What's the Next Narnia Movie?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

It's been speculated that perhaps Peter has at least a cameo in the movie - on NarniaWeb, they found some actor that's listed as "Peter's stand-in" for VoDT. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Perhaps he would be in the background of a non-Narnian (e.g. Earth) scene. Visions of Elvis Presley in Forrest Gump come to mind...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I think they should go back and do a movie on the Magicians Nephew, because it tells the background story of Narnia
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

It'd be a little hard to do that, but it would be fun to see the creation of the world!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jason Whits son wrote:I think they should go back and do a movie on the Magicians Nephew, because it tells the background story of Narnia
I think it makes more sense for them to... do them in order?

Of course Chronologically Magician's Nephew is first, but... since we already have established published order pretty solidly, it'd be a little confusing to jump around.

Although honestly if they do another one after Dawn Trader I'll be mildly surprised. But we may at least get Silver Chair.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Oooh...the Silver Chair...I would like to see the scenes from the Underworld...and then the Last Battle.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

They should do The Silver Chair next since Polter will be too old if they wait.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Termite wrote:.....

The beard needs to go. He looks retarded with it. :noway:
He already looked retarded! I hate the fact that they used Ben Barnes! He was WAY too old for Prince Caspian.

Oh and I think they should do the Silver Chair after the Voyage, then the Last Battle.
Then they should start at the beginning and to the Magician's Nephew then the Horse and His Boy!

They have old movies of The Voyage and The Silver Chair but I've always wanted to see movies of the books they have never adapted!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Oh come one. :p He wasn't all that bad. A bit old, but still cute. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

MITCHnTRENT wrote:Oooh...the Silver Chair...I would like to see the scenes from the Underworld...and then the Last Battle.
There is a Silver Chair movie made in like the 70's or 80's. It's pretty good...but they change the Underworld people around
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm really looking forward to VoDT...I hope it turns out better than Prince Caspian. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
cukesandwalker
Not as new

Post by cukesandwalker »

:thud: I had no idea they were making another one, it had better not be like the second one i hated that one they did a terrible job
Star wars = awsome
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

cukesandwalker wrote::thud: I had no idea they were making another one, it had better not be like the second one i hated that one they did a terrible job
That's pretty harsh. :-s Perhaps it didn't live up to a lot of fans expectations, but they did do a good job of it.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Jelly wrote:
cukesandwalker wrote::thud: I had no idea they were making another one, it had better not be like the second one i hated that one they did a terrible job
That's pretty harsh. :-s Perhaps it didn't live up to a lot of fans expectations, but they did do a good job of it.
Yeah, the movie disappointed me, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

EMBEE wrote:
Jelly wrote:
I, in contrast, absolutely loved the second movie. I liked it better than the first one, actually. :-k
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I loved the first one, the second one while not as good as the first one was all right. I'm also looking forward to Dawn Treader.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Amethystic wrote:
EMBEE wrote:
Jelly wrote:
I, in contrast, absolutely loved the second movie. I liked it better than the first one, actually. :-k
Me too. This first one just felt like they were going through the motions and didn't really get the essence of the story. The second one wasn't perfect, and they missed a lot of essentials points, but they got the essence of the story more than the first one.
Last edited by Elrohir on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

What essential points did they miss, out of curiosity? :-k
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I have to be honest here, but I'm usually pretty harsh when it comes to reviewing movies that are adapted from books. The movies is almost never as good as the book, of course, but I actually like the Prince Caspian Movie better than the book. I honestly thought the book was pretty boring, and thought the movie would be too, but by adding that whole castle scene and extending the battles, I thought they made it much more exciting. Shun me if you must, but I'm a huge Narnia fan and have read the books several times, and listened through the audio dramas many times, and I still thought they did a good job.

I'm also somewhat glad that Disney isn't making this one. At least Walden media is still in it, and we have the same actors, but now I'm really hoping that movie gets lots of money just so we can show 'Money-Hungry Disney' that they should have kept making the movies.
Last edited by Dallas R. on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

^^^Agreed on the book vs. movie point. :anxious: I liked the whole Peter-Susan-Caspian conflict, and the delaying of Aslan's arrival; their attitudes seemed more "real" than their attitudes in the book, and it expanded Lewis's original message about trusting God even when you can't see him working through your circumstances.