What's the Next Narnia Movie?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Termite wrote:What essential points did they miss, out of curiosity? :-k
Well, the whole contrast between Trumpkin and Nikabrick was watered down a lot. They didn't even go into how they didn't believe in Aslan. Which goes into the next point of how the movie largely misses the theme of how people have lost faith that the old Narnia even existed. They hint at it, but it's not as big a theme as Lewis meant it to be. They also butchered some of Aslan's lines. But aside from that, they got the main point of waiting for Alsan. The entire movie builds up to his arrival, where in the first movie he's barely even mentioned before he randomly steps out. PC gives Aslan the numinous sense of wonder, awe, and power that he lacked in the first movie.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Ah yes, it's been so long since I've read the books that I forgot that lovely rivalry. \:D/ The rest of your post makes sense, too. (I've heard so many complaints about Peter and Caspian, etc, that I was ready to argue if you were headed the same way. ;) )
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Looks like our very own Paul McCusker got a first look at new footage from Voyage of the Dawn Treader! Here's what he wrote on his official site:
Late last week I was privileged to attend a "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" event at Fox Studios in Los Angeles. It was a good news/ bad news affair. The good news is that Doug Gresham, step-son of CS Lewis, was there - along with Producers Micheal Flaherty and Mark Johnson, director Michael Apted and executives from both Walden Pictures and Fox. They talked about their desire to get this picture back to the sensibilities of "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe," to recapture the "magic" and get away from the action-adventure-teen-heart-throb approach of "Prince Caspian." They also acknowledged the difficulties of bringing the story to the screen, since the book wasn't easily conducive to a film's structure. Yes, changes have been made, but those changes are expected to be in keeping with the spirit of the book.

The bad news? We got to see only a few minutes of behind-the-scenes footage and five minutes of highlights and it was so impressive that we were left wanting to see much more. So it was a good kind of bad news. The film comes out December 10th. Mark your calendars. This is one we'll definitely want to see.
Certainly makes me even more excited for the film. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

H Tide wrote:Looks like our very own Paul McCusker got a first look at new footage from Voyage of the Dawn Treader! Here's what he wrote on his official site:
Late last week I was privileged to attend a "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" event at Fox Studios in Los Angeles. It was a good news/ bad news affair. The good news is that Doug Gresham, step-son of CS Lewis, was there - along with Producers Micheal Flaherty and Mark Johnson, director Michael Apted and executives from both Walden Pictures and Fox. They talked about their desire to get this picture back to the sensibilities of "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe," to recapture the "magic" and get away from the action-adventure-teen-heart-throb approach of "Prince Caspian." They also acknowledged the difficulties of bringing the story to the screen, since the book wasn't easily conducive to a film's structure. Yes, changes have been made, but those changes are expected to be in keeping with the spirit of the book.

The bad news? We got to see only a few minutes of behind-the-scenes footage and five minutes of highlights and it was so impressive that we were left wanting to see much more. So it was a good kind of bad news. The film comes out December 10th. Mark your calendars. This is one we'll definitely want to see.
Certainly makes me even more excited for the film. :D
Same here. :D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for sharing that quote, H Tide! :D That's awesome! I agree that it makes me look forward to the movie even more! \:D/
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

December 10th? I'll be old by then!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

By then...I shall be a teenager...and I shall still not have seen it...I shall just have to wait a while....

We will be alive still, I hope and pray....it is long off.....*sighs*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

by December 10th, I will no longer BE a teenager. I shall have turned 20.

Till the end of the line.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

I'll be 13 when it comes out! 8-)
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

I'll be 20 when it comes out
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'll be 15.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the link! I half-skimmed through the spoiler parts, but my overall impression of the direction things are going was very positive! :D I'm definitely looking forward to this movie. :D
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I wasn't a huge fan of the last movie--as a movie, it was decently done, but as an adaptation from the book, it was WAY off on so many aspects. Some things were ok--other stuff wasn't, for example, the cheesy, hopeless romance between Susan and Prince Caspian that wasn't even HINTED at in the book...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

yeah, the last movie was good movie wise, but as far as being based on the book, it failed pretty badly.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

If they had made it exactly like the book, it would've been pretty boring. :shrugs:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I was pretty happy with Prince Caspian. I just disliked the romance they threw in between Susan and him. They could have kept that part out.
Yes, it didn't follow along the books pretty well, but it did stay close enough to keep me liking the movie - I'm very picky about movies based off books. They have to stick pretty close to the original story line for me to actually like it.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I know the Susan Caspian thing was lame, but it's not enough of a thing to not like the movie. It was only a few brief scenes, probably not more than a minute of footage.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I agree. The movie was still good, despite that one thing. Hopefully the third movie will be better \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It's not just the Susan/Caspian thing that annoyed me; it's the major plot deviations from the book. I should watch the movie (and read the book especially) and make a long list of all inaccuracies.