album 55

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:The Last Great Adventure of the Summer. And, of course, Waylaid in the Windy City was originally set there, but was changed to Chicago because of the lack of good British accents.
Ah yes, I remember now. It's been a while since I last heard The Last Great Adventure of the Summer.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Jason Whits Son wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:They were teasing a JASON HEEL TURN in 53, I don't expect it but it would be cool if they played on that... he has always had that inclination to DO WHAT MUST BE DONE no matter of the rules that have to be broken in the process. He gets in so deep that HE ends up being the villain. \:D/
Although a great plot twist, if they did that I would only be a pre-54 Jason fan. He is a Christian after all, even though he seems to get caught up with action lately it would be awful for him to turn on what he believes in. I do hope that after 55 Jason settles down somewhere and we start hearing more down to earth episodes with jason. What they could do is settle Jason somewhere, and every so often we hear from him in his town. There'd be newer characters that would be with him in his town, and kids would learn lessons from him and perhaps on occasion he'd learn from the kids. Something like this would be nice. At the very least, we should see more missions work from him. Jason used to be more than just a character that action and suspense was close behind. Now that seems like all he is....

EDIT:
Do you suppose that since Jason is in 55 and we thought he wasn't going to be because Townsend wasn't at recording or something, do you think they got a different voice for Jason? Just a thought.
I hope not :( I love Townsends voice! But I can't wait till album 55!!!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I doubt they'd recast him due to a scheduling conflict unless it was one line or something.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Jason and London has to be epic \:D/ This definitely going to be super epic!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Old friends? They will probably bring Tasha back like they did in The Whisperer. I hope not. I'm ready for him to hang out with someone else.

Here are some other possibilities. They aren't likely, but could be.

Tasha
Richard Maxwell
Edwin Blackgaard
Shakespeare
Donavon
Mitch
Agent Borland

Katrina has two brothers from whom we have never heard. I'm sure at least one of them has taken over Armitage Shanks' business. Maybe one of them lives in England. That would be neat.

Didn't they start doing the Radio Theatre again? I wouldn't be surprised if they record this while they are doing the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre recordings in England.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I still like my idea about Jason and the explanation :)

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, Samitude just reminded me that I never posted my (potentially) brilliant idea of who the old friend could be. I was listening to an old favourite the other day and thought that it would be great if they brought Chad Pearson/Nick Grant/Albert Leach from "This is Chad Pearson?" Wouldn't that be fun? \:D/ I wanted to mention the idea because I don't think his name had come up yet as a possibility. It's a longshot, but I wanted to psot my idea, just in case I end up being right. ;) I like your list too, Samitude! There are lots of fun ideas in this thread. :D
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

MITCH.

...I actually don't know what we're talking about, but the return of Mitch would fulfill my life.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Jelly wrote:MITCH.

...I actually don't know what we're talking about, but the return of Mitch would fulfill my life.
I know :( BRING BACK MITCH! :x

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
AlexMitchell
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AlexMitchell »

Marvin D. wrote:

YES YES YES YES!!!! Seriously, hasn't it been two years in Budapest yet?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AlexMitchell wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:

Thankfully it has been more than two years. Mitch will hopefully stay there until he dies. As I've said many, many times before: Connie should not date, ever.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Laurie wrote:Thankfully it has been more than two years. Mitch will hopefully stay there until he dies. As I've said many, many times before: Connie should not date, ever.
SILENCE! :x The world of Odyssey does not revolve around Connie Kendall! Mitch was one of the greatest things that ever happened to AIO, and I lost all my faith in them when they decided to destroy his character. :noway:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jelly wrote:
Laurie wrote:Thankfully it has been more than two years. Mitch will hopefully stay there until he dies. As I've said many, many times before: Connie should not date, ever.
SILENCE! :x The world of Odyssey does not revolve around Connie Kendall!
The world of Odyssey does not revolve around Connie and it does not revolve around Mitch either.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

True, but Connie can date. There's no reason for her to grow old and still serve ice cream. It wasn't fair for them to just kick Mitch out of the picture. AIO does *not* revolve around him, but if we could hear from him again, I'd be a happier man :noway:

whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

Marvin D. wrote:True, but Connie can date. There's no reason for her to grow old and still serve ice cream. It wasn't fair for them to just kick Mitch out of the picture. AIO does *not* revolve around him, but if we could hear from him again, I'd be a happier man :noway:
Took the words right out of my mouth. Time for Connie to grow up!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Marvin D. wrote:True, but Connie can date. There's no reason for her to grow old and still serve ice cream. It wasn't fair for them to just kick Mitch out of the picture. AIO does *not* revolve around him, but if we could hear from him again, I'd be a happier man :noway:
I think Mitch kicked himself out of the picture when he became obsessed with the FBI. But that is probably only me. I don't have a problem with Connie dating as long as she acts like a sane human being. Her behavior while she was dating Mitch and the probability of its return should she start dating again is what completely turns me off the Connie/dating scenario.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Why all this talk of Mitch returning? hasn't it been said enough already that Mitch won't return.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Reddo wrote:Why all this talk of Mitch returning? hasn't it been said enough already that Mitch won't return.
There is this thing called wishful thinking :noway:

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Reddo wrote:Why all this talk of Mitch returning? hasn't it been said enough already that Mitch won't return.
The wishful thinkers do have the right to do their thing. :D
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

AlexMitchell wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:

Calculating Odyssey time... since album 41, about... 9 weeks have passed in Odyssey! :lol:
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent