Will You Be Joining The OAC?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Will You Be Signing Up For Odyssey Adventure Club?

Absolutely!
11%
Most Likely
5%
Probably Not
32%
Flat-Out Refuse
52%

Total votes: 44

TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Well, the character design is aesthetically appealing.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Not sure if the maniac with the machine gun is appropriate.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

American Eagle wrote:Not sure if the maniac with the machine gun is appropriate.
I believe it will be when we hear the episode
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I mean it's not very fitting to be on the cover of a show for 8-12-year olds.

Ehh, what do I know.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Machine gun? Really?

Hm.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

in the latest clip from podcast 188 they talk about people waving machine guns in the air and shooting, then they actually get shot at, what would be scarier for kids, a picture of a gun, or characters that they know and love being shot at by said machine gun? I don't think the image is going to be what people have a problem with
Reddo
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Dallas R. wrote:I genuinely hate to admit it, but after reading jennifertwt's comment on the other thread about giving up AIO for a year, I think she's absolutely right. I've decided that for the first time in 15 years, I'm going to give up all things Odyssey for awhile. I wouldn't call it a total strike, as I will catch up as best as I can come next December after album 58 has aired. However, with each new podcast being about exclusive episodes with exclusive interviews, and no new episodes for us non-wealthy fans with little to no new news for us, there's really nothing for me to keep up with. I will have little to say on these message boards, as I will not be in 'the-know'. I've already found myself checking these sites less and less.

I think that come January, I'm going to go on a hiatus. I can't believe I'm saying it. I've never fathomed a day where I grow past daily checking for updates in the AIO world, but it seems the time has come. A sad day of realization.
Missed this last week. And agreed. I unliked the show's facebook page nearly two months ago because I was sick of hearing of the club, and I won't follow the show anymore--exclusive episodes or regular albums--until this is made right. Until then, I'll continue enjoying everything up until album 56 during my drive to and from work.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Yeah, I saw that, but I wonder what does it really "mean" and is it an actual album cover. as in there will be a CD release, or just computer art to amuse the fans like the pic for The Ultimate Christmas Download?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

from what i know it's just art to go with the episodes,
Reddo
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:from what i know it's just art to go with the episodes,
that is what i was thinking. Just a "puff" for the OAC website. "pppfffffffffft" http://thetoo.com/images/smilies/Demonstration.gif
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

I think that could have at least named the album. Nice illustration though.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

Ok. So I haven't been around in a while. And I've been trying to understand the OAC. But it all confuses me. I feel terrible, but I want to know how to work this system. I have a couple of questions.

How often through the club will they be putting out new albums?

Will they be putting out the annual albums for the public?

Can you join and unjoin? As a college student, I don't know if I'll be able to be consistent. It's really expensive for my budget.

Will they be discontinuing selling all the other albums through CBS and iTunes?

Is the club series going to be a continuation of the past 57 albums or is a reboot, new series?

If I don't join right away, can I get all the past OAC albums?

What is everything that is included in the OAC package?

Hopefully that's everything! Thanks.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

jesusfreak wrote:How often through the club will they be putting out new albums?
They won't. There will be one episode per month released in the club, unavailable anywhere else, I believe un-downloadable. And, if that's the only reason you join, you can think of it as paying for one episode what you used to pay for an album.
Will they be putting out the annual albums for the public?
One per year as opposed to two as in the past.
Can you join and unjoin? As a college student, I don't know if I'll be able to be consistent. It's really expensive for my budget.
Don't know yet.
Will they be discontinuing selling all the other albums through CBS and iTunes?
The eps released through the club won't be available through CBS or iTunes, though everything else will be.
Is the club series going to be a continuation of the past 57 albums or is a reboot, new series?
Still slightly unclear, but it sounds like these episodes will be canon. So, part of the series, except you can't own them like everything else.
If I don't join right away, can I get all the past OAC albums?
Also unknown, though I can't imagine that you couldn't.
Lots of stuff. 1 exclusive episode per month, streaming of all past albums, the Harley eps will be available through the club, along with the AIO video series, Radio Theater, and Last Chance detectives, also available to stream. There will also be devotional material. There might be more stuff, I'm not sure.

Of course, if the only reason you're joining is the exclusive episodes, none of that offsets the cost.
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

Jonathan wrote:
Lots of stuff. 1 exclusive episode per month, streaming of all past albums, the Harley eps will be available through the club, along with the AIO video series, Radio Theater, and Last Chance detectives, also available to stream. There will also be devotional material. There might be more stuff, I'm not sure.

Of course, if the only reason you're joining is the exclusive episodes, none of that offsets the cost.
When you say Radio Theatre, are you saying that all of the Radio Theatre Productions will also be available in the live stream? ex. Chronicles of Narnia, Anne of Green Gables, Screwtape Letters, etc.?

quote tag fixed ~ bookworm
Last edited by bookworm on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Actually it is unclear whether the Harlep eps will be included or not. Jimmy and I have gotten conflicting information on that.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

they are included
Reddo
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

just saw on the AIO facebook page that "the launch" date for the OAC is January 2. I think I will still start my hiatus on the 1st. And got a reply that they will be sending me a private message.........probably asking me to refrain from making harsh remarks about the club. We shall see...........no message yet. If they do, which I guess I can understand, I will just "unlike" a little earlier than planned.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

it's been confirmed, month to month is available :)
Reddo
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Reddo wrote:it's been confirmed, month to month is available :)
I am sure that is good for some people, but I still cannot see it as good stewardship. It will be interesting to find out if those who join in December can access all OAC eps. However, you still don't own them, which is still a big drawback.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

jesusfreak wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
jesusfreak wrote:What is everything that is included in the OAC package?
When you say Radio Theatre, are you saying that all of the Radio Theatre Productions will also be available in the live stream? ex. Chronicles of Narnia, Anne of Green Gables, Screwtape Letters, etc.?
Ooh, if this is true, I will have to get it for at least a month, I need to listen to the rest of those.
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!