Michael Jackson

The King of Pop is dead

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

American Eagle wrote:This I cannot stand. I'm so sick of all the MJ talk. He's dead. Let's move on. Thanks. :)
Wow dude, why would you take a totally heartfelt post like that and be such a jerk? Just get over it, people like Michael Jackson. Nobody's going to be talking about you like this when you're dead. Maybe you're jealous?
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

xiao wrote:
American Eagle wrote:This I cannot stand. I'm so sick of all the MJ talk. He's dead. Let's move on. Thanks. :)
Wow dude, why would you take a totally heartfelt post like that and be such a jerk? Just get over it, people like Michael Jackson. Nobody's going to be talking about you like this when you're dead. Maybe you're jealous?
:snick:

I don't think he's jealous and that was a little mean... :snicks again: >_<

Xiao you always make me feel guilty after I read one of your posts :anxious: (well some of the time anyway)
xiao

Post by xiao »

I know he isn't really jealous, Johnny ;)

I know, I know, I have that effect on people. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

xiao wrote: I know, I know, I have that effect on people. \:D/
Be cause you like to buy stuff AT A HIGH PRICE!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Johnny wrote:Quite frankly, M.J. could have more success and more of a legacy than you will ever have or me or anyone else on the ToO. Yes, that is how AWESOME he was. He was TERRIFIC, A LEGEND, and just PURE AWESOMENESS.
Phrase in question: "More of a legacy than [American Eagle] will ever have..."

Because American Eagle has stated in the past that he witnesses actively and seeks God's help in witnessing even more than he currently does, I would daresay he already has a greater legacy (that will last forever in heaven) than Michael Jackson ever had. What American Eagle does impacts eternity, which by definition makes his legacy "more successful" than Mr. Jackson's. Whatever Mr. Jackson has done, it didn't leave this earth with him. He is not caring about whatever musical legacy he left behind. But American Eagle will always care about the way he built a legacy. And so will the people who were influenced by his legacy.

C'est la vie.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

KODY 105 wrote:
Johnny wrote:Quite frankly, M.J. could have more success and more of a legacy than you will ever have or me or anyone else on the ToO. Yes, that is how AWESOME he was. He was TERRIFIC, A LEGEND, and just PURE AWESOMENESS.

Because American Eagle has stated in the past that he witnesses actively and seeks God's help in witnessing even more than he currently does, I would daresay he already has a greater legacy (that will last forever in heaven) than Michael Jackson ever had. What American Eagle does impacts eternity, which by definition makes his legacy "more successful" than Mr. Jackson's. Whatever Mr. Jackson has done, it didn't leave this earth with him. He is not caring about whatever musical legacy he left behind. But American Eagle will always care about the way he built a legacy. And so will the people who were influenced by his legacy.

C'est la vie.
It is funny really. This topic was pretty much dead but people like you and A.E. always bump it back up again. Then you wonder why we continue to talk about him. :-k
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I was trying to help inform about the definition of more of a legacy.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

KODY 105 wrote:I was trying to help inform about the definition of more of a legacy.
Thanks, I've got it covered. ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

This is a double post because I have heard about the editing issue, so I wonder how this will work.

I don't care about this talk about Mr. Jackson. It can continue or stop. I was just trying to correct a grave misstatement.

--Someone else posted, so I guess this wasn't a double post now...
Man, this is confusing.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Johnny wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:

C'est la vie.
It is funny really. This topic was pretty much dead but people like you and A.E. always bump it back up again. Then you wonder why we continue to talk about him. :-k
You avoided what KODY wrote, so I will reply to it. First of all, thank you for your kind words; it's appreciated. But I need to give credit where credit's due. I am nothing. I can do nothing but through Christ; and with Him, I can do anything. I only go witnessing because that is what God has called me to do; to spread the AWESOME NEWS of CHRIST whenever possible. (And I still almost always fail.)

With that being said, what an awesome post, KODY. Even though Michael Jackson had nearly all the earthly treasures to be desired (money, fame, power, etc.), every Christian now has more Heavenly treasures than MJ does. That is why I have grown tired of all the threads relating to him.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Well I am not going to hate or anything, it is a good post and I agree and all but I was talking about earthly standards and I think your belittling M.J. You don't know why he did what he did. You don't know if he desired money, fame or power.

Your acting as if he is going to hell, he may be going to heaven and have just as many heavenly treasures as Christians do

So please, stop talking about the guy like that. It really isn't respectful.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Over the Rainbow wrote:probably the greatest artist who ever lived
Okay, I love MJ, but... seriously? :|
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Johnny wrote:Well I am not going to hate or anything, it is a good post and I agree and all but I was talking about earthly standards and I think your belittling M.J. You don't know why he did what he did. You don't know if he desired money, fame or power.

Your acting as if he is going to hell, he may be going to heaven and have just as many heavenly treasures as Christians do

Matthew 6:20-21 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?bo ... &chapter=6)
Argh at the new ToO for not having the auto-linking to Bible passages.

Why do we have to be told to lay up treasures in heaven? Could it be perhaps that we can lay up treasures in different places at different times? Yes, we do have different amounts of treasures that will last in heaven: 1 Corinthians 9:12-15 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... version=9;).

Mr. Jackson may have been saved before he died, but what treasures did he lay up in heaven?
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

KODY 105 wrote:
Johnny wrote:Well I am not going to hate or anything, it is a good post and I agree and all but I was talking about earthly standards and I think your belittling M.J. You don't know why he did what he did. You don't know if he desired money, fame or power.

Why do we have to be told to lay up treasures in heaven? Could it be perhaps that we can lay up treasures in different places at different times? Yes, we do have different amounts of treasures that will last in heaven: 1 Corinthians 9:12-15 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... version=9;).

Mr. Jackson may have been saved before he died, but what treasures did he lay up in heaven?
You have no right to say that because you are NOT M.J. You do NOT know what he did in his spare or private time. Just because he was rich here, does not mean he didn't store treasures in heaven.

I mean I understand what your saying but your assuming to many things about M.J. that may not be true ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Johnny wrote:You have no right to say that because you are NOT M.J. You do NOT know what he did in his spare or private time. Just because he was rich here, does not mean he didn't store treasures in heaven.

I mean I understand what your saying but your assuming to many things about M.J. that may not be true ;)
If he truly did spend his life storing up treasures in Heaven, the Bible says that thier would be Heavenly fruit in his life.
Matthew 7:16-17 wrote:Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Where is this "good fruit" in his life? I'm not saying that there isn't any, but I haven't seen any since I first heard about him a few years ago... :-k
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Let me guess AE, you think there's no good fruit because all you know about Michael Jackson is Billie Jean and some child molestation charges. :|
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

xiao wrote:Let me guess AE, you think there's no good fruit because all you know about Michael Jackson is Billie Jean and some child molestation charges. :|
Word

IMO very few people know about the true story regarding Billie Jean, sadly it's on wikipedia for the whole world to see :(
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Johnny wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:

You have no right to say that because you are NOT M.J. You do NOT know what he did in his spare or private time. Just because he was rich here, does not mean he didn't store treasures in heaven.

I made no declarative statement about Michael Jackson. I merely quoted Scripture and asked a question. Asking how someone impacted eternity is always a valid question.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

xiao wrote:
Over the Rainbow wrote:probably the greatest artist who ever lived
Okay, I love MJ, but... seriously? :|
Okay, one of the greatest! :x
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

No offense intended here, but I seriously think it's time to move on. Mr. Jackson has been dead for a month and every entertainment news show is still talking about his death. I heard just last night that they finally buried him. Please people, leave him to rest in peace.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln