What do you guys think of Penny?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

What do you think of Penny?

I like her!
29%
She's OK.
29%
I don't like her, but I think I can warm up to her.
13%
I don't like her and I probably never will.
29%

Total votes: 24

Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Felicity Blackgaard wrote:I wanted Wooton to fall in love with me. :(
Awesome! My thought if I weren't already in love with Jason...
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

Well, I fell in love with the Blackgaard brothers, so, it's all cool. *sigh*
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I haven't had a chance to listen to the new season yet, so I'm just going off of what I heard in the GRC. I thought Penny was made to be too much like Wooton, on purpose to supposedly be a good match for him. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "Opposites attract?" They are just too much alike, in my book.
Exactly. It's like Victoria part 2.

It is Victoria, right?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Lee wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:Penny was very good in The Green Ring Conspiracy. I can't say I honestly liked her, but she did well for the major role she had.

As far as her continuing to come in, I think it's going to really wreck the show for me. It feels almost like Focus decided 'let's make a perfect match for Wooton!' and then they did...those two are way too alike! It isn't even realistic!
TKD, what did you think of Victoria in "Wooing Wooton" ? Because I thought she was great. ;) But didn't Wooton say he'd never find another person just like her? Somehow he did... :-k
I don't even remember "Wooing Wooton" *cough* O:)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
Lee wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:Penny was very good in The Green Ring Conspiracy. I can't say I honestly liked her, but she did well for the major role she had.

As far as her continuing to come in, I think it's going to really wreck the show for me. It feels almost like Focus decided 'let's make a perfect match for Wooton!' and then they did...those two are way too alike! It isn't even realistic!
TKD, what did you think of Victoria in "Wooing Wooton" ? Because I thought she was great. ;) But didn't Wooton say he'd never find another person just like her? Somehow he did... :-k
Wooton likes this girl a lot like him but basically doesn't go anywhere with her because she's not saved =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Gaius wrote:
Lee wrote:

Wooton likes this girl a lot like him but basically doesn't go anywhere with her because she's not saved =P
Well it was more than that. Wooton's dad tries to get them married. But he decides he cannot marry her, or even date because she is not a Christian. So Wooton gives up a new relationship with his dad. And a relationship with someone he really likes, for his faith. Thus why I am so upset with the Penny-Wooton thing.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I've seen in several places around the web that people are under the impression that Penny is not a Christian. Where is that implied? She says in the GRC that she is a christian. My theory is this; Before coming to Odyssey for college she went to a good church.But upon coming to Odyssey, didn't want to feel "alone" in a church so she joined Trask's study not having a firm biblical based faith to know that his teachings were wrong. But I was under the impression that she was in fact Christian. The whole "crack in the window, bird nest" profound statement of Penny's was kinda neat. But the way it was brought about made it seem wrong to look deeper into the things around us which it's not. Sometimes we need profound object lessons to get a point across to us.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Penny is Wooton-like unless she's around Wooton. Perhaps an unconscious desire to make him like her more? I like Penny in the sense that she brings a some what balance to the character trend. It allows Connie a peer her own age, and same with Wooton I guess. Though it puzzles me. Wooton is in his thirties, maybe mid-thirties. I imagine Connie and Penny to be maybe late twenties. Isn't that a little wide of an age difference? At this point odyssey needs more concrete characters, and I think Penny was a good one to bring in. She's kinda like Wooton, but still her own individual.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

She could also just be a babe in God too. That doesn't mean she isn't a christian, just that she needs to grow more. Besides, we all have room to grow.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Lee wrote:

Aw. :( I think it's funny.

\:D/