Announcement regarding Election 20

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Catspaw wrote:
Anna><> wrote:
darcie wrote:Catspaw, you have deserved this honour for far too long. I, for one, welcome your dictatorial regime. Please, enforce your Canadian spellings and love of hockey on us. We need it! *Celebrates with cream puffs for everyone*
Yes! Canadian spellings must be enforced!
I'm glad to hear that more people are on board with this long overdue idea. I will start enforcing Canadian spellings more stringently in the near future. \:D/
*Drives up in black limo.*
Catspaw, your carriage awaits! Ready to take you many kilometres. O:)

\:D/
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Since we're on the subject of Canada, I have some questions for our Dictator for Life:

1) Will members be required to learn the Canadian national anthem? It seems to me as though this would be appropriate, to honour the administration of the forum, and the country of their origin.

2) What is your preferred hockey league?

3) Will the Town of Odyssey begin covering said league's games more thoroughly than we have to this point?

4) If you decide to continue to lead the boards long-term, and there are no further elections, will we cover lacrosse in the summer?
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Bob wrote:Since we're on the subject of Canada, I have some questions for our Dictator for Life:

1) Will members be required to learn the Canadian national anthem? It seems to me as though this would be appropriate, to honour the administration of the forum, and the country of their origin.

2) What is your preferred hockey league?

3) Will the Town of Odyssey begin covering said league's games more thoroughly than we have to this point?

4) If you decide to continue to lead the boards long-term, and there are no further elections, will we cover lacrosse in the summer?
Why do the members not know the Canadian national anthem yet?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Adah wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Anna><> wrote:
darcie wrote:Catspaw, you have deserved this honour for far too long. I, for one, welcome your dictatorial regime. Please, enforce your Canadian spellings and love of hockey on us. We need it! *Celebrates with cream puffs for everyone*
Yes! Canadian spellings must be enforced!
I'm glad to hear that more people are on board with this long overdue idea. I will start enforcing Canadian spellings more stringently in the near future. \:D/
*Drives up in black limo.*
Catspaw, your carriage awaits! Ready to take you many kilometres. O:)
Sorry, Catspaw never rides in black limos.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Catspaw wrote:I will start enforcing Canadian spellings more stringently in the near future. \:D/
Noooooo! Hearing Canadians say "drayma" instead of "drama" is bad enough! Naw, just kidding! :D

Make way for the Queen Feline! \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I'm glad you appreciated the color! ...and as far as Canadian spelling, 'colour' just looks too odd. :noway:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Catspaw wrote:Everyone,

As many of you know, we seem to have a situation for Election 20, with none of the teams coming up with the funds necessary to place their name on the ballot. There have been a lot of questions about what this means for the ToO. The solution to what may have seemed like a problem is actually very simple. The people have spoken with their money (or the lack thereof) and given the electoral power to myself. Therefore, once Marvin and ric's term comes to an end, I will be the sole leader of the ToO. More details will be available about how this will look at a later time, but it is the clear and obvious solution. I know that things will go very smoothly, and I look forward to helping the ToO in this capacity.

If you have any questions, you may ask, but I may not have time to answer immediately, since I will be busy thinking of ways to make the ToO better and beginning to implement some ideas to improve the transition at the end of the term.

Thank you all for your support over the next four months.

Catspaw, on behalf of the admin team (i.e. myself)
Is this a joke or serious? I think that it would not be a very smart thing. Maybe lower the cost to that of last election. If this is real I do not support this in any way or matter.

A dictatorship of this kind would not reflect those of the people. Also due to the fact that Catspaw has ran the ToO no one would really vote against it. I prefer voting for people who give us those ideas and we can vote on who we like not just someone declaring a dictatorship. If this is real then maybe someone has been head admin a little to long. However, if Catspaw wants to run in the election than fine but she would have to raise $12,000. I still would not support this but if the common people have to pay to run than so should Catspaw.

Lastly if there has to be the case of Catspaw taking over it should be voted on however that need not to happen because the price of the election should be lowered.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote: Is this a joke or serious? I think that it would not be a very smart thing. Maybe lower the cost to that of last election. If this is real I do not support this in any way or matter.
Even if the cost was decreased, none of the teams would have been able to qualify. If you look at their platforms, you can see that there was very little money supporting any of them. It isn't the cost that's the factor, it's the lack of donations.
A dictatorship of this kind would not reflect those of the people. Also due to the fact that Catspaw has ran the ToO no one would really vote against it.
These statements don't seem to mesh. If no one would vote against it, doesn't that reflect what the people want?

