Any pianists around here?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Any pianists around here?

Post by LizzieG »

I've played the piano since I was 7, and now that there's a piano in the lounge area in my hall, I've spent a lot of time with it. What's funny is that in high school, I rarely wanted to play piano, and now it's one of the highlights of my day. If I pick a time when no one else is using it.

Anyone else play piano? What kind of music do you enjoy playing the most?
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

nah I might one day
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

I used to but I had to quit because my teacher got pregnant!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah I took piano for a year..
...I hate marquees.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

J-man wrote:Yeah I took piano for a year..
Do you still play? I now enough to play a Minuet or whatever its called but I'm really rusty!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Every once in a while.. ;)
...I hate marquees.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I like some classical music...basically, anything that's really fast and keeps my fingers moving is a must. *goes off to search the 'net for more sheet music*
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

YES!!! I love piano. A lot. It's fun.

-Dodge

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I've been playing piano for six years, and I love it! :D I only took piano for one of those years, though. I like playing from different musicals, folk songs, right now my favorite piano book is Michael W. Smith's Freedom.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Karin Doyle wrote:I've been playing piano for six years, and I love it! :D I only took piano for one of those years, though. I like playing from different musicals, folk songs, right now my favorite piano book is Michael W. Smith's Freedom.
We have that CD and I LOVE it!

I took piano for about a year and um, I'm not too good at music stuff. My sisters on the other hand are very good. One of them played for a long time and is very good! :D

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Karin Doyle wrote:I've been playing piano for six years, and I love it! :D I only took piano for one of those years, though. I like playing from different musicals, folk songs, right now my favorite piano book is Michael W. Smith's Freedom.
I LOVE that book, pretty much the only songs I play are Carol Ann and The Giving. The Giving is so terribly sad, because every time I play it, I think of all the solders who have fought and died, and all their wives who had to let them go. It makes me cry every time.

-Dodge

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

The Artful Dodger wrote:
I LOVE that book, pretty much the only songs I play are Carol Ann and The Giving. The Giving is so terribly sad, because every time I play it, I think of all the solders who have fought and died, and all their wives who had to let them go. It makes me cry every time.

-Dodge
I love those songs, and Hibernia is also a fun one. 8-) Is that the history of The Giving?
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Yeah, it's deticated to all the solders. I got to hear him play it in concert too. It's sooooo pretty!

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Ugh.. The Piano.

I like playing it, but I HATE practicing it. It's soo boring and monotonous. I wish I didn't have to play.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle wrote:Ugh.. The Piano.

I like playing it, but I HATE practicing it. It's soo boring and monotonous. I wish I didn't have to play.
I hated practicing it too, but now that I don't have lessons anymore, I love playing what I want to now.
The Artful Dodger wrote:

-Dodge
Oooh, now I want to get that book! I have a WOW 2001 songbook, but other than that it's mostly classical...and classical can get old after awhile :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Karin Doyle wrote: I love those songs, and Hibernia is also a fun one. 8-) Is that the history of The Giving?
I can't play the piano very well at all, but if I could, I would definitely want to play Hibernia! That's my favourite song on the Freedom album! \:D/

I took piano lessons when I was younger, but that was over ten years ago, and I was never very dedicated. :anxious: I can still play an easy version of "We Three Kings" and "O Come All Ye Faithful" but that's pretty much it. :(
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

I haven't heard the Freedom album. :? I really should borrow it from the library or something.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I have played the piano for about 7 years and I like playing classical music,although practicing is sometimes so boring.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I've played piano for about 7 years.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I love piano. :D

I've been playing for about 11 and a half years now. Sticking with piano for all those years is one of the greatest things God ever allowed me to do. Again and again and again I have seen God open doors, pour out blessings, and grant amazing joy through the gift of music which He has given.

I recently posted a testimony to God's work in my life through music which you can check out here.

BTW, I'm working on Chopin's Etude in E and Rachmaninoff's transcription of the Flight of The Bumblebee right now.
Not dead yet.