The Future of Adventures in Odyssey

Some clarification...

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I'm going to use this time to finish buying EVERY album and complete my entire collection.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

I already have every album \:D/
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

It is hard to believe how much time will go by between now and when the next AIO album airs. I mean, I'll be at college by then :anxious: and it will give people time to work on their collection, if they need to, which in my opinion you can't ever have a flawless collection :)
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Maybe i'll try and get some of the more rare episodes not included in an album... such as Lights Out at Whit's End :D
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Thanks for clearing that up, Nathan! I think it'll be good for the show to have a break while thoughts and storylines are planned. :yes:
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

pure pure agony.and i resent that guy making fun of me also... i can take it from jennie therefore she is my sister, but now somebody else?!!! i am beginning to know what sarah on the podcasts feels like...i still think nathan should go on aio as himself knowing everything bout everybody it'd be cool :D
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Agent3xq wrote:It is hard to believe how much time will go by between now and when the next AIO album airs. I mean, I'll be at college by then :anxious: and it will give people time to work on their collection, if they need to, which in my opinion you can't ever have a flawless collection :)
Yeah, the time is going to kill me... I'll be starting my senior year of highschool... and interested in other boys, and probably thrown the whole TV thing out the window. I'm addicted to two shows... by then, they will probably be history to me... I hope not.

So much time... yet so little when we look back...
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Wow Danielle you're pretty dramatic...
I'm 15 as well and i expect to be the same then. :-
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Thankyou for the clarification! I was woried, but now I can just kick back and wait for the next season in '09. Just don't cut too many characters please! :pray:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Jellyfish11 wrote:Wow Danielle you're pretty dramatic...
I'm 15 as well and i expect to be the same then. :-
I'm dramatic? Just stating the facts. *is so hopelessly lost and confused...then remembers she just foudn out the sickest news IN THE WORLD!*

15 and a Senior... *blinks* Okay... I hope my mind isn't confusing me right now...
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

ahhh yuppppp!!! what episode is that from?
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

But...why?! *starts to cry* :cry:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

myaio wrote:ahhh yuppppp!!! what episode is that from?
The Meaning of Sacrafice.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

ACK! I don't mean to complain...but why does it take over a year to bring out a few new eps? I might die of adventures in odyssey withdrawl by then...{sigh} ok...i just hope they won't be too much different.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

he was rightt...haha..
cukesandwalker
Not as new

Post by cukesandwalker »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:All,

Apparently there is some confusion about the future of Adventures in Odyssey. We were hoping to clear that up with our latest Podcast, but apparently we didn’t succeed. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Here’s the scoop.

The Road Ahead...

May 17 – We’ll be airing the season finale -- “The Imagination Station, Revisited, Part 2.” This is also the last episode in album 50, which will be out this fall. (Album 50 includes some special bonuses, including a Walker Tribute photo album, another call-in during “The Triangled Web,” and awesome poster, and more.)

May 24, May 31, & June 7 – A special presentation called Kidsboro airs on the weekly broadcast. This is a three-part episode that introduces Kidsboro. You may recall an episode called Passages that introduced the Passages book series. This series will do the same thing for Kidsboro. You can hear the show on the weekly broadcast, or listen to the full episodes on the Podcast.

June 14-December 27 – Celebrating 20 Years! On the Odyssey weekly broadcast, we’ll be airing our favorite episodes of each year, starting with 1987. The broadcasts will also feature fan comments and a few celebrity call-ins.

Fall 2009 – New episodes of Adventures in Odyssey begin! Note that this will be Adventures in Odyssey and not a new program. It will be episode number 646 or somewhere around there, I believe. We’re taking this year to discuss the future of the show. When the show returns, there could be some changes and some new characters. But it will still be Adventures in Odyssey!

What will fill the Odyssey void in the meantime?

Of course, there’s the new Adventures in Odyssey: The Official Guide coming out this summer. 584 pages of AIO goodness. ;-)

The news Kidsboro book series. Two books are available now, and two more will be available this September. See the Official Kidsboro page. http://www.whitsend.org/kidsboro/

The live Adventures in Odyssey show in Colorado Springs, Colorado on August 16th... See the Official Info. http://focusonthefamily.edgeboss.net/do ... eevent.pdf

The Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast will continue through the hiatus and we have some fun stuff ahead for the hiatus/break. If you subscribe to the podcast, you’ll be among the first to know any news as soon as we can release it.
http://www.whitsend.org/podcast/

Also, I'm assuming that The Unofficial Podcast will keep going, so check in with them, too!
http://aiofanpodcast.blogspot.com/

We've been working hard to get a totally-redesigned WhitsEnd.org up and running. Keep checking back.
http://www.whitsend.org/

And there will be a few little surprises. (“Try Nova Rising...”)

So, repeat after me. Adventures in Odyssey is NOT shutting down...Adventures in Odyssey is NOT shutting down...Adventures in Odyssey is NOT shutting down... :-)

Nathan

Edited on 5/21 to add a bit more info.
oh thank God! I was worried I would get tired of old episodes, but if you throw some surprises (like you mentioned) it will be much more interesting :D \:D/
Star wars = awsome
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

no updates yet.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

too bad!
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Laurie wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:What's Nova Rising supposed to mean? Should we listen to that episode to find out some clues on what you mean by "more surprises?"
My question exactly.
Maybe whitsend.org will have an area for kids to work on. (Like Alex and Cal for the Novacom site).
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Check out this link http://aio-blog.blogspot.com/2008/08/10 ... iatus.html for my things to do during the hiatus.