Death

and how FOTF/AIO portrays it

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

LizzieG wrote:Shortly after I first heard the Darkness Before Dawn saga, Jack's line "I was blown one way and he was blown the other," made me wonder if Blackgaard, too, had survived. It was an exciting thought, but now I'm of the firm opinion that he did, in fact, die. In "The Battle," it was pretty obvious that he didn't die: "They didn't find any trace of him in the rubble of Blackgaard's Castle, so we can only assume he got away," said Whit. Likewise, in "A Name, Not a Number," we found out that he wasn't actually dead by the end of the second part. Very different from "The Final Conflict."
But since he hasn't come back yet, we presume he is dead, but he may be just another time where he comes back.

^ Just my thoughts :D
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

LizzieG wrote:
A new "death themed" album would be great, but there are so many albums ou there already. \:D/
Whoa, I didn't even know that album existed!

Good suggestions on replacement episodes, Jennifer! I think "Recollections" would also be a good choice, as well as "Forever... Amen," "Greater Love," "Memories of Jerry," "Where's Your Daddy?", "Home Is Where the Hurt Is," "The Other Woman," and "Another Man's Shoes."
Yeah, those would have been much better.

Good Grief! They put that Chad Pearson episode over "Mortoil Coil" and "Recollections". :noway:
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

The writers/producers have said multiple times that Dr. Blackgaard is, in fact, definitely, totally dead and will never come back (as alive).

Jeremy
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Jeremy wrote:The writers/producers have said multiple times that Dr. Blackgaard is, in fact, definitely, totally dead and will never come back (as alive).

Jeremy
Then again, we all know how amazing and strange things happen in Odyssey. Who knows what they will come up with next? :headscratch:

If we can't have Blackgaard, can we at least have Richard Maxwell already?
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Robyn Jacobs wrote:
Jeremy wrote:The writers/producers have said multiple times that Dr. Blackgaard is, in fact, definitely, totally dead and will never come back (as alive).

Jeremy
Then again, we all know how amazing and strange things happen in Odyssey. Who knows what they will come up with next? :headscratch:

Maxwell coming back would be equally awesome, and we know he's not dead.
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:
Robyn Jacobs wrote:

Jeremy

But then apparently he isn't evil anymore either. So we still want him back, but maybe not as the main villain. He was a good sidekick villain!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Irwin for Lord Blackbeard wrote:
Robyn Jacobs wrote:

Jeremy

Unless they forgot to tell us something HIGHLY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

At least we ASSUME he is not dead. Cause, if you notice, we never heard about if he ever EXITED the hospital.. people can assume, but... well, I believe he is still alive.

There is NO reason why they have kept him away for so long.

Whoever works at FOTF... GO TALK TO THE WRITERS! Gracias, Amigos...

I'm good... :)
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: Whoever works at FOTF... GO TALK TO THE WRITERS!
Those writers have all the power. We love them, but Richard Maxwell please!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

If Richard Maxwell did come back, what would the fans complain about? Who would AIO fangirls dream about? It would be kind of like the Cubs winning the world series. I think the lack of Richard Maxwell is kind of special, or maybe I'm just crazy. :anxious:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

I won't call you crazy KBT. If they brought him back just once, we could complain more when he left again. If they brought him back for good, then I would complain that Mitch or Jason isn't back =P~