Album 51 Episode List!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Oh, I forgot to add my For the Birds prediction! It was mentioned on the video podcast that the album cover art with Connie shaving Eugene's head was from #6 For the Birds. I predict that there are some real birds that are in dire need of nest-making material. Eugene, knowing that human hair is an authentic component of bird nests, volunteers his own locks for the fledglings.

Any other predictions based on this new piece of info?
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

That makes sense! And wouldn't Eugene's hair provide a lovely soft and warm nest for the poor birds? :lol:

I don't have any predictions for the episodes, but I am intrigued as to what the three-parter entails.

The little description on back of the album says, "Get answers to the deep questions of kids, like why would Eugene Meltsner shave his head? Why did the Parkers have a family meeting in the bathroom? How does a twig in a baseball glove change the course of a winning game? As you've come to expect from Adventures in Odyssey, the answers to these questions give practical lessons about responsibility, the meaning of true treasure, and God's calling."
Last edited by H Tide on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I never liked the whole repackaging thing. I'm too frugal to repurchase something I already have, plus I LIKE the classic look of the original CD albums-Passport to Adventure actually looking like a Passport was what drew my eye first. Passport to Adventure and A Time of Discovery were my first CD album purchases because they caught my eye in a mark down section of a Christian bookstore that was going out of business. I was hooked. They just LOOKED interesting. I knew that Adventures in Odyssey existed, but hadn't really gotten involved. As I only had a few cassette albums when that repackaging started, I did get them so I could listen to Odyssey from the 'beginning'. I'm still coveting a Family Portraits album, I actually liked Officer Harley. I was hoping they would release them on CD for the 25th anniversary but I guess not. I'd love to see Good Grief and Never On a Sunday also released as CD albums too.

With a new voice for Whit, it only seems natural that they would give him a new 'look'. Maybe he lost weight on Connie's diet from 'Do or Diet'. I liked André in Passages. I think it was a good idea to introduce the new voice in that way before Album 51 starts airing. I like the episode list and it builds my excitement. I was going to wait for Album 52 to be released before I ordered as shipping to Sweden is a royal pain, but now I'm not sure I can wait. As mentioned above, I haven't like the look of the cover art for some time now and would not have bought any of the new albums based on that. I have no opinion on the new logo but certainly wouldn't rebuy old albums just so the logos match.

BTW-does anyone know why some of the albums were produced in a 'taller' version (Christmas Classics, Eugene Returns, etc). Now that is a pain as they don't fit nicely together on the shelf. Those I would be willing to buy again in regular CD format so the size matches.

And while we are 'wishing'. I wish they would bring back the video series. I don't get why they received such bad reviews. My husband and I love them.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
IForgotMyUserName
I've been here a bit

Post by IForgotMyUserName »

Some promos are up for the new episodes:
Inspiration Station Part 1:

Inspiration Station Part 2:

Clutter:

Game for a Mystery:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I listened to Game for a Mystery and Clutter above, then thought, "They need to play some of Whit, Connie or Eugene's voices so I can get the old feel of Odyssey." I started to play Inspiration Station Part 1, then realized it wasn't the same Whit anymore. I'm going to miss Paul a lot...
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Its kinda neat to get a glimpse of the new Whit interacting with Connie and Eugene.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I'm very much a "traditionalist" when it comes to Odyssey, so I might be the first to show dissatisfaction for this new Whit picture...however, growing up with so many versions of Whit, this one works, and it works very well. He was always supposed to look like Samuel Clemens a bit. I like it. It feels like his earlier look, which I liked quite a bit. Well done!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

EMBEE wrote:Its kinda neat to get a glimpse of the new Whit interacting with Connie and Eugene.
Yes. Very cool. I think the new Whit will be fine, the fans just need to give André a chance. I hope they at least explain the absence of the old characters....Tom, Bernard, etc. Like they retired and moved away rathar than pretend they never existed. I had hoped they would acknowledge the passing of Walker Edminston on the show, but I guess that would be tough for younger viewers. I'm looking forward to the new episodes!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

IForgotMyUserName, thank you for posting the clips!
  • Inspiration Station: It really is a new invention; I'm glad to see Whit's creative juices flowing, Eugene's geek skills being used, and Connie getting a stimulating experience!
  • Clutter: Could that be the new character Red heard in the promo?
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Taq wrote: [*]Clutter: Could that be the new character Red heard in the promo?[/list]
I really hope not. He sounded a little like the Robert Easton, the new guy who does Bart.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Taq wrote:Could that be the new character Red heard in the promo?
I'd bet on it, and I'm already unhappy. It sounds like a bad job of Wooton and Bernard merged into one grating personality. [/judges before hearing episode]
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

IForgotMyUserName wrote:Some promos are up for the new episodes:
Inspiration Station Part 1:

Inspiration Station Part 2:

Clutter:

Game for a Mystery:
I don't know where those come from but if that is the new theme, March can't come soon enough for me.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I didn't even think about the theme. It's not bad. At least they kept the first seven notes almost the same.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

*attempts to keep from raising his voice*
I strongly hope the "music" in these clips are not related to the new theme at all. Where is the melody? What was wrong with the old theme? I hope FOTF sees sales plummet from this. They shan't expect any $25 from me for the new album. Sure I would compete for a copy in the contests, but no revenue is coming from KODY 105 Enterprises without a major change in opinion. This change of opinion might come when I hear the full theme.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I like the new theme. It sounds like Odyssey, but it's new and original. Hopefully that is NOT Red that we hear during the Clutter promo, but just some one time random character. Also, is the Inspiration Station addicting? Hopefully not, because I'm pretty sure that Whit would never allow such a thing. It actually reminded me of Blackgaard's Revenge for a moment, or the Virtual Kid or My Girl Hallie. Yikes. On a lighter note, doesn't Matthew Parker sound like another Trent DeWhite?
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I like the new theme too. At least the little bit that we hear on those promos.
Trixie Belden wrote:On a lighter note, doesn't Matthew Parker sound like another Trent DeWhite?
That's exactly what I was thinking!
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Interestring episode choices.
What I wonder about right now is if in the Jubilee Singers, if they actual singing in the episode.
I hope so.
Having Odyssey Characters singing is a;ways a joy:)
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Red- I do think that's Red in the promo, but I'm waiting to form an opinion since the sounds bites are so short and out of context.

New theme- My first thought was that it reminded me of the Last Chance Detectives. Like KBT, I didn't think about it too much, but I will certainly be interested in hearing the new tune in its entirety.
EMBEE wrote:
Trixie Belden wrote:On a lighter note, doesn't Matthew Parker sound like another Trent DeWhite?
I concur Matt P. sounded like Trent D. from the one-liner in the Game for a Mystery clip. Speaking of which, I liked the sound of Emily, cool and confident.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

EMBEE wrote:
I as well! That's one of the few things I liked about it all, and I did like hearing a Trent-like voice. :)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I will give my full discussion of the new stuff in my next podcast so look for that soon. I will say that that very well could be a portion of the theme and me be happy with it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked