All Hail Our New President!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

JED wrote:Just read my economoc notes Clinton's economic polcies helped America ALOT.
Y'know, you keep saying stuff like "Go read what I wrote about [whatever]." It might help for you to provide a link to said writings, because I'm not about to wade through this site looking for them ;) And I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

JED wrote:I born in the middle of his term and I was six when he left office. I am fairly confident that I do not remember anything from his terms.
(Ahem...) Oval office + Monica Lewinsky + Cigar... (Cough... Cough...)

Clinton = Sicko :-s
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

StrongNChrist wrote:Sometimes I wish for the days back when America was a Christian nation. God is vanishing out of America. America is becoming like Israel had once been and eventually God will leave America to its own destructions.
When was America a Christian nation? When has sin not been present in this country? Do you believe America has some sort of spiritual significance?
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

rickyderocher wrote:
JED wrote:I born in the middle of his term and I was six when he left office. I am fairly confident that I do not remember anything from his terms.
Ahem... Oval office + Monica Lewinsky + Cigar... Cough Cough...

*cough* *Cough* I was.... talking....about...economics...not...his...personal...life

I will either pm you the links or start a new topic and post them Johnathan but it should be out by this evening or tommorow.I may forget so pm me.

By the way I posted my notes in this topic or the other one which is why I was referring them to you.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Jonathan wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:Sometimes I wish for the days back when America was a Christian nation. God is vanishing out of America. America is becoming like Israel had once been and eventually God will leave America to its own destructions.
When was America a Christian nation? When has sin not been present in this country? Do you believe America has some sort of spiritual significance?
America was a Christian nation founded on Christian beliefs. we are all sinners and sin was present in the country but America was still a Christian nation ran by Christian leaders founded on Christian beliefs.
Last edited by StrongNChrist on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

rickyderocher wrote:
(Ahem...) Oval office + Monica Lewinsky + Cigar... (Cough... Cough...)

Ha. It's funny to look back on that only because I was too young to understand anything more than: "Clinton did something bad and should be impeached." I know I thought that was a funny word...I had no idea exactly what he'd done, though. I was 10 when Bush became president.
Last edited by Arwen on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Jonathan wrote:Do you believe America has some sort of spiritual significance?
America has been a friend to Israel. Don't the alliances of Israel factor into prophecy?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

KODY 105 wrote:
America has been a friend to Israel. Don't the alliances of Israel factor into prophecy?
Why are we discussing prophecy? We've been friends to Israel longer than Boquet has been alive. I don't think we should launch into a decades old debate.

(no offense meatn to Boquet of course... :^o Just kidding!)
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Arwen wrote:Ha. It's funny to look back on that only because I was too young to understand anything more than: "Clinton did something bad and should be impeached." I know I thought that was a funny word...I had no idea exactly what he'd done, though. I was 10 when Bush became president.
I remember the exact same thing. I was constantly pestering my parents about the silly word :D

I was only 9, though.
Jonathan wrote:
America was founded on Christian principles. But "Christian Nation"??? I believe that the only "Christian" Nation is New Jerusalem aka Heaven.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

JED wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:
Why are we discussing prophecy?
Because that's where the discussion led ;)
We've been friends to Israel longer than Boquet has been alive. I don't think we should launch into a decades old debate.
I don't think this is a "decades old debate", as the merits and non-merits of supporting Israel have been debated continously since Israel became a nation in 1948. It's not like the debate ended decades ago and we're just bringing it up again.

And to answer KODY's question, that depends on how you interpret the prophetic sections of the Bible.

edit--
Hannahjiejie wrote:America was founded on Christian principles. But "Christian Nation"??? I believe that the only "Christian" Nation is New Jerusalem aka Heaven.
Well put.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I know I, as well as others, would rather have seen McCain win the presidency, but...

First, we have an african-american president! How cool is that? I don't agree with him on the issues, but what a historic day for humanity. The most powerful man in the world is a minority. We've come a long way since the civil rights movement.

Second, as Barack Obama said in his speech last night, he's our president too and he deserves our respect.

Finally, you had to expect him to win. If McCain would have won this election, it would have been a miracle, so don't act like your surprised.

Also, every election day, I get the same ushy-gushy-proud-to-be-an-American-fourth-of-July feeling that I get on the opening ceromonies. No matter who's president, this is still the greatest country in the world!

