Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

It will feel different having three generations,bat least there not leaving the Parkers out of Odyssey like they did with Dorothy Jones (2 episodes) I have high hopes for this one!!!

I think the new IS makes it sound more fake, walking through doors??? How big is Whit's End?
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Whit's End is a giant TARDIS, and the IS is another TARDIS inside the first. We're not really limited on size. I for one happen to like the new IS, even if I do still miss the old one. How large it actually is now is quite vague, as we don't know how many doors are really there, and how many are a part of the machine, or how those doors are arranged.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Skylerbuck wrote:I think the new IS makes it sound more fake, walking through doors??? How big is Whit's End?
Paul McCusker wrote:Back in the beginning, the idea of Whit's End was that it was like Snoopy's doghouse: you almost never really knew what was in there and how far it went. And we actually want to maintain that there are any number of rooms, and contraptions, and inventions, and secret passages that show up as we have need.
Does that help? ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

It should be Katrina. :yes:
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

I know it's big (Whit's End) I just like the old IS better.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

What's different about it, if you don't mind my asking?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

I explained it a few lines up
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

This is gonna be totally awesome!
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

One thing that gets me about the new station, is that it sounds sort of freaky. Somehow they are up walking around through doors, while also in this imaginary trance state? Sounds dangerous. At least before it seemed like some kind of computer game, or dream state or something. Now it's like they are sleep walking around large areas of Whit's End. Hmm.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I don't think kids are physically walking around during the adventure.
On that note, WHAT THE HECK is up with the Inspiration Station?! It works like the IS, but you're standing in front of a radio, push a button, and you're off. I picture it as you standing there, you reach out, it makes a noise, and you collapse in a heap on the floor until the adventure's over and you wake up with a concussion.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Maybe it's rooms that are used over once in a while but the scene changes and you don't notice.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

You can't be moving when the program is running. All evidence suggests that the Imagination Station induces a sort of dream-paralysis, so any movement would be impossible. If you were really moving inside a room, than you'd hit the walls almost immediately, assuming they're not the size of football fields.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:You can't be moving when the program is running. All evidence suggests that the Imagination Station induces a sort of dream-paralysis, so any movement would be impossible. If you were really moving inside a room, than you'd hit the walls almost immediately, assuming they're not the size of football fields.
See, I really agree with you, but then it leaves me confused as to why they are randomly stepping through doors in the middle of the adventure. I can't remember the specific new episodes that use this, but it sounds like they are indeed moving somehow. Maybe they sit down as soon as they step through or something.

Anyway, all said and done, this is why I way prefer the old station.

Also: I know we're off topic, but I don't know how to move it into it's own topic. Can someone who is a mod who can do that?
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Yeah, it's the beginning and ends that confuse things. On that note, though, that's what makes the Inspiration Station the REAL question here, since it's completely open to the rest of the shop. There's nothing to sit down on or get into or anything.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Personally, I think june is going to die
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

godisawesomeness99 wrote:Personally, I think june is going to die
=o How could you be so blunt about it?? =[
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Just call him Alan :p
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Aftershocker wrote:
=o How could you be so blunt about it?? =[
What? What did I do? :-
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

*sighs* As much as I hate to say this, I think you're right. :cry:
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

you know, I also think jules is bill's caretaker or his girlfriend. basically, I want to have a different view than the public