Besides, if you look at this topic, and the rest of the forum, most people have indicated a preference for Catspaw's leadership. Furthermore, since she hasn't even had the chance to reveal what new ideas she's come up with for the improvement of the forum, I don't see how anyone can say that they don't like it -- there's no way to know yet.

I don't see what the cause for alarm is... as you've noted, Catspaw has been admin for a very long time. Because of that, we know that she has the experience to handle things appropriately. So don't be afraid. Or else.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

No, it does not mesh, I am saying that people will be pressured to vote for her because it looks bad otherwise. People are not donating because 1) the ToO may not have as many supporters who are not posting enough (getting into real life) 2). are not donating because the amount is so high and don't feel it is good to donate. As you have noted people seem to like her idea then she must come up with $12,000 because everyone else has to. If she is so loved then she will get donations. No right leader should demand others to come up with $12,000 while they can declare themselves ruler for paying $0.

I still don't really care for the idea of a dictatorship because of the power one person receives but if there is to be a dictatorship that person must raise $12,000 to enter the election. If that person can not raise $12,000 than the cost should be lowered. Also if only person runs than only one person can win. I do not believe that is fair either. I that should happen I believe that no one should have to pay in an emergency election and the people can pick who they want.

Also just because someone has $12,000 does not mean the majority wants that person. All it means is that someone or someones who are on more often have more money not that all people want that person. I personally don't want election ran by the ones who have all the money. I prefer an election were everyone can vote for who they want.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Oooooooh Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love within our hearts command!
La dee daaaaa dee da, la dee daaaaa dee da
La da dee da dee da dee da!
La dee da dee da, Ooooh Canada!
We something something something for thee!
La da dee da! Da dee da and free!
Oh Canada! We stand on guard for thee!
Oh Canada! We stand on guard for theeeeeeeeee!

\:D/

And that's what I can remember of the Canadian anthem. *sigh* I shall have to brush up on that, now that our benevolent dictator is from that glorious country.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

The Canadian National Anthem (to be sung grandly)

O Canada
Our home and native land
True patriot love in all thy sons command!

With glowing hearts we see thee rise
The True North strong and free
From far and wide
O Canada
We stand on guard for thee

God keep our land
Glorious and free
O Canada
We stand on guard for thee
O Canada
We stand on guard for thee!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hey, I knew something about hearts was in there! \:D/ Wrong line, but still got a lot of words in there! Woot!

I need hockey season to start so I can hear the anthem sung before the games....
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

CATSPAW NEEDS A LEMO! :x

Now, I need to get DSTV for hockey, and listen to the Canadian anthem. All I know is "O Canada!" :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote: I need hockey season to start so I can hear the anthem sung before the games....
Laura, deep down inside, you have the makings of a great Canadian. You are welcome at any time!

Catspaw has a lemo! \:D/ Dan keeps it in great working order for me.

Bob, keep up the good work. I have rarely been so proud of a non-Canadian.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Gaius wrote:CATSPAW NEEDS A LEMO! :x
Took long enough for someone to notice. ;)
Catspaw wrote:Catspaw has a lemo! \:D/ Dan keeps it in great working order for me.
*speeds up to the curb where Catspaw is standing surrounded by camerapeople*

I just got the improved rear seats installed for you. Heated, cooled, massaging, custom-fit, covered in hand-stitched (whatever your favorite seat material is).
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

DanP740 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Catspaw has a lemo! \:D/ Dan keeps it in great working order for me.
*speeds up to the curb where Catspaw is standing surrounded by camerapeople*

I just got the improved rear seats installed for you. Heated, cooled, massaging, custom-fit, covered in hand-stitched (whatever your favorite seat material is).
Thank you, Dan darling. The red and white Canadian flags are a nice touch, and the compass/plane logo looks fantastic! I am very pleased with your work, as always.

*zooms off*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

*snaps pictures of THE lemo* :inlove:

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*wants a ride* :(

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Jump on the back. :P

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*jumps on it like Jack did to the TARDIS*

whoo!