On a sadder note, prop 8 was not passed in CA last night and gays continue to marry just as if they were straight. We, as christians, need to pray. Pray for the homosexuals of CA. Pray for Barack Obama and Joe Biden and their families. Pray for John McCain and Sarah Palin and their families. Pray for all the newly elected and re-elected officials and for this country. God Bless the U.S.A.!!!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I know I, as well as others, would rather have seen McCain win the presidency, but...

First, we have an african-american president! How cool is that? I don't agree with him on the issues, but what a historic day for humanity. The most powerful man in the world is a minority. We've come a long way since the civil rights movement.

Second, as Barack Obama said in his speech last night, he's our president too and he deserves our respect.

Finally, you had to expect him to win. If McCain would have won this election, it would have been a miracle, so don't act like your surprised.

Also, every election day, I get the same ushy-gushy-proud-to-be-an-American-fourth-of-July feeling that I get on the opening ceromonies. No matter who's president, this is still the greatest country in the world!

On a sadder note, prop 8 was not passed in CA last night and gays continue to marry just as if they were straight. We, as christians, need to pray. Pray for the homosexuals of CA. Pray for Barack Obama and Joe Biden and their families. Pray for John McCain and Sarah Palin and their families. Pray for all the newly elected and re-elected officials and for this country. God Bless the U.S.A.!!!
Really good point KBT I liked how you summed that up.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Um, no, Prop 8 did pass. Gay's can't marry any longer in Cali. I listen to NPR... pretty darn sure that Prop 8 passed. All them that are married... well, their marriages are pretty much in discussion. They may not be allowed to be married much longer.

Just so you know..

EDIT:

It is kinda odd why Cali did that... they just went Democratic, voting in a president that is for gay rights, and well... they just passed Prop 8, banning gay marriage... anyone see this as... odd in some way?
Last edited by Danielle Abigail Maxwell on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Um, no, Prop 8 did pass. Gay's can't marry any longer in Cali. I listen to NPR... pretty darn sure that Prop 8 passed. All them that are married... well, their marriages are pretty much in discussion. They may not be allowed to be married much longer.

Just so you know..
Woah, very scary. I just google it and it said it didn't pass. I swear it did, it must have been some stupid fake site that messes with people or something. Anyway, I googled it again carefully and you're right! Well, I guess God answered that prayer quickly. Isn't he amazing? I still feel stupid, but that's good news.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

King Butter Turtle wrote:On a sadder note, prop 8 was not passed in CA last night and gays continue to marry just as if they were straight. We, as christians, need to pray. Pray for the homosexuals of CA. Pray for Barack Obama and Joe Biden and their families. Pray for John McCain and Sarah Palin and their families. Pray for all the newly elected and re-elected officials and for this country. God Bless the U.S.A.!!!
I thought I just read an article saying it passed... Wow, I can't read right. :anxious:
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

I don't know... you dont' want to know my ideas on the subject. Cali just kinda messed with it's own self... vote in a gay rights president.. ban gay marriage.. ha?
Admiral wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:On a sadder note, prop 8 was not passed in CA last night and gays continue to marry just as if they were straight. We, as christians, need to pray. Pray for the homosexuals of CA. Pray for Barack Obama and Joe Biden and their families. Pray for John McCain and Sarah Palin and their families. Pray for all the newly elected and re-elected officials and for this country. God Bless the U.S.A.!!!
I thought I just read an article saying it passed... Wow, I can't read right. :anxious:
Admiral, it did pass. I'm pretty sure.
Last edited by Danielle Abigail Maxwell on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rickyderocher

Post by rickyderocher »

Obama says that there is 57 States in the US:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvLI6We ... re=related

God help us.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Okay... 50 states, 7 provinces of Canada he visited... that was HOW long ago? So what? They call Denmark a state. Oh, look, IT'S A COUNTRY TOO.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

rickyderocher wrote:Obama says that there is 57 States in the US:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvLI6We ... re=related

God help us.
Well believe it or not alot of people can make mistakes on speeches. McCain did Palin did, Bush DEFINATLY did. He knows there are fifty states he just slipped up. It happens.
rickyderocher

Post by rickyderocher »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Okay... 50 states, 7 provinces of Canada he visited... that was HOW long ago? So what? They call Denmark a state. Oh, look, IT'S A COUNTRY TOO.
He said "57 STATES" not "50 states and 7 provinces.".