What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Polehaus53
29K to go!
Post by Polehaus53 »

I have not had time to do much reading lately, but I am trying to make time for it. I am currently reading Between Heaven and Mirth, by James Martin.
"our language contains many words having a double meaning; and...to pronounce a joke that allows both meanings of a certain word, proves the joker a person of culture and refinement, who has, moreover, a thorough command of the language."
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Unvanquished, very interesting book. Up next is The Roads We Follow by Nicole Deese.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun May 12, 2024 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Polehaus53 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:00 pm I have not had time to do much reading lately, but I am trying to make time for it. I am currently reading Between Heaven and Mirth, by James Martin.
What a great book title! Sounds interesting.

I'm reading "Style for Everybody" by Kim Appelt. It isn't the kind of book I would usually read, but I heard her do a long radio interview and it made me curious about the book. I want to prioritize having only things that I like, that fit, and that look good on me in my closet, so if I actually make an effort to apply the book's wisdom, I think I'll be closer at least. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished All The Roads We Follow, very good. Up next for me is Double the Lies by Patricia Raybon, it is the second Annalee Spain mystery.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm starting "Moon Over Tokyo" by Siri Mitchell. I've really been enjoying re-reading through her older books and this is one of my favourites. I kept thinking about it as I was reading "Kissing Adrien," so I knew this had to be my next read.