Act Like Odyssey Contest!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Taq wrote:Entries are popping up on youtube. Just search for "Act like Odyssey contest" or "Adventures in Odyssey Contest" on youtube and you'll see more results. I really like the Jeremy Cartwood one (2nd link DAM posted). This Aloha Oy! entry is also very well done!

Mr.Whit and others-- I look forward to seeing your videos! :)
Oh my word! I know those girls! They're good friends of my sisters. :D
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

The Aloha Oy one was very funny and well made! That's one of my favorite scenes from that episode.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:lol: The Aloha Oy one was very well done! I loved it! My brother was impressed too. I've enjoyed all the clips that I've seen - thanks to those who have posted links in this thread. :D This will be a tough competition for the AIO team to judge, based on the excellent entries we've seen through Youtube already.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

The Doris actress had a really good accent (well, a good Doris accent, although I don't think Doris has an authentic NYC accent)! And Doris is so ditzy, and this actress really captured the part well.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Oh my goodness! That Aloha Oy one was AMAZING!!! If they ever want to bring Doris back - I think they found the right gal to play her! She was perfect!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I'll have to watch that one. What scene was it from Aloha Oy?

Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

The scene in which Doris tries to haggle and get a good deal for a $2.50 coin purse; she ends up getting a 2 for $5 "deal."

Here's another entry from the Elijah episode.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

wow...I'm so impressed with that entry and so many others! the judges will have a tough time narrowing it down.

Till the end of the line.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Woah, these are awesome. \:D/

I thought about filming the scene with Bennett Charles/Mr. Whittaker's "Would you like a muffin?", but never got around to it. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

American Eagle wrote:Woah, these are awesome. \:D/

I thought about filming the scene with Bennett Charles/Mr. Whittaker's "Would you like a muffin?", but never got around to it. ;)
You mean Arthur Dent? lol

I'll have to watch when I get home tonight. Very excited for more clips to watch!!! :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Woah, these are awesome. \:D/

You mean Arthur Dent? lol
Lol, yes. ;) I had just looked up Jess Harnell and saw he played Mr. Charles, so had him stuck in my head. Thanks. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I started a new thread to discuss the official entries, but I do hope to see more entries posted! As evidenced by videos like Bob Booth's and the Aloha Oy! entry, just because your entry did not get picked for the Top 10 does not mean it is not outstanding! Please share your creativity with us. :)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've definitely enjoyed seeing the entries! One of the ones posted in this thread, the Young Guns Bonanza and Aloha, Oy! ones have been my favorites.

And, my entry (consisting of the members in my AIO Club) is finally online! :D

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtbkDkbmPwA
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Lizzie's AIO Club rocks! That was very good. In particular, the actors for Eugene and Whit were believable, and both acted well! Lizzie, great job assembling the people and splicing the vid together!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

\:D/ Great job to you and the AIO Club, LizzieG! Your video is lots of fun!

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Good job finally figuring out how to put it online! :D It's brilliant. I hope you win Liz!

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Here's another entry, from "The Black Veil."
Shennifer wrote:Good job finally figuring out how to put it online! :D It's brilliant. I hope you win Liz!
Someone's a little behind on the latest Odyssey news. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

LizzieG wrote:Here's another entry, from "The Black Veil."
Haha, the actor for Alex is very good. When he got upset at Nick, I really started believing the scene. \:D/
Last edited by American Eagle on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Shennifer wrote:Good job finally figuring out how to put it online! :D It's brilliant. I hope you win Liz!
Someone's a little behind on the latest Odyssey news. ;)
ah...well you did great anyway :)

Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

American Eagle wrote:
Haha, the actor for Alex is very good. When he got upset at Nick, I really started believing the scene. \:D/
Agreed, AE, the out of control temper was believable. "He put NUTS on my SUNDAE!"

Thanks for the link, Lizzie.