ToO Convention 2012

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

When Do You Think We Should Have The ToO Party? And Are You Going?

Yes, I am going.
19%
No, I won't be able to make it.
44%
Friday evening.
8%
Saturday night.
8%
Sunday morning.
3%
Friday or Saturday evening works for me.
11%
Any of those days works for me.
6%

Total votes: 36

Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

snubs wrote:It sounds like all your plans are coming together. =] I just wish I could be there.
It really does stink that snubs and I won't be able to make it. But it looks like you all are going to have a great time! :D
Last edited by Anemone on Tue May 08, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I vote yes on the hotel. We're making half the trip the night before so we can be there in time!

I'm OK with either pizza or hotel food (though I would prefer a meal that includes fresh fruits and vegetables). Just let me know how much and I will be prepared with enough money to hand over.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

if you want healthy maybe just bring in subway? I dunno if any of the pizza places do salad, but we can do a veggie pizza in addition to some good ones. :lol:
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Ok, Subway works for me as long as it's alright to bring it into the hotel. Or even if there's a restaurant at the hotel I can get something and we can still all chip in for some "good" food.

I was going to add a snarky smiley face, but it's been so long since I've added smileys that I've forgotten how.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'm voting yes to all of this.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

ok, well if Sargent Schultz is on board I will reserve that room :-) hoping that will work out with everyone that's coming... then we can get work to the actors and Crew, maybe some of them will stop by...

I was talking to my Fiance, and while I can't bring my entire Collection, I can probably bring a few select items for people to see and maybe a few extras for prizes for any games anyone sets up.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It looks like it'll be too expensive for me and my parents to attend this. However, they said they'd be fine with me going by myself. So, I'm asking the others who are going, where are you staying and could I possibly get a ride to the church from the motel? Please let me know :)

I don't know if I'm quite brave enough to go alone, but we'll see; that's why I'm asking where everyone else is staying and so forth.

Till the end of the line.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Hey, so, is anyone gonna be staying at that hotel (where the convention's gonna be)?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

We haven't really figured out what our plan is as far as where we're staying and stuff like that yet.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

thanks for the reminder I just e-mailed the hotel again to make sure we are good to go, and we have something in writing... otherwise I think we are all all set and I am covering the meeting room rental. I will look at local Pizza Deals a little closer, and see what we can get for cheap :-) maybe they have $5 med 1-tops (my favorite)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

sad day...wish I could come! It's a tad far though, and I doubt I'd be able to get that much time off from work, much less afford it all right now. :( Someday we should do a midwesterners/New Englanders gathering for those of us who live the the Northeastern portion of the US!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

SoccerLOTR wrote:sad day...wish I could come! It's a tad far though, and I doubt I'd be able to get that much time off from work, much less afford it all right now. :( Someday we should do a midwesterners/New Englanders gathering for those of us who live the the Northeastern portion of the US!
I don't live that far away from the Birthday Bash, but my dad has to get a job this summer. :( I'm having a sad day too.
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

count on lots of pictures! but I know it's not the same,
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm still deciding if I want to go all by myself.....probably not though. (I admit, I'm uneasy about traveling that far alone and having to figure out all the details.)
Last edited by Shennifer on Tue May 22, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

I think anyone that has been to a live show would tell you it is worth it! this will be my 4th! Each one is AMAZING!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Indeed; the last one, for the 20th anniversary was amazing :) *sigh*

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I went to the Live at the 25...what, 10 years ago? LOVED it! Someday I hope to see another live showing and maybe meeting a few of you there!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

Shennifer wrote:I'm still deciding if I want to go all by myself.....probably not though. (I admit, I'm uneasy about traveling that far alone and having to figure out all the details.)
I think the answer ought to be yes. O:)

Where are you coming from?
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Tim Peterson wrote:
Shennifer wrote:I'm still deciding if I want to go all by myself.....probably not though. (I admit, I'm uneasy about traveling that far alone and having to figure out all the details.)
It is my opinion that if you have the finances and the time to go, then you should go. I certainly would. =D>
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Tim Peterson wrote:
I think the answer ought to be yes. O:)

Where are you coming from?
Northern California; now you all know the general vicinity of where I live.

I'm undecided.