Act Like Odyssey Contest!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Taq wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
LizzieG wrote:Here's another entry, from "The Black Veil."
Haha, the actor for Alex is very good. When he got upset at Nick, I really started believing the scene. \:D/
Agreed, AE, the out of control temper was believable. "He put NUTS on my SUNDAE!"

Thanks for the link, Lizzie.
I liked Whit too and Alex's mom - she even sounded a bit like Mrs. Jefferson
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

That was really great acting in the Black Veil entry!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I've found a slew of additional entries on YouTube, all of which have great laugh-out-loud moments:

Hidden in my Heart: Some of the funniest acting I've seen so far in these ... though, of course, the scene's already comical to begin with.

Aloha, Oy!: The entire three-parter told in four minutes! Props to their location scouter.

Afraid, Not!: A fun family production.

Snow Day: Another fun, kid-centered take on the classic episode. They also posted an extended edition and a blooper reel, both of which are also definitely worth watching!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I think the Snow Day is the best.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Wow, two more great portrayals of Rodney! I'm beginning to think his voice wouldn't be too hard to copy. :-k Hidden in my Heart and Snow Day were my favorites of those. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I liked the Broken Window Rodney--haven't heard Snow Day.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Thanks for the links, Lizzie! At first I searched YouTube zealously, but it nice to have a compilation of all the links.

AE, I second your comment about the additional Rodney portrayals. Hard to copy or not, I loved watching them!
  • Hidden in my Heart- I agree with Lizzie about the funny acting.
  • Aloha, Oy!- Loved Rodney! A lighthearted way to go through the three-parter. I laughed out loud several times including when Rodney went on the hot coals.
  • Afraid, Not!- I noticed the extra belly weight that the father put on to portray Whit and found it hilarious that the kid punched it in the blooper reel.
  • Snow Day- Loved how the Mr. Smiley the Snowman was blown up!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Hidden in my heart: I just heard the audio version, and the video version rocks! It's so awesome!
Aloha, Oy: The hot coal part was funny, and the Doris actor was great! Nice way to put it in 4 minutes.
Snow Day: Really great and awesome! Mr. Smiley!
Afraid, Not: Blech...it was boring...
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Hidden in my Heart - YES! The 119 operator was perfect!
Aloha, Oy! - Great Rodney!
Afraid, Not! - Great Rusty!
Snow Day - Great assassination of Mr. Smiley!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Bumping this thread one more time because the blooper reel for my entry is finally up! \:D/

Mandy's Debut: Blooper reel -- the beginning of the video is set to Will Ryan's "Have You Ever Been to Odyssey?" \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Ahh, what fun that was. \:D/ Lizzie, are you the one in the green shirt, the polka-dot shirt, or were you off-camera?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

None of the above! ;) You can spot a glimpse of me at 0:41 and 0:58, and occasionally hear me tell the others what to do. \:D/
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I would have done a video. But I am too lazy. :)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY