abigail on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

When I first heard The Case of the Secret Room I got really scared, the Mortal Coil didn't really scare me at all, but The Mysterious Stranger was kinda scary at the one part when Lucy and Whit go into that abandoned house and they hear that strange voice :-$
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

The Mysterious Stranger was pretty scary, but not that bad.
Castles and Caldrons was scary.
The Mortal Coil, uh, not very bad.
I haven't heard the Case of the Secret Room. ](*,)
ANNON was kinda scary, especially in the Blackgaard/Mustafa scene at the end of part 2.

That's about it.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Now Catsles and Cauldrons only scared me when I played it in the dark!
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

When I was 7 or 8, listening to The Nemesis used to scare me a lot, as well as listening to Applesauce. And many of the Novacom episodes scared me (like The Black Veil).
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

H Tide wrote:When I was 7 or 8, listening to The Nemesis used to scare me a lot, as well as listening to Applesauce.
I am pretty scary. :noway:

I think "The Case of the Secret Room" scared me the most when I was little. And when I was really young, the Goat Man scared me in "Connie Goes to Camp." And "The Mysterious Stranger" frightened me the first time I heard it.

There were probably others, but that's all I can think of now. (After all, many things scared me when I was young.) \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I found the episode about Applesause to be quite frightening. Though Applesause himself is fine.
*returns*
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Castles and Cauldrons scared me half to death! The first time I listened to the episode where Justine died, it scared me.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Something to add: though I wasn't really scared, a more recent episode that got me going was "Plan B, part II." During the second half (from the time the car chase started until the end of the episode), I actually got up out of my chair and started pacing in front of the radio just to get my energy out. :-
Katherine Doyle wrote:Though Applesause himself is fine.
hehe....I saw that before the edit. ;) \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Darth Birdie wrote:Now Catsles and Cauldrons only scared me when I played it in the dark!
that one used to scare me too it probably would if i listened to it in the dark.. dont know.
Lea
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

The one 'Nothing to Fear' (I think) where the girl has a dream about the mouse...(either me or my sister--that was a long time ago I first heard that one!)
Case of the Secret Room
Castles and Cauldrons
Mysterious Stranger
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Yay i hate nothing to fear
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Ahh, Castles and Cauldrons actually didn't scare me....but, I did hear that when I was a bit older.

The Tresure of Le Monde scared me! It was the guys creepy voice, oh- and it probably didn't help that it was midnight on a stormy night.... :-

Case of the Secret Room used to scare me as well...I think all of the scary voices in episodes scared me! :-$

The Mysterious Stranger frightened me as well, the very first time I heard it.

I have to admit that the Goat Man sort of made me laugh though..... :-k

I think that's about it...lol, I'll probably think of more later.... :shock:
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

No Way Out/No Way In kinda scared me because I was in the basement alone at night when I first listened to it. :(
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

The Mysterious Stranger really scared me when I first heard it. I was 6 years old, in an empty room (the people who lived in the house were moving) there was just the radio and hard wood floors. I was with my brothers and one of their friends, and it was dark. So you can't blame me for reusing to listen to it until just a year ago. I mean it was so empty in the house that when the guy starts making weird howling noises, they would eho through the house. :bolt:

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

The Artful Dodger wrote:The Mysterious Stranger really scared me when I first heard it. I was 6 years old, in an empty room (the people who lived in the house were moving) there was just the radio and hard wood floors. I was with my brothers and one of their friends, and it was dark. So you can't blame me for reusing to listen to it until just a year ago. I mean it was so empty in the house that when the guy starts making weird howling noises, they would eho through the house. :bolt:
Creepy!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I have a story! \:D/

Back at home (I'm at college now), I used to stay up really late. Our house was on the edge of this forest, and right in the dining room was a sliding glass door with no curtains, and then equally-uncovered floor-to-ceiling windows right next to them in the living room. I would not want to listen to The Mysterious Stranger at night there, especially since it I heard it for the first time within the last year and it scared me :anxious: The Case of the Secret Room also has a few scenes which I wouldn't want to listen to in the dead of night.

Nothing To Fear used to scare me, but that was a long time ago, and I think Castles and Cauldrons did too...I remember my mom used to listen to it with my sister and I when we were younger and it came on the radio.

I think that's pretty much it..
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Thinking about what episodes scared me, I have to look at episodes that I listened to as I was younger since obviously the older I got, the less scared I got at episodes.

Therefore, the scariest episodes for me as a kid were Case of the Secret Room and Nemesis/Battle since albums 2 and 5 were my first albums. I'm sure I would have added Treasure of Le Monde if I had heard it as a young kid.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

The Secret Room 1 & 2
The Mortal Coil 1 & 2
The Stranger 1, 2 & 3
No Way In/Out (The fact that my brother scared me half way into it didn't help a BIT :noway: )
Castles And Couldrons

:bolt: =; :oops:
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I recently went back through the novacom saga and at that one part where whit visits dent in the hospital and whits goes to leave and dent says "NO!!!!!!!" startled me really bad cause I wasn't expecting it :anxious: