What's with the Underwear Jokes in Odyssey?

Really!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

How could you not guess that Whit wore briefs? Most older men do, so it isn't too difficult to guess. ;)
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Mrs. Maxwell
Not as new

Post by Mrs. Maxwell »

Birdie wrote:
Rachel Maxwell wrote:I didn't think they were that bad, I just thought that they were silly. Really little kids won't think anything about it and older kids will just think it's silly. That's my complaint; they're silly.
I agree completly. Many 7 and 8 year olds won't think anything more of the underwear jokes than hilarious jokes.
Yeah, I too think they are silly, and also somewhat innapropriate. I'm just rather disappointed in the writers, because they're obviously capable of writing much funnier stuff without stooping to saying the word "underwear" for a quick laugh. It's an old joke that isn't funny anymore... At least not for an older Odyssey audience.... No offense anyone, this is just my opinion.
I'm probably...still a coward... but I wanted to something right in my life... will you forgive me?
-Richard Maxwell
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

At least they're not dirty, I mean, kids stuff these days is lousy-have you seen these 'kids' movies? I think they're kinda trying to 'keep up'. If that's keeping up, I'd rather stay back. But, like I said, they're mostly just silly.
cubsmith08
OK

Post by cubsmith08 »

yeah, my little brothers think that they are SO funny, but they're not going to go around telling them or thinking about them in a dirty way! :-s

Please DONATE to help me get more education and to start a MUSIC Faction!!
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I didn't find anything wrong with them. They're just silliness.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

The jokes never bothered me either.