What do you think of Emily Jones?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

How much do you hate Emily?

10-I love her!!!!!!!!!
3%
9-She's pretty awesome!
3%
8-I like her!
12%
7-She has her ups and downs
18%
6-She's OK. Not a huge fan, though.
9%
5- Eh. 50/50
9%
4-She can get quite annoying, but I survive.
15%
3- The annoying twit!
6%
2-She's snobby, rude, and annoying. How much worse can she get?
9%
1- I HATE HER, I HATE HER, I HATE HER! :x
12%
0- I don't really care about her, or any of the new characters.
3%

Total votes: 33

Joy
Lucid and deductive

What do you think of Emily Jones?

Post by Joy »

Many people have varied opinions on Emily Jones. Some think her annoying, rude, and snobby, while others think that her judgement is too cruel. Well, we all have different opinions, so, state them here. Rate her from 1 to 10. My opinion, personally, is that she's pretty cool. I'm young, so I ignore, and don't notice, many things.
Last edited by Joy on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

A hate thread on the ToO, what are we coming too? :(

50/50 I'd say..people hated Rodney Rathbone, but that didn't make him a 'bad' character. ;)
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I actually liked Rodney. He was one of my favorite characters, I wish he would come back.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Eh, probably 50 or so, she's not a terribly bad character, just not my favorite.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I don't hate her. I actually never thought bad of her until I saw a bunch of opinionated comments. I still don't hate her. I just tend to follow the crowd. People and their opinionated ideas. :(
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I didn't mind her in "The Green Ring Conspiracy" and "Emily the Genius". I noticed they tweaked her character slightly.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Yeah. They were probably listening to the voice of the fans. +1 for AIO! They now have 1,000,001 awesomeness points.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I think they do a good job with Emily, and she's not annoying to me at all. So I clicked on 9.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I think she works best as a foil for Matthew. My favorite episodes with Emily are ones like "The Square One Club" "The Malted Milkball Falcon" and parts of the Green Ring Conspiracy. I really don't like her in the Parker/Jones detective episodes. She really isn't bad in Emily the Genius either. I like where they are taking her character.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Her voice still gets on my nerves, I will admit. And at the beginning, she really bugged me because of how obnoxious she was. But since we haven't seen the Jones and Parker Detective Agency as of late and we've just seen Emily as a more relatable character, I think it's been working very well. I much prefer her dynamic with characters like Matthew, Priscilla, and Barrett as her friends rather than "I'm the super awesome detective and I'm smarter than you", which is how she came across for much of her earlier appearances. She may not become a Mandy or a Lucy, but aside from her voice, I can't complain.

I'd change the title of this thread, though; not sure how wise it is to have a "hate" thread, especially since it's a rating of your opinion and not exclusively of hatred.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ummm
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by ummm »

This topic is stupid. Actually, it seems like the level of discussion on the TOO has been on a downward spiral in the past year. I check the board less and less. I only come here to see what people are saying regarding new news in the AIO world, but mostly all I see is gibberish. AIO is really good. The TOO is becoming mostly uninteresting.

Maybe I am being harsh...dunno. But these discussion topics don't provide any value to anyone.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I really don't like the first post in this thread...really, I don't like the word "hate" when turned toward people. Even if you are hating on a fictional character. It just doesn't sound right to me. To be honest, it actually reminds me of the rude comments I so frequently find on YouTube...do you really want to be associated with that?
Last edited by snubs on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

snubs wrote:I really don't like the first post in this thread...really, I don't like the word "hate" when turned toward people. Even if you are hating on a fictional character. It just doesn't sound right to me. To be honest, it actually reminds me of the rude comments I so frequently find on YouTube...do you really want to be associated with that?
+1 I don't particularly like Emily, but saying you "hate" her only makes me want to stick up for her. ;) I voted 5/10 in the poll.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Haven't they gotten rid of Emily in Album 54? I wouldn't know, I only listened to the first two episodes, and that was a while ago. I haven't been following much AIO in the past 6 months or so.

They have to have a kid character. Thus, Emily.

I despise her voice. It is disturbingly disrupting. It pierces the air so sharply, it's incredible.

I mean no offense to the actress that plays Emily
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Hate? :anxious:

Well, I do not like her. She's. . .snobby, rude, and gets on my nerves. I feel sorry for Matthew, and I had trouble not thinking she got what she deserved in Emily the Genius.

Still, I hope she changes, or it's going to be a lot of fun times with her.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I actually have never hated her. I'm only 10, so I've never really critiqued Odyssey. I ignored the obvious. I loved Emily Jones from the beginning. She wasn't my favourite, but I liked her. Then I read the comments on OdysseyScoop. I never knew anybody hated Emily. So I don't really notice it. I just thought everybody else did. I may be a bit immature at times, but I am only 10. Sometimes I don't really think things through, and that can get annoying, I know. So please excuse my moments of un-thinking-ness.
TigerintheShadows

Haha, I know what you mean. I watched Avatar as a cartoon, read Harry Potter as a book, and then I got to Internet forums and I was like, "Wow...I had no clue people actually thought this way!" It's the same principle with Odyssey (and the same thing happened when I discovered the ToO). I never knew people hated some characters and loved others.

Excusing your moments of "un-thinking-ness" due to your age wouldn't really help you; however, gently calling you on them will. ;) Changing the title to, say, "What do you think of Emily Jones" would be much better than asking how much we hate her.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Yeah, you're right. Thanks. I have officially changed it. It is no longer a "hate" post.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I disliked Emily Jones in the Green Ring Conspiracy. She got very annoying and her flirting was terrible.[did I say awful] Other than that she is all right except for the occasional annoying parts here and there.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
TigerintheShadows

Her flirting was terrible? Dude, she's ten years old. What do you expect?
AIO tumblr sideblog