What have you bought lately?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which would you rather have for FREE?

Complete Odyssey collection - everything EVER made (albums, toys, games, Family Portraits, Chic-Fil-A items, collectables, CDs, tapes, videos, etc.)
12%
$30,000 car of your choice
10%
$25,000 in cash
78%

Total votes: 49

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Groceries, gas and toilet paper. Nothing exciting I know.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Tickets to the live show!!! :yay:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Tickets to the live show!!! :yay:
I'm so jealous... :( You live close to TX?

\:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

650 miles - if my parents decide to go, we'll drive which will be about 11 hours. Otherwise, it's about a two hour flight, I think.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

King Butter Turtle wrote:650 miles - if my parents decide to go, we'll drive which will be about 11 hours. Otherwise, it's about a two hour flight, I think.
Ugh. According to Google, I'm 1,259 miles from Dallas.

\:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

5 hours and I wont be there. :|
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sherlock wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I bought some clothes online from Ricki's today. I like shopping online...a little too much sometimes. ;) You can get some good deals online, though, without the hassle of having to go to the store. I found two nice sweaters on good sales, which made me happy. I'm always cold, so I love sweaters! As long as you're shopping at a store with a good return policy, online shopping is good. :yes:
Maybe I'm just too paranoid, but I keep thinking that the things online would end up arriving looking completely different than in the catalog... ;) Is that the case?
I haven't had much of a problem. Ricki's actually has a good website where you can get a good look at the items, and returns are easy. I ordered a few things where they didn't fit right, and another item that I really liked but after washing it, it no longer fit the way that I wanted it to, and they took it back in the store with no hassle at all. I ordered from another site once where the colour of the item was totally different than what they showed online, so either the picture was way off or they sent me the wrong colour. Either way, it was very ugly ;) but again, I easily returned it for a full refund, so it wasn't a big deal. I've only ordered from places that have stores that I go to sometimes and have an idea of what size I fit and where I can make returns to the store instead of having to mail stuff. For anybody wondering why I don't just go to the store, my computer is significantly closer to me than the stores, the deals are sometimes better, and the selection is often better. I still buy stuff in store, but sometimes online is better for me.

Tomorrow I will buy a nice, full tank of gas. \:D/ Oh, joy. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

A book, a magazine and a package of low sodium colby jack cheese.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I bought a couple of candy bars from my homeschool band's fundraising program... those bars are really yummy. :)
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Wow the last thing I bought...

Probably if its with my own money, it would have to be Orange Juice and the YMCA.

In response to the poll question without a doubt I would take the $25,000 because I have college in 2 years.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I bought a lot of stuff off Good Steward Books. All of these items totaled $25.
  • Adventures in Odyssey #55: The Deep End
  • Adventures in Odyssey: 16 Episodes on 8 Miscellaneous Cassettes
  • A coloring book
  • A book about VeggieTale's Jonah
  • Inside Narnia
  • Narnia
  • Sharing the Narnia Experience
  • Inside the Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • Swamped! (I read this book when I was 10 and was pleased to find it online \:D/)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Lee wrote:Hmmm... It's been forever since I bought something. :anxious: I like to hold onto my $$$.
Sam here, Lee. Same here. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I bought a hot chocolate on Saturday to warm me up while we were waiting for customers at market. \:D/ I only bought it because I had a gift card though. :- There's still a balance on it, so I can get a couple more drinks in the weeks coming up. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Today's lunch, milk, sandwich, apple, potato fingers, and a cookie.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I clicked your link out of curiosity, and was amused to notice that the "Customers who bought these items also purchased..." section contained the other items that you said you bought. Congratulations! You are providing inspiration to other shoppers! \:D/

I bought some books from CBD online yesterday. Some are to share and some are to keep. :- Today I bought a delicious sandwich and an even more delicious croissant donut (as in, there is wonderful glaze on the croissant) for lunch. Yummy!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

American Eagle wrote:A book about VeggieTale's Jonah
Is that the special collector's edition behind-the-scenes book? Because I have that book. It's pretty cool.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

EMBEE wrote:
American Eagle wrote:A book about VeggieTale's Jonah
Is that the special collector's edition behind-the-scenes book? Because I have that book. It's pretty cool.
If it is the one in the photo below, then yes! Thanks for the review, although I will probably end up giving it away to one of my sisters. ;)

he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Camp supplies:
Duct tape, clothespins, tshirts, scented plugins, notecards, pens, notebook, mirror, hand sanitizer, nail clippers, laundry bag, band aids, and more.
School supplies:
Tape, paper, a poster decorating kit, whiteout.
Last edited by Mimi on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Are you going to go to camp soon?
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Yes, in about a month or so. :)