Welcome/Goodbye

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Wow, I'll be praying for you! :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

Hey guys I'm back from a most wonderful trip to San Antonio.
I was able to attended the San Antonio Christian Independent Film Festival were I saw the MOST incredible films in the world! Such as FireProof, The Widow's Might, Pendragon Sword of His Father, and The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.

Pendragon
was my favorite film I watched. Its set in 411 when the Saxons attack Great Brittan. It full of action and adventure, it has a lot of fighting to. Its main point is passing on the Vision. It all starts out when his father, Pendragon, dies when the Saxons attack. He is then in slaved and after causing much trouble barely escapes death. He is then rescued by a monk and taken to a mighty village were he becomes a solider. After many hard times, being blamed for the death of the king and almost being hanged he he still willing to help his country from the Saxons. At last he is placed with the choice of helping to save his village or the woman he loves. It is a stupendous movie made by a Family. Usually something like this would coast MILLIONS in Hollywood they made this for 80,000. Its does really well. Even more amazing is how it all started out in there families living room 4 years ago. The one who really did it in there family started at age 16 and now at age 20 has one of the most amazing movies I've seen in my entire life.

The Widow's Might
is also amazing done for a lot more, 500,000, it turn out to be a great movie! The guy wrote, directed and started in it is only 19! Hes done 2 other movies and a documentary. It had every thing! Music, Comedy, Western, and Politics. Great movie everyone should see it.

The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry
. Wow I just have to say this was Well done. Made by the same person who did Time Changer this is a toughing story of a 12 or 13 year old who has a crush on this girl and his 2 friends. Yes it may sound really odd but its turns out to be a really good movie. They meet this older man who trains then in the word of God. He shows them they need to be bold and share there faith and they a truly transformed my him. O yes and there also making a Time Changer 2.

And of course FireProof. This was the first time I got to see it! Its was wonderful but I liked the other movies better because I'm not married!

We also heard Mr. Gefforey Botkin talk about "How to Analyze a Holly Wood Movie" he analyze The Princes Diary's 2 and showed us how every line in that movie showed the world view of the people who made it and how it Grabs kids. He also told us his family does not watch movies for the fun of it they watch movie to analyze them. We could only see a third of what was there and so we missed some ones I heard were really good such as Stained. All in all we had a great time but were very glad to be back home.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

That is so neat! The SACIFF sounds like an awesome event. Is it an annual event?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
violet flower

Post by violet flower »

KODY 105 wrote:That is so neat! The SACIFF sounds like an awesome event. Is it an annual event?
If I am understanding your question correctly then yes. They've been doing this since 2005 this years was 2008. It was originally in November of 2008 but they bumped it to January thus making is 2009 so they skipped a year.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ah, that would have been so neat to go to! \:D/

I saw this afternoon that The Widow's Might won the $101,000 best of festival prize!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Violet Flower, it is so totally not fair that you got to go and I didn't! :insane: ;)

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. :) I would love to see Pendragon too; I have kept up with its production on the Pendragon website, and thought the trailer was very well done.
violet flower

Post by violet flower »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Ah, that would have been so neat to go to! \:D/

I saw this afternoon that The Widow's Might won the $101,000 best of festival prize!
Yea! It was a great experience!

I was disappointed that Pendragon didn't win the Best festival Award. I wasn't that drawn by The Widows Might nearly as much.
But you could tell that be the way they applauded when the showed the Widows might that it was going to win Audience Award. There were 3 standing notations(*cough* if thats the right word*).
Dr. Watson wrote:violetflower, it is so totally not fair that you got to go and I didn't! :insane: ;)

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. :) I would love to see Pendragon too; I have kept up with its production on the Pendragon website, and thought the trailer was very well done.
*evil laugh*

My parents and I both extremely liked Pendragon. You still might be able to buy it off Behemoth.com for $10 but I'm not sure. It may be for a limited time only. They don't have all the Films on there but some like The Widow's Might and Pendragon both which my dad bought.

Just as a side note they are hoping to get The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry is in theater in September. And when it does come out you really should see it.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I got back from my holiday break. I returned this afternoon but have been busy with talking and catching up with ppl here. Jonathan did not come with me. He is keeping busy at home working 5 days a week for up to 9 hours a day. I hope that I can get back into the swing of things here since I have been gone for 3 weeks. It was weird not being here but I will see what happens.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Welcome back hope :D
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I'm leaving soon for the hospital...bye bye!
The good ol' ToO.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Stay away from the doctors! \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Pseudonym wrote:Stay away from the doctors! \:D/
That may be a little difficult. :(
The good ol' ToO.
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

I hope you'll feel better Anna!
~AC~
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I'm back from the hospital...if anyone cares.
The good ol' ToO.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

InHisArms wrote:I'm back from the hospital...if anyone cares.
Welcome back! :hug:
Stop bashing yourself! God cares-- isn't that enough? But I also care. Were the doctors able to determine anything?[size=0] I was able to restrain myself from asking, "Did you have fun?" like a total ignoramus.[/size]
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Of course we care, sweetheart.

:hug:

But most importantly, God cares. May I ask why you went to the hospital in the first place?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm glad you're back, InHisArms. :) I hope that you're feeling better now!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Cool, very glad to have you back! :)
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I was in the hospital for awful chronic headaches...they had me on all these drugs to try and stop the headache but they didn't do a thing. I'm right back where I started. *Sigh*
The good ol' ToO.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

InHisArms wrote:I was in the hospital for awful chronic headaches...they had me on all these drugs to try and stop the headache but they didn't do a thing. I'm right back where I started. *Sigh*
Sounds familiar.
ImageImageImage
logos linked