Lost

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

I hope Charlie doesn't die!! :mad:
~S~
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Last night's show was definitely a season Highlight. Totally Rocked!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

You know, I was just thinking about reviving this thread too ;)

I started listening to Lost a few weeks ago, and several friends of mine and I have watched clear through all of seasons 1, 2, and the first episodes of season 3. This week's show was the first one I've actually seen on TV.

Season 1 is my absolute favorite, and while I think season 3 is not quite as good as the other two, I still like it. I'm wondering, though, how much the writers plan things out, versus how much they "fly by the seat of their pants" :-

My favorite one this season is Flashes Before Your Eyes... and I hope Charlie doesn't die either, but there are several ways the writers could take the story, so...

Oh, and I should tell you I am very, very addicted to Lost!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Another fan!

*swoons*

They said that they have the entire series planned out, and that there should be 5-6 seasons. Maybe more.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Another 6 fans actually... ;)

Yeah, that's what I heard too. There are so many questions, and I hope they all get answered satisfactorily.

What are some of your guys' favorite characters/episodes/etc.?
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I've never seen Lost. O:)
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Lizpaw wrote:You know, I was just thinking about reviving this thread too ;)

I started listening to Lost a few weeks ago, and several friends of mine and I have watched clear through all of seasons 1, 2, and the first episodes of season 3. This week's show was the first one I've actually seen on TV.

Season 1 is my absolute favorite, and while I think season 3 is not quite as good as the other two, I still like it. I'm wondering, though, how much the writers plan things out, versus how much they "fly by the seat of their pants" :-

My favorite one this season is Flashes Before Your Eyes... and I hope Charlie doesn't die either, but there are several ways the writers could take the story, so...

Oh, and I should tell you I am very, very addicted to Lost!
This could almost be my post... :-

Yep, I started watching this show about three weeks ago, and I'm hooked. Unfortunately, I'm watching these out of order (I wacthed the current Season 3 eps online and then I went out to buy season 1, but everywhere I went it wasn't in stock, so I got season 2 instead). I did a pretty good job of catching onto seasons 2 and 3 without seeing season 1, but I want to pick up the first season soon.

And I can't wait for next week! I've been waiting to find out who the eye-patch dude was. \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Applesauce wrote:This could almost be my post... :-

Yep, I started watching this show about three weeks ago, and I'm hooked. Unfortunately, I'm watching these out of order (I wacthed the current Season 3 eps online and then I went out to buy season 1, but everywhere I went it wasn't in stock, so I got season 2 instead). I did a pretty good job of catching onto seasons 2 and 3 without seeing season 1, but I want to pick up the first season soon.

And I can't wait for next week! I've been waiting to find out who the eye-patch dude was. \:D/
We got a Netflix free trial and watched them that way, so you might want to look into that (and trust me, it will definitely be worth it :D)
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Good idea, I might have to look into that (it would save me about 50 bucks)! \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Oh, Lost. That was a good show. I started watching it sometimes around August 2005 - mid 2006. I haven't seen more than one or two episodes of season 3 (mostly due to lack of ability to obtain them).

My favourite character was always Locke, and I liked how the writers always merged his character with that of the "real" John Locke. He had a lot of layers and depth that I didn't really appreciate until I read some of Locke's works.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Yay! Touchdown!

:rofl:
Last edited by Elrohir on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

AIO Psyche wrote:Another fan!

*swoons*

They said that they have the entire series planned out, and that there should be 5-6 seasons. Maybe more.
Nope, there will be four seasons, confirmed many times.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

If you remember from season 2, there were markings on the blast door map written as "cv1", "cv2", etc (I think there were 6 all together). I've heard from some people this stands for "cerebrus vent" (how the black smoke cloud has access to the surface of the island). Personally, I'd love to see an episode where they go to try and find one of these "vents" (not to mention also explaining the foot statue on the other side of the island, how come they still get food drops... aww, so many questions left unanswered :-s ).
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

This episode was soo ironic...

and I found it amusing how they tied in pretty much all the seasons with Nikki and Paoli. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I thought it was highly amusing how they found the Pearl, the drug plane, and had an encounter with the others all before the swan was even discovered. The minute Niki brought out the spider though, I knew they were gonna be stupid and bury them alive (which they did, of course).

Also, if you watched the clips from next week's episode, it looks as if Juliette and Kate will be getting in a cat fight. Who do y'all think will win? Personally, as much as I like Juliette's character, I think Kate will beat the heck out of her ](*,) .
Tyrell

Post by Tyrell »

movieman85 wrote:Also, if you watched the clips from next week's episode, it looks as if Juliette and Kate will be getting in a cat fight. Who do y'all think will win? Personally, as much as I like Juliette's character, I think Kate will beat the heck out of her ](*,) .
"Chick Fight!"

To quote NCIS. ;)
~S~
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

nah, dude. Jack and Locke are totally gonna get in a fight. Jack'll probably put Locke back in his wheelchair.
Tyrell

Post by Tyrell »

Elrohir wrote:nah, dude. Jack and Locke are totally gonna get in a fight. Jack'll probably put Locke back in his wheelchair.
Bah humbug! :noway:

I've heard somewhere that something is going to happen to Ben and Jack's going to become the leader of the Others. :-k
~S~
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

John Locke wrote:Bah humbug! :noway:

I've heard somewhere that something is going to happen to Ben and Jack's going to become the leader of the Others. :-k
Only so he can be close to Juliette \:D/ .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

So, does anybody here still watch this show?

Cause its gotten a heck of a lot beter!! And tonight's ep is gonna rock!!