Favorite Odyssey quotes

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Beef Taco
I've been here a bit

Post by Beef Taco »

"It has macaroni and cheese with marshmallows and watermelon jelly beans, all over a delicious corn chip crust."

Wooten-"For the Fun of It"

"I don't believe this! Horse is a dog!"
Dr Ninja
I should know what a double post is now

Post by Dr Ninja »

"Go away bad dream, BOO" Clara...

*Sadness*

D
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

"Then I drove it out to Tom Riley's farm where we buried it under the old oak next to the pond. You know, in the hopes that future archaeologists might find it and be able to understand our civilization all the more?" - Eugene, Harlow Doyle, Private Eye.

"Fortunately, rush hour in Odyssey consists of a truck, a bike and a dog with a limp." - Eugene, A Christmas Conundrum.

"Death is the passageway to be with our Lord. It's not a door we should pass through unless God says its time to go. As believers, we may long for Heaven but we must remain here until the Master calls us." - Tom Riley, The Mortal Coil, Part 1.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
aiofan_19
Found

Post by aiofan_19 »

"Do I look like I'm stupid? Strike that from the record." - Rodney, Broken Window

"That was a song. Sung by a singer. This is Cryin' Brian Dern going into his 94th hour of being on the air. What do you want to do? Maybe I should play a song?.....Wow, I never knew my thumb could do this." - Top This
Wild Horses Can't Keep Me Away from the Town of Odyssey!
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

Wotoon has become a verb in odyssey.See if a kid is misbehaving their will tell him to stop wooton around. - Wotoon

Jason remember nothing I do is anything Great - Whit

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
Dr Ninja

Post by Dr Ninja »

Rodenyrathbone wrote:Wotoon has become a verb in odyssey.See if a kid is misbehaving their will tell him to stop wooton around. - Wotoon

Jason remember nothing I do is anything Great - Whit
"How I do is nothing great"
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Beef Taco wrote:"I don't believe this! Horse is a dog!"
"Ya, well she has two dogs. The other one's named 'dog'. She didn't want to mix 'em up." -Wooton
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

"Take me with you."
-Henny "The Twilife Zone"
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

aiofan_19 wrote:"That was a song. Sung by a singer. This is Cryin' Brian Dern going into his 94th hour of being on the air. What do you want to do? Maybe I should play a song?.....Wow, I never knew my thumb could do this." - Top This
:hilarious:

That is the best Dern episode \:D/
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

"How am I? Well, contrary to all the negative factors that have been impressed upon me in the previous 6-7 days, I feel rather energetic if not vigorous. How are you?"

Anyone guess which episode this if from?
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Robyn Jacobs wrote:"How am I? Well, contrary to all the negative factors that have been impressed upon me in the previous 6-7 days, I feel rather energetic if not vigorous. How are you?"

Augh. The speaker is obviously Eugene, but I can't for the life of me say what episode it's from. Seems to be from an earlier episode...Eugene's Dilemma, maybe?

(Probably not; I know I'm wrong)

Would quotes from outtakes and deleted scenes belong in this thread as well? Because I've been waiting for an opportunity to break this one out:

"The National Radish Council advised that we excise that line, but we're going to do it anyway." - Will Ryan, after stumbling over the word "radish", B-TV: Live!

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

Ingress Neverwhere wrote:
Robyn Jacobs wrote:"How am I? Well, contrary to all the negative factors that have been impressed upon me in the previous 6-7 days, I feel rather energetic if not vigorous. How are you?"

Augh. The speaker is obviously Eugene, but I can't for the life of me say what episode it's from. Seems to be from an earlier episode...Eugene's Dilemma, maybe?

Close on the speaker. It is someone who sounds like Eugene, and not a major character. They barely mention the character's name. If that gives a hint!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Robyn Jacobs wrote:

Close on the speaker. It is someone who sounds like Eugene, and not a major character. They barely mention the character's name. If that gives a hint!
That would be Elizabeth from Third Degree.

That quote is of course followed by one of the greatest quotes in the entire series, "I'll go back to my corner." :mope:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

"Ah says you, but the environmental detection agency says they are!"

I don't know why, but that rather obscure quote has become a fixture with my sister and me. That whole Tom-Bart debate is pretty memorable, and since recording that scene with my sister, I've pretty much memorized the whole thing.

"What did she say?" - Harlow
"Are you nuts? The other way, the other way!" -Bart
"You let her talk to you like that??" - Harlow

:hilarious:
King Butter Turtle wrote:That would be Elizabeth from Third Degree.

That quote is of course followed by one of the greatest quotes in the entire series, "I'll go back to my corner." :mope:
"I can think of a couple. Prison, Antarctica..."
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
But not before: "Excuse me... I need some air." :hilarious:
Beef Taco
I've been here a bit

Post by Beef Taco »

*with mouth full* "Hey you got any more of this trail mix? ...."I'll go back to my corner"
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

"That's 1-800-A-Family"
Dr Ninja

Post by Dr Ninja »

"The address is Odyssey, Colorado Springs, CO 80995, in Canada write to Box 9800 Vancouver BC V6B 4G3, and when you write don't forget to ask about how you can get a copy of today' s episode, it's called "Episode name here".
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

"Pamona,-That's P-o-m-o-n-a-California"
Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Robyn Jacobs wrote:

That would be Elizabeth from Third Degree.

Nice one KBT! I just listened this episode and had to add it to this topic!
derekschroer wrote:"The address is Odyssey, Colorado Springs, CO 80995, in Canada write to Box 9800 Vancouver BC V6B 4G3, and when you write don't forget to ask about how you can get a copy of today' s episode, it's called "Episode name here".
Anyone pick up on the frequent references to the Canadian address on the Unofficial Podcast. I died laughing every time they would mention it. My sister and I used to say that whole wrap-up segment with Chris at the end of each episode because we had it memorized. :rofl:

How about, "I'm sitting in a room full of Eugene's" also from Third Degree. What a fun quotable episode!