Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Jess Harnell voiced Wakko on Animaniacs. Guess who's been browsing through Warner Bros. '90's cartoons?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

You know when you're an Odyssey fan when: You see the word 'apple' and instantly think APPLESAUCE! :mad:

As thus happened to me. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Today in homeschool band we were playing this song, and suddenly part of it sounded like the Odyssey theme.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
TigerintheShadows

I had the weirdest dream last night! I was in a Scholar's Bowl match, and somebody said that they couldn't believe everybody thought they had a crush on Mandy. Someone else says, "Or that I cheat on homework assignments!" And someone else says, "Or that I have a crush on Alex Jefferson!" And so dream!Tiger chimes in and says, "All of which aren't true!" What does dream!Tiger get in response? "That's not the point!" It was hilarious.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

That is too funny. \:D/ \:D/

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I had the weirdest dream last night! I was in a Scholar's Bowl match, and somebody said that they couldn't believe everybody thought they had a crush on Mandy. Someone else says, "Or that I cheat on homework assignments!" And someone else says, "Or that I have a crush on Alex Jefferson!" And so dream!Tiger chimes in and says, "All of which aren't true!" What does dream!Tiger get in response? "That's not the point!" It was hilarious.
Oh wow. That's cool. \:D/
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Today, on my spanish worksheet, there was a girl named Thalia. I've never heard that name before, other than in For the Fun of It.
Actually, unless you made a typo.. wooton's niece is named Talia. (source: Official AIO Guide)

\:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

in class today, they mentioned how CS Lewis was an atheist, and of course I thought of the quote from a Triangle when young Whit and Jenny were talking about him and how she quoted from a GK Chesterton book that Lewis read before he became a Christian. The quote was:"A man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading."

I was delighted \:D/
Last edited by Shennifer on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows

Oh, that reminds me of a question in yesterday's Scholar's Bowl match--"Who wrote The Screwtape Letters?" Well, I wasn't in, and so I was sitting back there about to have a seizure because I'm like, "I KNOW THIS! NO! SOMEONE ANSWER!" But nobody did. I was sad. :(

And of course, The Screwtape Letters brings us back to Odyssey. Who produced the audio drama for The Screwtape Letters? Focus on the Family, who, as we all know, produces Adventures in Odyssey as well.
AIO tumblr sideblog
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

So this guy came to my church tonight and he did a dramatization of Saul (aka Paul), as Saul. It reminded me of the episodes about Paul, mostly the first one, though. He was very good, the impersonator.
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Today, in the crossword, one of the clues was ' "The butler___"; mystery story conclusion'. It made me think of this week's episode. :D
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
TigerintheShadows

In today's Scholar's Bowl match, there was a question that asked for the last name of a man named Regis who worked with some chick named Kelly on a morning show or whatever and I don't remember the last name, but I was going to say "Blackgaard" if no one else guessed anything. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Regis Philbin. \:D/ Less evil than Regis Blackgaard, as far as I know. ;) I've never connected Regis and Kelly with Regis Blackbeard, that I recall...it's funny what associations we have and don't have!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

There was a Kelly on Odyssey, though. Hmm... Is she really Kelly Blackgaard?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

By the way, Regis Philbin holds the world record for having been on television more than any person in history. Just thought I'd throw that interesting fact out there... ;)

Jeremy
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

At the new mall we went to, above the door is a bell that rings. It really didn't sound like the Whit's End one, but I couldn't help but think of it. And also, there's a kid who sounds like Marshal Younger, and my teacher talked like Mrs. Nitchu for awhile. \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Are you talking about Miss Sancel? She does talk like Mrs. Nitue. In my history class I had to do a geography project on the middle east, and I kept wanting to lable Pakistan as Rakistan. :)
~Mark Prescott~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

No, not Miss Stancel. Mrs. Thompson. :yes:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows

In warm-ups for Scholar's Bowl on Tuesday, someone asked about a mathemetician who came up with a number of postulates, and as soon as he said the word "postulates" I thought of "the discourse on Euclid's postulates" and immediately said the answer. Everyone looked at me in amazement, and one girl's like, "I love you!" and the guy who asked the question asked me how I'd known. I just mentioned the postulates because I didn't think there was a probable chance of him having heard of Adventures in Odyssey.

But it was awesome! \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

Some guy is coming to wash our windows, and immediately I thought "I wonder if he uses a squeege like Bernard Walton". And I can't help but think of Connie every time I drink hot chocolate.
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.