AIO Live Show in Colorado Springs

Aug 16, 2008

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will you go to the live show recording?

Yes
24%
Probably, there's a good chance
4%
Maybe, there's an ok chance
7%
Probably not, but there's a longshot chance
26%
No
39%

Total votes: 72

ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

It would be so cool to attend! Eli would love it. Gas prices being what they are, though, I don't think we will be road tripping across the country this year. :noway:

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Darcie wrote:Southern California? :highfive:

It would be neat to go, but we have no plans as of yet.
You're married to an AIO actor, you have no excuse not to go :noway:

;)
???? (Did I miss soemthing along the way???)
Darcie is married to David Griffin - the actor who plays Jimmy Barclay.
:dumb: Okay, I seriously did miss something. Thanks for the info though, Sarah. Man... I mean, WOW! (sorry, I'm just... I've got no clue)
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Darcie wrote:But... how would we carpool when we're coming from different directions... :anxious:
That is a very good question! \:D/
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

Jessicado wrote:
Darcie wrote:But... how would we carpool when we're coming from different directions... :anxious:
That is a very good question! \:D/
I like Jonathans suggestion meeting halfway...
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

We certainly can't let this thread drop to the second page of Whit's End, can we? :shame:

Just four and a half more months until this special event! I'm looking at flight tickets and planning out my expenses already... although I really need to secure accommodations before doing anything else. However, I was somewhat dismayed to find out the Focus buildings are an hour away from the Colorado Springs airport. Unless I can share a ride with someone, it's probably gonna end up costing an additional $80-$100 to get from the airport to Focus. :(

What's the status on your accommodations, Jonathan... or anyone else? :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

1. I've figured out my job schedule for the summer, and I am without a doubt going \:D/

2. I do not have a motel room reserved yet--though I will be able to get a room at half off. I kinda need to find out what Hope is doing, and if the three people pledged to go with me really will be going.
We certainly can't let this thread drop to the second page of Whit's End, can we?
I was thinking the same thing a mere ten minutes ago.

edit--ok, more like 30 minutes ago.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Okay, upon further research, Best Western has been deemed the best and most affordable hotel. During the week of the event rates are about $100/night. Sharing a room with another person cuts the price in half, making for a very affordable $50/night rate. And it's less than two miles from the Focus buildings!
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Punkindoodle
Not as new

Post by Punkindoodle »

I found that flying into Denver is ALOT cheaper than flying into Colorado Springs. I think we saved $100 on each ticket. It is only an hour drive, if I remember correctly. If you are going to rent a car anyway, you should check into that!

Also, I got a great deal on The Homewood Suites on Travelocity.com-----less than $85 a night! This is a non-refundable price, but if you call the hotel it is between 149 and 179 a night. These are suites so they have a sitting room with a full-size fridge and kitchen area. I think it even has a bed in the couch. Also, it is right across the street from the Focus campus.

I am still looking for a rental car, but it seems like the deals are a little better closer to the time.

I am really looking forward to it!!!

Oh, and the reviews and pictures of this hotel looked great. A nice free hot breakfast too! This hotel was actually recommended by Focus on the Family's events dept.

One more thing:) When I called the hotel, they said "Go for it---that is a golden price!" They were surprised by the Travelocity special. Again, it is the non-refundable price.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Oh, that's a good deal Punkindoodle! We were thinking of calling FOF to see if they had any recommendations. We were just talking the other day about how we still needed to decide about getting plans together for this. :)

Maybe if a number of people are coming in to the airport(s) at a similar time, we can coordinate a shuttle van? Some hotels may offer a shuttle too. But where do you see that it is an hour away, Trent? I'm seeing 25 minutes, 18 miles. Looks like it might be an hour away from the Denver airport... :-k
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I was planning on flying directly into the Colorado Springs airport, which is just under an hour away from Focus according to Google. Thanks to Punkindoodle's insightful information, I think I'll just fly to Denver instead. Now the question is whether I can split hotel costs with someone else... I'll have to check into The Homewood Suites.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Ah, I see the difference. You have Springs East airport. See on the same map where it says Colorado Springs Municipal Airport? ;)

But I'm sure flights to Denver are much more economical too. :)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

That's the second time I've felt stupid today. :hithead:

It must be the < 3 hours of sleep last night. :(

EDIT: Okay, I officially like The Homewood Suites...
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:That's the second time I've felt stupid today. :hithead:

It must be the < 3 hours of sleep last night. :(

EDIT: Okay, I officially like The Homewood Suites...
NOOOO!!! Don't abandon Best Western and me! :mecry:

remember - yummy food and 24 hour pool and all that grand stuff? \:D/
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Homewood Suites has yummy food and a pool, too...

On second thought, I think I'm going to fly directly into Colorado Springs. Any money I'd save by flying to Denver would be eaten up by taxi fees... so now the trick is to figure out accommodations. Easy as calculus.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Even though I can't attend, I wonderd if you want some info from an AIO writer?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

anybody know if there just doing an old episode again or are they going to have one final one before they go on their year long break?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

We'll be posting all the details about the show (including dates, times, ticket prices, etc.) on the website next week. Watch for it!

Nathan
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I ordered tickets today--we (we being me, Hope, my brother, and a friend [woot, road trip!]) are going to the 10:30 am show.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Just to recap... is there anyone else beside Jonathan, Hope, and Punkindoodle going? \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Just to recap... is there anyone else beside Jonathan, Hope, and Punkindoodle going? \:D/
JF