The Barclays

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Donna Barclay
Lurker

The Barclays

Post by Donna Barclay »

Hey is anyone a Barclay fan? I hope they come back, anyone else agree?It was interesting that we heard recently from Jimmy and George in 'Living in the Grey'...
Donna Barclay
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

yeah i really enjoyed that two parter (living in the grey) and i really hope the barclay's come back. I really liked them. THey did describe what was going on in the family's lives, so maybe they're planning on bringing them back???
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I am quiete fond of them! Donna is my favorite by far, with Jimmy tailing for second. George is a kick as well, and Mary provides that voice of reason. :)

They brought the average family to Odyssey, and they performed the part brilliantly.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Jimmy is my favorite in the broccoli family. He is the second oldest always being bossed around by "Big Sister."

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Oh Jimmy! *sighs*
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The Barclays were great, and still are, when they show up in various episodes. Given the reasons they left, I find it highly improbable that they would come back on a regular basis.
Donna Barclay
Lurker

Post by Donna Barclay »

What were the reasons?
Donna Barclay
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I believe that one of the main ones was that they ran out of storylines for them. They had gone through allmost everything, and there was nothing left for them.
Donna Barclay
Lurker

Post by Donna Barclay »

Jimmy and Donna are growing up though, they could maybe find storylines there, and we havnt even heard from Stuart but when he was a baby.
Donna Barclay
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

It also had a lot to do with Chuck Bolte leaving since he was the voice of George.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

They were okay. I don't know, they just aren't like my family. (Not that there type of family was bad or anything!). I do enjoy listening to them though.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Frank wrote:Oh Jimmy! *sighs*
I'm almost afraid to ask, but here it goes...

Frank, have you ever had a crush on Jimmy, the boy who plays basketball with his shorts?! :shock:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Catspaw... are you exhibiting Scribbler-like tendencies? :shame: We should keep an eye on you... :lol:

I like the Barclay's a lot! :D I was very disappointed when they left but I can understand why the writers had to do that. I'm happy they wrote "Living in the Gray" so we could hear from 2 great characters once again.
Here's hoping that they return! \:D/
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I haven't listened to "Living in the Grey" yet.... I think... :( Does anybody have a link to a place where I can listen to it?

The Barclays are awesome. They're family is somewhat different from mine, it's usually my big brother bossing me around and etc... but so does my older sis. :p I want them to come back a lot though. *wonders how old Donna and Jimmy are*
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The One Hobbit wrote:I haven't listened to "Living in the Grey" yet.... I think... :( Does anybody have a link to a place where I can listen to it?
If "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow?" aired recently I imagine it's on the upcoming schedule.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

*waits impatiently* I gotta listen to that!
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I hate 'Living in the Grey'! It shows Jimmy turned bad, that's so ugly! Why did they make him move away, anyway? Whats wrong with Odyssey?
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Sputnik wrote:I hate 'Living in the Grey'! It shows Jimmy turned bad, that's so ugly! Why did they make him move away, anyway? Whats wrong with Odyssey?
If I remember correctly George got a job as pastor of a church in Pokenberry Falls.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I always enjoyed the Barclays. I hope they come back (or an AIO character can make simi-frequent trips to Pokenberry Falls to visit so we can hear from them).

They did bring the average family and "average family stuff" to Odyssey. Granted, a lot of the old kids brought "average" kid stuff, but the Barclays brought whole-family issues..........Like deciding to go w/o TV.......and the family's response to George's call to go into seminary........and George loosing his job, and the family having to pull together to make the bills.

We need them back :D Esp now that we have Stewart who would (or could be with AIO's time warp) be about the age Jimmy was when we first heard the Barclays.............though I honestly think it wouldda been better to see him in the "pre-Jimmy" years.........as in him growing up to the age of 10. That wouldda been cool.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I don't think so.....wasn't that another ep.?
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!