If Chris Anthony left, how much would it affect you?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

How much would it effect you?

It would affect listening to AIO a lot! :mecry:
38%
It would somewhat effect listening to AIO. :sniff:
38%
It would effect only very little when listening to AIO. #-o
17%
Wouldn't effect a lot... :shame:
7%
Who is Chris Anthony? :shrugs:
No votes

Total votes: 29

Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

It would be disappointing, but I'd get over it.

Honestly, I think not having Chris would affect the older episodes more than the new ones... "The Inspiration Station", or "Life, In The Third Person" would be about the same whether Chris was there or not, but it'd be notable if you were to go back to one of the really early ones, like "Ice Fishing", and edit it to replace her with somebody else.

Probably this is because she played more of a role, and tended to show more emotion (so she might have a more downcast voice in a sad episode) in the older ones, whereas now she mostly delivers a consistently bouncy version of the intro and outro.

Of course, that might have something to do with the show itself... when was the last really sad or serious episode made?
Metroid388
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Metroid388 »

It's weird to think they would replace her, but the fact is that if they didn't, they'd have to come up with a way to wrap up the "moral of the story" better within the actual story, which would be hard to make realistic because it'd come off as preachy. Having Chris explain the moral outside of the story, directly to the audience, allows the writer's to drive their point home without worrying about having to work it into the actual episode.

So, when Chris eventually does say goodbye, someone will have to take her place, unless they dramatically shift the way the actual stories are told. I'd miss Chris and feel a little negatively about someone replacing such a beloved voice, but ultimately I think it'd be for the best.
"Everyone your age feels the same way you do. No matter how cool or together they may seem on the outside, inside, they're just as scared and confused as you are."- Coming of Age
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

I would eventually get over it, but not if they just took her out in one episode and then in the next she wasn't there. That wouldn't be fair. As long as they have someone to close the episodes, preferably female, I think AIO would be okay. If they tried to get someone similar to her character, too, that would help.

And by the way, Chris wasn't in the Mortal Coil either.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

As long as they keep paying her, shell keep showing up. Would you honestly walk away from a fun, paying job that takes very little commitment and time?

No way.
AlexMitchell
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AlexMitchell »

Parker Family wrote:
Steve wrote:I'd like to hear Brock host the show. :lol: :hilarious:
That would be interesting :lol:
I like this idea. \:D/ It could be a lot of fun.

I like Chris, but lately, she's not the bookending star she used to be in the old episodes when she had her own little plot line. That's cheesy now, but was fun then, and a new quirky personality might not be bad. Just so it's not Cryin' Bryan Dern. ](*,)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

AlexMitchell wrote: I like Chris, but lately, she's not the bookending star she used to be in the old episodes when she had her own little plot line. That's cheesy now, but was fun then, and a new quirky personality might not be bad. Just so it's not Cryin' Bryan Dern. ](*,)
I kinda miss those days when she had her own personality...cheesy, but amusing nonetheless.
LOL, can you imagine Cryin' Bryan Dern trying to sum up the moral of the story at the end?! "AND WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS THE MORAL OF THE STORY...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I mean, it's ONE thing for Connie to complain a little, but she ACTUALLY YELLED at Eugene! IT WAS RIDICULOUS!! I'm SO glad Whit set her straight there...what do our listeners think? SHOULD he have set her straight, or are you one of those CRAZY people who think that was she being perfectly REASONABLE?" :lol:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Soccer. You must write for Dern.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Soccer, that was amazing! :shock:

I would be very upset if Chris was no longer apart of AIO, but I would eventually get over it. Changes happen all the time, and you learn to get use to them. Though I hope Chris doesn't leave anytime soon.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I would quite honestly probably just stop listening to Odyssey. I mean, as much as she can be kinda annoying... I like her commentary at the end of the episode. :tongue2:
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

SoccerLOTR wrote:LOL, can you imagine Cryin' Bryan Dern trying to sum up the moral of the story at the end?! "AND WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS THE MORAL OF THE STORY...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I mean, it's ONE thing for Connie to complain a little, but she ACTUALLY YELLED at Eugene! IT WAS RIDICULOUS!! I'm SO glad Whit set her straight there...what do our listeners think? SHOULD he have set her straight, or are you one of those CRAZY people who think that was she being perfectly REASONABLE?" :lol:
1. You totally just channeled Dern with talent and flair far beyond anything the AIO writing team has come up with in years.

2. Dern as the announcer? Best. Idea. Ever. I would listen just to hear his intro and wrap up.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Soccer, I just read that out loud, and could completely hear Corey's voice reading it. That completely captured the spirit of Bryan in an almost frightening manner...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Soccer, I just read that out loud, and could completely hear Corey's voice reading it. That completely captured the spirit of Bryan in an almost frightening manner...
Indeed.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Marvin D. wrote:Soccer. You must write for Dern.
Maybe I do... :anxious:
Thanks all, for the comments, made my day! Guess I finally found my writing forte! \:D/
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Parker Family wrote:To me, if she left, it would be a big impact on the show... but how about you?
agreed

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice